Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:50 pm
I went by my local high end gun shop to find that there was a rush on new purchases!

All but a handful of AR clones and some garbage I wouldn't have as a gift were on the lower rack. I've never seen them sell out of the good guns so fast. No Springfields at all.

Got my box of double aught for my Winchester Model 12 and hit the road.

I'll be checking out the other stores and the Crossroads of the West gun show to see what little is left on the market.

Good luck if you haven't bought an assault rifle. There may be no incentive to restock even if the demand remains high until mid January.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:23 pm
Seeing as the only local gunshop is a tiny bit out of the way, I might get lucky. Either way, I'm ALREADY having him hold the Taurus PT1911 for me (ungodly deal), and I might stop by some time and see if he has anything in black he wouldn't mind holding until later for me.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 am
********, I forgot about Crossroads!

I need a JOOOOOOB. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:13 am
I heard that Obama might tax the s**t out of ammunition.
Is that true?

Also, since all of the hunters that I know are white, wouldn't this be a bit of "I'm getting back at whitey." s**t?  

OberFeldwebel

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:44 am
******** not being eighteen!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:55 am
YAY AWESOME BEING RELATED TO THE GUNSHOP OWNER!!!

I wonder if I can convince him to give me one of his Mosins for Christmas. It WAS the assault rifle of it's day, after all, and it's in a man's caliber.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:14 am
uryu ishida
It WAS the explosive vest of it's day
Fix'd.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:14 am
s**t I'm glad I have a job now.

Like really, ugh, timing couldn't have been better, unless I'd gotten it a few months ago.

I just don't know what to get! I really wanted that revolver, but now I'm thinking it needs to be hi-cap. Doubt I'd even be able to find a black rifle these days. Might have to go for an XD9 though.  

ArmasTermin

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:31 pm
You think that all these people buying guns and ammo has an impact on the economy? You know, that really important system that is in the crapper because there is les stuff getting sold? How much revinue would you think is in the gun/hunting market?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:08 pm
Man of the Demoneye
You think that all these people buying guns and ammo has an impact on the economy? You know, that really important system that is in the crapper because there is les stuff getting sold? How much revinue would you think is in the gun/hunting market?

So this is Obama's plan to stimulate the economy? Brilliant, if sinister.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:56 am
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

He's probably still going, "If we ban guns, more people will die, and with the inheritance tax we would get even more money."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:59 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

He's probably still going, "If we ban guns, more people will die, and with the inheritance tax we would get even more money."
Not to mention all the CSI, PD, EMT, and hospital jobs it helps create. 3nodding  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:56 am
One other thing I observed among the people buying guns that day was a run on semi-auto pistols. Three people were buying hi cap pistols.

Funny thing was that the tacticool home defense shotguns were still gathering dust on the racks. Plenty of those to go around.

I'm waiting on my dealer to get another shipment of RAA Saiga rifles and shotguns in. This will most likely be the last shipment until the laws are rewritten in the first 100 days of the new administration.

And load up on ammo. If nothing else, they'll probably add a tax on it and/or make you show an ID to buy it. Like either of those things are going to stop violent crime!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:28 am
Floyd
One other thing I observed among the people buying guns that day was a run on semi-auto pistols. Three people were buying hi cap pistols.

Funny thing was that the tacticool home defense shotguns were still gathering dust on the racks. Plenty of those to go around.

I'm waiting on my dealer to get another shipment of RAA Saiga rifles and shotguns in. This will most likely be the last shipment until the laws are rewritten in the first 100 days of the new administration.

And load up on ammo. If nothing else, they'll probably add a tax on it and/or make you show an ID to buy it. Like either of those things are going to stop violent crime!
Right, like the tax on fully auto firearms? I guess professional criminals and bank robbers just don't have the money.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:15 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

Not to mention all the CSI, PD, EMT, and hospital jobs it helps create. 3nodding

Yeah I'll have to get some mil surp ammo in can quantities.
Both 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R.
I guess I should check out how much a can quantity for Wolf .45 Auto is.

Hmm, not clear of whether the 500 or 1000 is a can quantity.
... in either case I can't afford the 1,000 right now.
Anyway, I could get 300-400 rnds and put them in one of the fat .30 or .50 cal boxes that I have.
Just need to get some silica gel s**t or something.

Also, since it's winter and I don't feel like screwing around with firearms that I'm not going to use for a while, is there any kind of grease that I can coat them in that will prevent rust longer than just oil?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff