Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Barrel Shroud? WTF?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 pm
I've seen a lot of references to barrel shrouds (Predator Demotivational pic?) and yet I have no idea what that joke means.

Educate me plz?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
I've seen a lot of references to barrel shrouds (Predator Demotivational pic?) and yet I have no idea what that joke means.

Educate me plz?
Someone asked this somewhere else recently. Short answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:26 pm
Uh...

...wow.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:28 pm
Well the barrel shroud is a tube of metal that goes around the barrel with a space between it, often with holes drilled in. It's there so a shooter doesn't burn his hand on a hot barrel if he's firing a lot and touches it. You may have heard when some dumbass politician wanted to include it in a list of things to ban. When asked by a news anchorman if she knew what a barrel shroud was she replied, "I do not. Is it the shoulder thing that goes up?"

Major facepalm moment. And yes, these are the people making our gun laws.

lol

crying

I'm sure someone here can put up the YouTube video. I'm too lazy to hunt for it.  

ArmasTermin

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 pm
...late by four minutes.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:01 am
ArmasTermin
Well the barrel shroud is a tube of metal that goes around the barrel with a space between it, often with holes drilled in. It's there so a shooter doesn't burn his hand on a hot barrel if he's firing a lot and touches it. You may have heard when some dumbass politician wanted to include it in a list of things to ban. When asked by a news anchorman if she knew what a barrel shroud was she replied, "I do not. Is it the shoulder thing that goes up?"

lol

crying

I'm sure someone here can put up the YouTube video. I'm too lazy to hunt for it.

You know, with my type of reasoning, these kinds of people should be flipping burgers rather than making laws.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:31 am
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

lol

crying

You know, with my type of reasoning, these kinds of people should be flipping burgers rather than making laws.
WHY NOT DO BOTH?

Most, if not all politicians have a second job. Being a senator in AZ pays only about 20k a year.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

lol

crying

WHY NOT DO BOTH?

Most, if not all politicians have a second job. Being a senator in AZ pays only about 20k a year.

Most politicians own their own businesses, or are co-owners.... cause they know by owning a business, they can file their taxes as a business. So they can write everything off as a "business Expense"

Its what i do for my expenses. biggrin Everything i do i write off as an expense for my wife and mine business.  

Crash Maniac

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 am
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

lol

crying

WHY NOT DO BOTH?

Most politicians own their own businesses, or are co-owners.... cause they know by owning a business, they can file their taxes as a business. So they can write everything off as a "business Expense"

Its what i do for my expenses. biggrin Everything i do i write off as an expense for my wife and mine business.

What kinds of things are you writing off?
Firearms and ammunition?
You probably could if you reason it as 'protection of the business'.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 am
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

lol

crying

WHY NOT DO BOTH?

Firearms and ammunition?

I can technically write off anything that i do, in relation to my business.

Lunch, If i called a client while out to lunch... its now a business lunch.
Cell Phone, I called my clients and my partners with that phone... business phone.
Used my car to get to an appointment, yep... business car. So, not only can i count the gas, as a business expense... but the car payment as well.

biggrin its swell. This year should be great for my tax return.  

Crash Maniac

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 am
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

lol

crying

WHY NOT DO BOTH?

Firearms and ammunition?

I can technically write off anything that i do, in relation to my business.

Lunch, If i called a client while out to lunch... its now a business lunch.
Cell Phone, I called my clients and my partners with that phone... business phone.
Used my car to get to an appointment, yep... business car. So, not only can i count the gas, as a business expense... but the car payment as well.

biggrin its swell. This year should be great for my tax return.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:32 pm
I love how the anchor man blatently says, "No, its not."

Hell, give him the senator position. I'm sure he's more compitent then her.  

Anima_Raptor

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:43 am
but the question is

The shoulder thing that goes up. Is that legal?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:10 am
Orkronos
but the question is

The shoulder thing that goes up. Is that legal?
I can only think of one shoulder thing which goes up.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm pretty sure it's legal.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items