Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Otherkin and Therians Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r u an otherkin/therian?
  Yes! >^.^<
  no... :P
View Results

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:49 pm
Anyway, r any of u otherkins/therians? im a mermaid otherkin. if any of you have questions, feel free to post those as well!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:57 am
What has led you to this conclusion?

If "otherkin" are to be taken seriously, we must understand them as we understand, for example, transgender individuals: basically, a soul in the wrong body.

If "otherkin" are actually a thing, then, they should live as what they think they are, just as transgenders live, when they can, as the gender they feel they should be. Failure to do so would produce body dismorphia and similar.

Thus you should spend the majority of each day in the ocean, eat only seafoods, bind your legs together, bathe only in salt water, and so forth. I assume you do these things?

Sorry to come off as snarky but I've met too many "otherkin". Every damn person is an otherkin! We're bloody lucky there are any humans left! Identifying with a mythological creature or an animal doesn't mean you are one, just that you identify with one. And if you identify with one, you're still a human. Not an "otherkin".

I hate that word so much.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:56 am
i havent the foggiest actually...
I know i was an elemental spirit in a previous life and i still carry a bit of that grace and poise into this life but iive no idea if that makes me otherkin or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:46 pm
now just so everyone's clear on wat i mean here, a THERIAN is an earthly being (like a wolf) in a human body. an OTHERKIN is a person who was a magickal being (like a dragon) in a past life, or is a magickal being in a human body. Im reincarnated from a mermaid. if i was a therian, then i would probably do the kind of things Sanguina-chan talks about.  

Aryain Flames

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Quote:
WitchyBoy:
i havent the foggiest actually...
I know i was an elemental spirit in a previous life and i still carry a bit of that grace and poise into this life but iive no idea if that makes me otherkin or not.

indeed, this would make u an otherkin.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:47 pm
Quote:
now just so everyone's clear on wat i mean here, a THERIAN is an earthly being (like a wolf) in a human body. an OTHERKIN is a person who was a magickal being (like a dragon) in a past life, or is a magickal being in a human body. Im reincarnated from a mermaid. if i was a therian, then i would probably do the kind of things Sanguina-chan talks about.

No. Earthly animal vs. mystical creature, it doesn't matter. If you're a mermaid soul trapped in a human's body, then you had damn well be doing the things that Sanguina-chan said. And if you were a mermaid in a past life good for you. But as it stands, you're a HUMAN now. We all are. Deal with it.

Aside from that, I think Otherkin has to be the silliest thing to ever try to attach itself to Paganism. I fear the day that Otaku-kin try the same bullshit.

So, since you claim to be a mermaid Otherkin, which culture's perception of a mermaid do you draw from?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

AiRune

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:48 pm
Ha-ha! I am Lina Inverse in a three-dimensional, non-animated body! Fear me!

LOL, I think what you've mentioned would be cosplay taken too far. Though it would be funny to run around throwing wads of red streamers at people, shouting "Fireball!"

I've never agreed with the notion of otherkin or therian. It doesn't matter what you were before. You're in a human body now (unless there's something we don't know) and you have to deal with human things. Being a mermaid spirit certainly isn't going to pay the bills.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:07 pm
past life is past.
present life is important.
you are who you are, past life being magical being or not.
and, have you been to a specialized past life regression person? that's really the only (semi) reliable way to tell.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

LRGG1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:24 pm
I personally do not believe in otherkin.
I would if not everyone claimed to be one.
If it is true then it would be so magnificently rare, and that person's soul would be different. Even slightly.

I guess if mythological creatures did exist, and reincarnation was true; otherkin would be real and possible. But I do not believe in most creatures of myth, and reincarnation is not a must in my eyes(I think you have a choice).

So, in conclusion rolleyes .  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:39 pm
question: why would a magnificent, magical beings trade their previous existance to become a human? sorry, but it doesnt make sense that something so free would want to reincarnate into something so trapped. (and you cant say we arent trapped, look at society)  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:15 pm
Quote:

Agreed.
Maybe it's just the forums here, but I feel like out of every 8 teens I come across, at least 1 of them is claiming to be some sort of magickal super galactic elf mage soul trapped in a human body.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:21 pm
Quote:
question: why would a magnificent, magical beings trade their previous existance to become a human? sorry, but it doesnt make sense that something so free would want to reincarnate into something so trapped. (and you cant say we arent trapped, look at society)

I don't think it's quite so simple..or the choices so obvious.
But if a magical creature did have a clear choice and chose to be a human, it either didn't know of their bs culture or thought they looked cool or something. xD  

LRGG1

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:31 pm
Quote:
Ultraviolett1127:
Quote:

Agreed.
Maybe it's just the forums here, but I feel like out of every 8 teens I come across, at least 1 of them is claiming to be some sort of magickal super galactic elf mage soul trapped in a human body.

They are!
On WOW, anyways...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:45 pm
Quote:
xXx kitsy xXx:
Quote:
Ultraviolett1127:
Quote:

Agreed.

They are!
On WOW, anyways...

xd  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:52 pm
Quote:

According to otherkin.net: Otherkin is a collective noun for an assortment of people who have come to the somewhat unorthodox, and possibly quite bizarre, conclusion that they identify themselves as being something other than human....

Which means that you currently think that you are something other than human. It has nothing to do with what you were in a past life. Also when it comes to Wicca specifically - reincarnation is a core belief, but the belief is that we always reincarnate as humans - not otherkin or even animals for that matter. Obviously there are other paths/religions out there that believe differently (such as Buddhism, but I can honestly say that there aren't any that I know of who believe that we are otherkin. As a Past Life Regression Therapist, I can say that over the years I have never encountered anyone who claimed to be anything other than human in a past life.

According to WikiFur.com: Therians are people who believe that they have an intrinsic, personal, and integral connection to (an) animal(s). That is to say that part of their core being is animal, be it spiritually, mentally, et cetera. Unlike furry lifestylers, therians do not try to outwardly project their animalistic nature, nor do they choose the animal side they are inherently born with.

Note that it says Therians do not try to project their animalistic nature.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games