Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Gays have lost the battle Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Amazing Jabels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 am
California, my beloved homeland. I have supported almost everything this state has done, and waited eagerly for the day we secede from America and form our own independant republic. A while ago four justices finally awarded gays the right to marry. Yesterday that right was taken away at the polls. California no longer recognises us gays as human beings. Well, screw this hellhole. It's over. I'm going to Britian.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 am
Quote:
California, my beloved homeland. I have supported almost everything this state has done, and waited eagerly for the day we secede from America and form our own independant republic. A while ago four justices finally awarded gays the right to marry. Yesterday that right was taken away at the polls. California no longer recognises us gays as human beings. Well, screw this hellhole. It's over. I'm going to Britian.

WTF! that sucks ! *huggles for jabels* they shouldnt be allowed to do that! burning_eyes  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

The Amazing Jabels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:02 am
Quote:
Quote:

WTF! that sucks ! *huggles for jabels* they shouldnt be allowed to do that! burning_eyes
Well, there are British people across the Atlantic, and they look friendly enough. I think I'll go hang out with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 am
That sucks. I was born and raised there. What the Fark has happened to California??? confused

I swear, if things don't improve in this country, I'm learning a second language. I think I might move to one of the Scandinavian countries. Finland perhaps. Or, I could go to the land of my ancestors; Ireland.

(((Jabels)))

moon child

15,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

The Amazing Jabels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 am
I considered Ireland. It's a nice place, but Britain is cooler.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am
http://fc70.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/232/7/0/British_Flag_Eye_by_bigdoggraphics222.pngp

Don't say that isn't cool, because it is.  

The Amazing Jabels

Alice Nakagawa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 pm
I am really disappointed. I was hoping to move there someday to at least have the opportunity to get married.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm
That pissed me off! I was so freakin' pissed this morning when I found out! I wanted to hit the government! scream  

Clair Fay

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:41 pm
Though civil unions are recognised here in England it is not marriage as such. As far as I'm concerned marriage is taking an oath in the presence of God.

Well thats not recognised here. A civil union, or gay marriage, means that it is easier for a gay couple to live as a family.

But believe me it isn't necessarily so great. A gay couple I know who have split recently have done so in a very poor way. The breadwinner of the two has got the house, money and car whilst the stay at home mum has nothing.

Its a pain in the arse.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 pm
Hold on... there was a gay couple civil unionized in an anglican church not long ago. Article here.

Also: I am highly disappointed with California. I expected better.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:36 pm
My hubby and I are closet Brits xd . We've definitely considered moving across the "pond".

But seriously that really sucks, and I am truly sorry to see it happen. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:47 pm
I know! I was so pissed to see that Prop 8 passed.
It's completely reprehensible that some people think that they can use their rights to take away the rights of others neutral  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:03 pm
Quote:
Hold on... there was a gay couple civil unionized in an anglican church not long ago. Article here.

That was months ago though, when it was still legal. Now they said that you can't, though the marrigages between now and then are legal and will (presumably) remain so.

If they don't, i'm moving to Canada and giving the US the finger.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 pm
Quote:
Quote:

That was months ago though, when it was still legal. Now they said that you can't, though the marrigages between now and then are legal and will (presumably) remain so.

If they don't, i'm moving to Canada and giving the US the finger.

She was talking about in England (in response to doistu's post about civil unions over there). biggrin  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:42 pm
Ah. Well, regardless. If the marriages over here are pronounced null-in-void I'm moving to Canada and giving the US the finger.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games