Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Movies/TV/Film
Twilight Movie Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think it will be good?
  Yeah!
  Maybe....
  Nope
View Results

soupeh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:17 pm
Ok the movie is going to be released the 21st which is Friday. This is where we get to talk about. How we think it will turn out or those lucky few of us that got to see the premiere *cough* just chat about it.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:54 pm
it probably won't be that good. the movie can't possibly compare to the book.  

azi-maj

soupeh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:47 pm
The movie was good but most of the actor's expressions were weird...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:03 pm
I saw it on Saturday, & even though we all know that a movie will never compare to a book, they could have done a WAY better job on the movie as a whole. One minute, they're all "Hi, nice to meet you!" The next, it's "I love you so much!" There's a HUGE time lapse there.
My mom & best friend went to see it with me, & from what I gathered on their thoughts on the movie, it seemed like there were some key points that shouldn't have been skipped over, & they were confused on many aspects of the movie that I already knew from having read the book.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty decent movie. If they could have made it longer, they would have had the time (not to mention budget) to make it better. Still not as good as the book, but better.

VICTORIA SHOULDN'T BE BLONDE!!!

Okay, I'm done.  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

soupeh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:35 am
I forgot that Victoria was a red head until I read New Moon again this week.

It was better than what I thought it would be. I saw it on Tuesday as a premier. Oh my gosh the Edward fan girls were driving me nuts!! You should have heard them we he made his first appearance. My ears were ringing...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:38 pm
I finally saw the movie today. The acting was bad. I sensed absolutely no chemistry between the two of them, it was more awkward rather than passionate. They skipped so many scenes and Victoria was not meant to be a blonde, it just looks wrong!! I loved the scene where they were playing baseball. Over all it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it could've have been so much better.  

azi-maj

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm
azi-maj
I finally saw the movie today. The acting was bad. I sensed absolutely no chemistry between the two of them, it was more awkward rather than passionate. They skipped so many scenes and Victoria was not meant to be a blonde, it just looks wrong!! I loved the scene where they were playing baseball. Over all it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it could've have been so much better.

That's exactly how I feel too. I thought they could have chosen a better actress to play Bella. That actress is too used to being in Horror movies to be in a romance. She seemed like she was more terrified of Edward than attracted to him, which is opposite of how it was in the book.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:00 am
I thought bella actress was perfect. Edward was the one I wasn't convinced on...it took me awhile. Also, in a whole, it could have been better but for the time they had they did what they could.

I have friends that despise reading and they adored the movie. I ranted about so many things missing, like I usually do when I read the book first then see the movie, and they still don't want to read it. crying  

Jehil

azi-maj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:28 pm
FaithBlack
azi-maj

That's exactly how I feel too. I thought they could have chosen a better actress to play Bella. That actress is too used to being in Horror movies to be in a romance. She seemed like she was more terrified of Edward than attracted to him, which is opposite of how it was in the book.

yea i agree, but somehow i like how the movie Bella was more stable than the one in the book. I hate the guy who played Edward though. He did not do Edward justice. I feel they could've gotten someone way better to be Edward. What i really hate though is how all the fan girls in school say the loved the movie and that Robert Pattinson (or as they call him, "Edward") is "hot" which is wrong because he ruined Edward and in my opinion he wasn't that good looking.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 pm
i saw it!! and loved it!! whee
i admit some stuff was kinda weird and didn't follow the but! but that would be copyrighting... xDD but what i didn't like was that they took out alot of scenes that were crucial to the book and film! i just wish they would of kept some scenes in... but overall great film!! 3nodding  

Yazushika

Chatty Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Junior 100

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:42 pm
Yazushika
i admit some stuff was kinda weird and didn't follow the but! but that would be copyrighting... xDD but what i didn't like was that they took out alot of scenes that were crucial to the book and film! i just wish they would of kept some scenes in... but overall great film!! 3nodding

It's not copy writing if the author of the book plays a big role in what happens in the movie, & Stephenie Meyer had a HUGE say in what happened in the movie. She got to hand pick who played in the movie, plus, if you pay real close attention, you can even catch the scene that she's in.
For those that don't know, it's the scene where Bella & her dad are in the restaurant. Right before the waitress comes to their table, she gives a plate to another customer, & says "Here's your pie, Stephenie."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:51 pm
FaithBlack
Yazushika

It's not copy writing if the author of the book plays a big role in what happens in the movie, & Stephenie Meyer had a HUGE say in what happened in the movie. She got to hand pick who played in the movie, plus, if you pay real close attention, you can even catch the scene that she's in.
For those that don't know, it's the scene where Bella & her dad are in the restaurant. Right before the waitress comes to their table, she gives a plate to another customer, & says "Here's your pie, Stephenie."

I saw that too!! I was like she looks familiar but when I saw it a second time I like that's Meyer!! I'm thinking if she wanted the movie to turn out that way then let her. Her book, I guess her fantasy coming to life. As long as she likes it. Unlike the Eragon movie. Oh my goodness... I felt so bad for him. You could tell he wasn't too thrilled about the movie.  

soupeh

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am
soupeh
FaithBlack
Yazushika

I saw that too!! I was like she looks familiar but when I saw it a second time I like that's Meyer!! I'm thinking if she wanted the movie to turn out that way then let her. Her book, I guess her fantasy coming to life. As long as she likes it. Unlike the Eragon movie. Oh my goodness... I felt so bad for him. You could tell he wasn't too thrilled about the movie.

That's how it was with the Harry Potter movies too. J. K. Rowling only wanted to do the first book as a movie, but they ignored her wishes & made the rest of them movies too. She got her revenge by using key points from the first books (that weren't in the movie) as major points in the last book, and now they can't make the last movie unless they remake all the others.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:21 pm
FaithBlack
soupeh
FaithBlack
Yazushika

That's how it was with the Harry Potter movies too. J. K. Rowling only wanted to do the first book as a movie, but they ignored her wishes & made the rest of them movies too. She got her revenge by using key points from the first books (that weren't in the movie) as major points in the last book, and now they can't make the last movie unless they remake all the others.

that is going to totally suck for the people who only follow the movies. but i'd love to see what they do about it. i always wonder when they make these movies based off books whether they (directors,writers, and actors alike) actually read the book.  

azi-maj

FaithBlack2001
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 pm
Big Update!!!
So I was doing a search for just the word "Moon" (I wasn't looking for Twilight stuff), & I came across the MTV website, which has info on the New Moon movie they are now working on. Here's the site:
MTV site
If you don't feel like reading the site, I'll just give you the run down:
Guess what! Dakota Fanning is going to play Jane (which, in my opinion, will be awesome!) & they are considering Vanessa Hudgens or Brenda Song for Leah (Not my first choices, but whatever Stephanie thinks is best, I suppose.)
The guy playing Jacob will be the same guy from the first movie, which I think is awesome (he makes such a cute Jacob! Almost makes me wanna switch teams... Almost...), & all the other characters are the same. Yay!

The New Moon movie is set to come out sometime in Novemberish.  
Movies/TV/Film

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff