Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
muslim CANNOT marry kufars Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm
THE REASON??
ARTICAL>>>More than 500 women attended the Swiss Muslim woman conference in Newchatle, Switzerland. The conference addressed some very interesting lectures, one of which was called “understanding psychologies”, another one called “ how did prophet Mohamed Salla Allah Allih Wa Salam handle his marital problems”.

And the conference was concluded with “Round Table”, a special session for discussing the problems facing Muslim families in Switzerland, France, and Italy. Among the attendances, there were Muslim women of Arabic origin, European origin, and new converts.

The conference management was remarkably excellent. A special hall was dedicated to the women who have babies with them. And there were three special places for day care.

The conference duration was just one day, but it was better than a hundred days with its distinctive programs and events. What I noticed most was that, the new the converts, and those who are still thinking about converting to Islam, were facing difficulties in solving their social problems.

One of them said: “I want to convert to Islam, but I don’t want to wear hijab”.

A second one said: “you are talking about raising kids in Islam, and I’m a new convert, I don’t have the knowledge, or the ability to raise my kids in an Islamic way...so what do I do?”

A third one said: “why is it permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jewish woman, and in the same time, it is forbidden that a Muslim woman marries an infidel?”

A forth one said: “my husband is a political refugee, and we are so busy with our financial problems, we don’t have enough time to raise our kids in the proper way”.

After that we started discussing these problems through lectures, and side discussions. In this article, I discuss only one issue, that is, why doesn’t Islam treat man, and woman evenly? Islam forbids a Muslim woman from marrying a non-Muslim man, and allows a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jewish woman.

During the conversation, I started by explaining that the main principle in Islam is the equality in belief between the husband and his wife. This equality and consistency help in making their marriage successful.

Allowing a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jewish woman, is an exceptional rule applied under special circumstances. And when a Muslim man marries a Christian or a Jewish woman, there is no problem, because he believes in all prophets, and all holy books. There will be no problem between him and his wife in this matter, especially that his religion -Islam- commands him to be fair with his wife even if she were Christian or Jewish. And any Muslim man going through such marriage should have strong belief in his faith, and should strongly abide by his religion.

The reason for forbidding a Muslim woman from marrying a non-Muslim, is that a Christian or a Jewish man believes only in his prophet, and doesn’t believe in prophet Mohamed Salla Allah Allih Wa Salam or any of the other prophets (blessing be upon them).

For example, when this Muslim woman, tries to teach her kids to love and respect all prophets and believe in all of them, her non-Muslim husband will not agree, because he believes only in his prophet. He will interfere in the way she raises her kids, and prevents her from raising them in an Islamic way. And here comes the real problem, because she will have only two options, whether she leaves the whole thing as it is, and does nothing about it -which will be an insult to her religion- or she argues about the matter, and this will sure lead to more marital problems.

On the other hand, there will be no such problems between a Muslim husband, and a non Muslim wife, because if this wife tried to teach her kids to love and believe in her prophet, her Muslim husband will not refuse that because he already believes in her prophet and all prophets. This is why Islam allows the marriage between Muslim man and non-Muslim woman, and forbids the marriage between Muslim woman, and non-Muslim man. Because Islam respects the marital relationship and wants to guarantee its stability, not because it respects men, and disrespects women …

Discussing these issues with the westerners is so important, so that they get to know Islam better, and understand the logic behind social rules, and issues.

One of the nice stories mentioned in the conference, was a story of a Muslim girl when her school was celebrating Christmas. She was blamed for not celebrating her prophet’s birthday as they do. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala inspired her with a very smart answer. She said to her teachers and her friends, “you believe only in one prophet, but we Muslims, respect and believe in all prophets. If we tried to celebrate all the prophets’ birthdays then everyday of the year would be a feast for us.” They were all astounded by her brilliant answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:54 pm
I see the things about different religions and I get it, but don't agree. Issues are going to come up reqardless, just look at my family. My Dad just believes in God, and my Mom is a Christian. I'm taking after Dad, and my Mom isn't so happy about that, but she is accepting. The marriage has lasted 20+ years.

Not every marriage is like that. Sometimes religion causes real controversy in a household and breaks it apart. I have seen it happen. If the United States is any example, half our marriages end up in divorce. It depends on the people and their ability to compromise.  

ffdarkangel

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:58 am
Quote:
...her Muslim husband will not refuse that because he already believes in her prophet and all prophets…

will you please explain that line.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:25 am
What is a Kufar between?  

Zaakii

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:03 am
tassan
Quote:
...her Muslim husband will not refuse that because he already believes in her prophet and all prophets…

well what dont you understand? and inshallah ill explain the best i can  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:04 am
tassan
Quote:

did you read the whole artical brother? beacause it explains it l8er on....  

XxXZero_BeatXxX

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 pm
Quote:

tassan

For the sake of making sure this topic doesn't die, I'm just getting the topic from the article. This is not my personal opinion. I think it is saying that men are usually more forceful with their religion, while women don't argue about it as much. In a woman marrying a person from another religion, he would force his beliefs on the kids and leave Islam in the dust.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 am
ffdarkangel
Quote:

tassan

For the sake of making sure this topic doesn't die, I'm just getting the topic from the article. This is not my personal opinion. I think it is saying that men are usually more forceful with their religion, while women don't argue about it as much. In a woman marrying a person from another religion, he would force his beliefs on the kids and leave Islam in the dust.

Hmph. Everywhere else I've been aside from male-dominated societies, most of the time religion is enacted by the woman because dad is too busy doing other things.

Absurd Thought

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:29 am
Absurd Thought
ffdarkangel
Quote:

tassan

Hmph. Everywhere else I've been aside from male-dominated societies, most of the time religion is enacted by the woman because dad is too busy doing other things.

Im going to have to agree,my own mother was the big Pushing force of faith in my family, Dad was keen to just let me do what i liked mom had differant ideas, Same with a lot of my friends its the Mothers who are very concerned for you in terms of Faith, the larger portions of church congrigations in my area are made up of woman, the men i find simply are to busy to really dedicate and teach the faith.

Plus have you ever really tried to argue with a woman who is "completely set" on an ideal...it's not a pretty sight, usually ends up a mentally damaged husband haha.

From what ive experianced first hand, i would say a Woman is "more" able than a man to teach a Child there faith. But of course i have no insight as to if this is the case in a Male dominated culture.

To say that a Woman cannot be as big of an Influence or to imply that for some reason a Man must always be right, is simply Sexism..and wrong.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:27 am
And a kufar is?  

Zaakii

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:29 pm
That was not my opinion! I was just restating what was in the article! It was to help the topic get going!

My mom is religious, and she was what started religion in this family (My dad didn't have one). She raised me and my sister Methodist Christian, and let us choose whether to go to church or not. I think this was good in the long run, because neither my sister or I hate church like our friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:35 pm
ffdarkangel
That was not my opinion! I was just restating what was in the article! It was to help the topic get going!

My mom is religious, and she was what started religion in this family (My dad didn't have one). She raised me and my sister Methodist Christian, and let us choose whether to go to church or not. I think this was good in the long run, because neither my sister or I hate church like our friends.
xd
well you certainly are stimulating the topic.

Zaaki, Kufar means disbeliever; mostly directed to those who are non-Muslims. It can be used as an insult to non-Muslims, because they do not accept Islam.

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:59 am
The Dead Terrorist Achmed
ffdarkangel

xd
well you certainly are stimulating the topic.

Zaaki, Kufar means disbeliever; mostly directed to those who are non-Muslims. It can be used as an insult to non-Muslims, because they do not accept Islam.

Ohh those guys we in danish call "Hedderne" ore sumthing... For some 700 years ago? confused

Neways i got it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:10 am
Why kufars or disbelievers when they are Jews or Christians and do believe in god?

And what if the Muslim woman married a non-muslim who is a believer...in god..but is Jew or Christian...but still believe in the other prophets?

_rainarai_

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:10 am
_rainarai_
Why kufars or disbelievers when they are Jews or Christians and do believe in god?

And what if the Muslim woman married a non-muslim who is a believer...in god..but is Jew or Christian...but still believe in the other prophets?

A woman MUST MARRY a muslim ONLY!

A man can marry someone from the relegions of the books.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff