Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosalie?
  Is so goddamn annoying!
  She's just misunderstood!
  Pretty selfish . . .
  I LOVE HER
  I don't really care for her, but I don't like her either. I stand in neutral territory.
View Results

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:12 pm
I found Rosalie went through a bunch of character changes through the story.

In Twilight she hates Bella, and we don't actually know why. She comes across as a real selfish person, who really only cares for herself. Being vain is her biggest personality trait. Especially at the end, when she pretty much flat out refuses to help Bella with James, even though she knows how Edward feels about Bella.

The in New Moon we find out she was the on to tell Edward that Bella had 'died'. If you've read that little extra on Stephenie's website, we find out that it was kind of a selfish act . . . She told Edward, so he would come home because she missed him. She really didn't think about what it would do to him, why he was even so alone and depressed in the first place.

Then the pieces start falling into place during Eclipse. We find out she was within reach of everything she always wanted and had it forcefully ripped from her. Which is fairly sad. We all started understanding her a little more, why she disliked Bella and why she didn't want Bella to be changed. We find out there's a little more depth to what she was feeling towards Bella.

However, I find that she does a complete one-eighty in Breaking Dawn she turns completely selfish again, in my opinion. She basically throws Bella away in hopes that the baby will be fine. And I also noticed how extremely protective she turned! Like all of a sudden she was Bella's husband and Edward was the sister who always hated Bella. Like seriously, let the husband be with his wife! She turns very critical of Edward and Jacob, and that really does not sit well with me. Then after the baby is born, it's like she takes complete custody! I really hated how she wouldn't really let Bella near Renesmee for a long time. It's Bella's child, if she says she's going to be okay she's gonna be okay, let her hold her child! Rosalie really irritates me in that book. More than Jacob ever did.

Anyways I was really wondering, what does everyone else think of Rosalie? Do you lover, do you hate her? Does she annoy the bejesus out of you like she does me?
What is everyone's opinion? Why do you think she acts like she does?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:00 am
I hated her in all 4 books. To me she's a b*tch.

xXTwilight4LifeXx

Xin Kira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:54 pm
She was kinda b*tchy, but I really liked her and understood her after New Moon
. IDK, I really liked her. She was probably my number four fave. Jacob being first, Emmett second, and Alice third.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:21 pm
In Breaking Dawn I understand all the motives as to her character change. For me, I see Roslie thinking of Bella as a serrogate (sp?) mother, and that Renessme is her long awaitted baby.

In Eclipse I did warm upto her, but never really fell for the character. Her little speech to Bella, it had so many open possibilities of what she would do so, yeah, I never trusted the character.

To summarize, I don't like her much. I do however liker her actor.

xXserenitys-smileXx

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:24 pm
i guess im a freak who loves Rose i mean the first two books i hated her and didn't care at all about her but once Eclipse and Breaking dawn came out i liked her more. I mean yeah she was overly protective of Renesme but i liked that also cause shes the main reason as to Renessme's birth and bella changing cause she wouldn't let Edward do anything to get rid of the baby. So sorry all but i like Rose a lot  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:05 am
I think that deep down she really is a good person!  

hkkpfwg96

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:24 pm
She is undeniably selfish, but it speaks volumes that she is a vegetarian. That takes commitment, and it causes actual physical agony, like your throat is on fire, to deny yourself human blood.

In summary, yes, she has character flaws (jealousy, vanity, selfishness), but she is by no means a BAD person. She obviously wants to be good, or she wouldn't have chosen the lifestyle she did.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:22 pm
Rosalie is a selfish biotch, she only thought for herself.
I mean she wanted the damn kid, and if bella died she wouldn't care much. Though i understand that she only wanted a child to care for and such. but by becoming a vampire..which is the life she never chosen for herself; she sure wished she was Bella.
I don't like Rose.

Ish Wicky

Bitters Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:19 pm
I do like her and i think ppl just misundertand her. And in a way Rose being mean to Bella could have got her to saty away from the family and protect her from the life that Rose didn't want. But I do agree that she got a bit selfesh in Breaking Dawn.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:22 pm
X-Freiheit93-X
i guess im a freak who loves Rose i mean the first two books i hated her and didn't care at all about her but once Eclipse and Breaking dawn came out i liked her more. I mean yeah she was overly protective of Renesme but i liked that also cause shes the main reason as to Renessme's birth and bella changing cause she wouldn't let Edward do anything to get rid of the baby. So sorry all but i like Rose a lot

I am the same  

Beatbuyredd

CrashGrunny20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:14 pm
xXTwilight4LifeXx
I hated her in all 4 books. To me she's a b*tch.

I agread  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:47 am
i think shes just misunderstood!!!!!!!!!!!!  

smilygirl12

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:51 pm
WELL I don't hate her, but I don't adore her either. So I guess I don't care for her. lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 pm
she is pretty selfish but at least she had the heart to tell bella why she hates her  

gleefreak98

hugcx hvgvcvjbv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:27 pm
hkkpfwg96
I think that deep down she really is a good person!
Yea i think she is just misunderstod as said before she did tell bella why she didnt like her, and i dont think there was anything wrong with the way she acted in breaking dawn remember that edward addmited that he would have druged her to get nessie out, if rosalie had let him take out nessie what kind of book would it be?So in conclusion im not crazy about her but i dont hate her either i guess i just understsnd her. neutral  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff