Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Gunny's Got a New Show Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:13 pm
Called "Lock n' Load" on the History Channel right now. I'm not sure if it's a special one-time thing or a new series, though.

It's basically just talking about the way guns changed over the years, stuff we've all heard a hundred times over. But the Gunny's saying it, so I don't mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:28 pm
I've already got a show like that. "Weaponology".

I want that to be my major in college...... the study of weaponry. Imagine that conversation in the hallway.

"Oh, I've got to go to history. We're studying the French Revolution."

"Well, I've got physics. We're talking about electrostatics."

"I'm off to weaponology. We're taking apart an AK-47 today."  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:06 pm
I just finished watching it.

Why can't we have a Weaponology class in my High School? This sucks. We don't even have an ROTC program.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:39 am
Requiem6661

I want that to be my major in college...... the study of weaponry. Imagine that conversation in the hallway.

Taking apart a different gun every day?

DEagle day is gonna be a short class.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:46 am
Fresnel
Requiem6661

The obnoxious hooting and hollering will make it longer. Also, dismissing the 'shooting through a tank' and all those other shitty myths will take a whole class period.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:27 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Requiem6661

The obnoxious hooting and hollering will make it longer. Also, dismissing the 'shooting through a tank' and all those other shitty myths will take a whole class period.
Yeah, probably. Taking a DEagle apart though is damn quick. My friend did it, took him under 30 seconds to field strip it, and a minute or so to put it back together. It's a damn simple weapon, you gotta give it that.

Also, every three shots, his safety jiggles on. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Xarich

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:56 pm
What time is it on?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:15 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Requiem6661

Yeah, probably. Taking a DEagle apart though is damn quick. My friend did it, took him under 30 seconds to field strip it, and a minute or so to put it back together. It's a damn simple weapon, you gotta give it that.

On his piece, not every DEagle right?
Honestly, if they all did that, that's epic fail in my book.

What if you need one more shot to take down that hopped up druggie or that Elephant wouldn't go down on the first 3?  

OberFeldwebel

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:25 pm
xd Speaking of weaponology I was arguing the history of grenades with a friend in my history class. According to weaponology the first grenades were French designed and looked/acted like the black bombs in cartoons only hand held. His constant argument was that it wasn't a grenade because it had a fuse. xd Yeah sure hand grenades just have the pin pulled, count to 10 then decide to magically explode of their own accord.

Anyway Requiem, weaponology is a good show, but it doesn't have the gunny in it. That's the reason this is mentioned. Besides not all of the GGE has the Military Channel as part of their cable package. To be honest if you have to pay like an extra $20 a month to get the military channel then it's not really worth it. The shows are good, but the variety is kind of limited so after 2 or 3 months you start to see lots of reruns.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:15 pm
@Rommel's comment about gernades: Lmao, i knew gernades had internal fuses by the second grade, at the latest lol

And i looked around and i think Lock N' Load is just a one time special on the History Channel crying The Gunny needs his own show again.  

war_junky 91

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 am
I wasn't sure what kind of fuse grenades used, but when I was a lil kid I figured it wasn't the fire cracker fuse nor was it magic that made it go off. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:31 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Requiem6661

What if you need one more shot to take down that hopped up druggie or that Elephant wouldn't go down on the first 3?
Probably just his piece. Also, I don't know if the recoil was really manageable or if he was just good, but the first time he ever shot it, he hit with about 4/8 shots (with one failure-to-fire) at 50 feet on a 1' square. That's pretty impressive, in my book.

We can't be sure if the failure was the gun's fault or not, 'cos he bought Remington ammo. It was all the gun store had.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:51 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Requiem6661

Probably just his piece. Also, I don't know if the recoil was really manageable or if he was just good, but the first time he ever shot it, he hit with about 4/8 shots (with one failure-to-fire) at 50 feet on a 1' square. That's pretty impressive, in my book.

We can't be sure if the failure was the gun's fault or not, 'cos he bought Remington ammo. It was all the gun store had.

1/2 @ 50' 1' square?
Desert Eagle?
That doesn't seem extremely bad.

Failure at what accuracy? It might, but I would really think that the Brand name ammo would be better, but then again this isn't an ideal world.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:46 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

1/2 @ 50' 1' square?
Desert Eagle?

Failure at what accuracy? It might, but I would really think that the Brand name ammo would be better, but then again this isn't an ideal world.

Nah, it was a light strike. The slide wasn't closing all the way. Both of us have had pretty shitty experience with Remington ammo, so we can't say for sure if it was the gun's fault for sticking or the ammo's fault for not providing adequate recoil force.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:17 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

1/2 @ 50' 1' square?
Desert Eagle?

Nah, it was a light strike. The slide wasn't closing all the way. Both of us have had pretty shitty experience with Remington ammo, so we can't say for sure if it was the gun's fault for sticking or the ammo's fault for not providing adequate recoil force.

Perhaps it was old ammo?
But if you hadn't tried it with any other brand it could still be the gun.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff