Twilight
  Harry Potter
  I am SWITZERLAND!
View Results

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:48 am
That would be a good discussion!
WHICH ONE WINS!!!
Was anyone a devoted Harry Potter fan until Twilight came out?
Is Harry Potter being neglected?
Me: I would reread the HP books over and over again one right after the other, but then my friend got me into Twilight and I havent picked up a HP book sinse.
But which one is better?
I know I'm posting this in a Twilight guild so most will be for Twilight...
But will any Harry Potter fans stand up???
How do you know that Twilight isnt apart of HP? HP has vampires in it. It would be a story in a story!

SO!

Twilight vs. Harry Potter.

What is your opinion?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:51 am
I am a devoted HP and Twilight fan

I got into Harry when I was in fourth grade and there were only 4 books out so I was there for the unvailing of the 5th 6th and 7th books I actually have about three copies of each except for #2, #3, #6 and # 7 I only have 2 copies of 3, and 7

As for Twilight I have been with it since day one and I have every book. I havent had to pay for any of my books actually and they are all hard cover. The same thing with Harry Potter my dad bought them at a garage sale for 15 dollars and that was 1-5 in hard cover and then my neighbor took me to the midnight premier of the 6th book and my boss gave me the 7th one so Ihavent had to pay for any of my HP books. The only twilight book I paid for was the last one and that was like 5 dollars so with those deals I actually love both series the same so I guess I'm Switzerland  

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:16 am
I'd say I'm more devoted to Twilight, though I really do enjoy Harry Potter as well!

When I finished reading the first three Twilight books, to keep me busy during the long wait for Breaking Dawn, I read the first 4 harry potter books. And I loved them...but once Breaking Dawn came out, I haven't really picked up the 5th book yet...

haha.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:59 am
Harry Potter all the way man!
I've been reading those books since I was in first grade.
Twilight is defiantly a close second, though.  

medusa56

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:12 pm
J.K. Rowling took the series way too far.

I never particularily enjoyed Harry Potter. I've seen the first three movies and read half of the first book.
It's just that I've noticed he same thing keeps on happening. Somehoe Voldemort miraculously comes back alive in every book to try to kill Harry, and Harry manages 'kill' him at the end again.

It just got over done. At one point in time you have to draw the line. Say goodbye to your characters, they had a long happy life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:20 pm
For the millionth time ppl!
STOP COMPARING HP TO TWILIGHT!
They are totally different worlds that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Evil_Dark_Kitty

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:42 pm
Before Twilight I never gave any of time to Harry Potter. Sure, I watched the movies, but I never read a book. I always thought Harry Potter was stupid. The plot wasn't that good, and so forth. Harry Potter isn't my thing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 pm
Although I enjoyed the series, Harry Potter is not well written. It never really hooked me, like twilight did. In the sense, it's really a little kid book, made it readable for kids; black and white so kids can tell who is evil, and who is good.

The only time she tried to change that was the last two books, and it was too late already. Everyone thinks Malfoy is the evil boy, Voldemort is the evil wizard. Dumbledore and Harry, and all his happy magical friends are good. Even if bad things happened to the "evil" ppl in their pasts, the majority of the readers don't care, and they'll still think they're evil.

I think HP is a little like Disney. It's only popular because this was like the first wizard book with magic and unicorns...oooooOOOOOOOoooooo......  

WineChan

The Original Syn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:17 pm
To be honest you can not compare these books. The reason is that they are both about TOTALLY different things. The real question should be who would win in a fight.....HARRY POTTER or EDWARD CULLEN.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm
tromakabukigrl
To be honest you can not compare these books. The reason is that they are both about TOTALLY different things. The real question should be who would win in a fight.....HARRY POTTER or EDWARD CULLEN.
That's a very hard question...harry obviously can't use advada kadavra...and if edward comes at him fast him off, he can snap his wand. Edward if fast, can paralyze his oponent, read his mind...and harry can use magic, and anything is possible for him because he's harry potter!!! YAY!!!

No, but I seriously hate harry.  

WineChan

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:35 pm
Its not that I'm comparing the books. I know that they are completly different...
I'm just curious to know how this discussion would go.
Me and my friends were talking about it at school and we didnt know how it would end so I brought it up here to see what everyone elses opinion was. lol

And it would be difficult to see who would win. Harry or Edward... Harry has never lost so it would go against his character... really to see who would win, it would determine what Bella was doing. If bella contributed greatly, then that would decide if Edward would win or not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:32 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Before Twilight I never gave any of time to Harry Potter. Sure, I watched the movies, but I never read a book. I always thought Harry Potter was stupid. The plot wasn't that good, and so forth. Harry Potter isn't my thing.

I feel exactly the same way.
I find the plot annoying and repetitive.
I read a couple pages to try.. but I couldn't read anymore than 3 pages in.
It didn't grab my attention and story isn't really what I'm into.
I didn't like the characters, the way it's written or how it's about "wizards".

mrstodayy

Hot_Chocolate_9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:35 pm
I love Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling. But ever since i read Twilght, i havn't thought of Harry Potter. I regret to say that Stephenie Meyers has stomped J.K. Rowling with this fictional tale of love, passion and adventure. Sorry Harry, but Bella has passed you by.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:48 pm
Hey hot chocolate, I'm glad that you're saying that.

I mean, it means a lot to me that a guy is saying they prefer the female main character of Twilight than stupid magical little boy harry potter. I'm glad to see that you are one of those rare guys who read the book, and don't believe that twilight is the most girliest book ever.

And speaking about sexism, a lot of people prefered harry potter than twilight because most guys say to me they think twilight is the most girliest book ever 'cause it had romance in it, and that they'd lose their dignity as guys. *rolls eyes* rolleyes

Harry Potter had romance in it as well, yet it's not the slightest bit "girly". I think everyone's calling twilight girly cause the main character is a girl.  

WineChan

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces