Did you enjoy the movie?
  YES.
  It was alright.
  No. It was a waste of money...
  gold!
View Results

Jellycones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:47 am
Did you like it? Or disliked it? Discuss here! (Don't scroll down if you don't want to know anything about the movie if you haven't seen it yet!)

-----------

Personally, I loved it. There were parts where I just giggled because they were so cheesy...and unrealistic looking, and just a little too...out there? I don't know. But the other, non-cheesy parts of the movie DEFINATELY made up for it. I was suprised by how much humor there actually was in the movie. One thing I'm really disappointed about is that they didn't have the blood-typing scene in the movie. To me, that was one of the main things that happened in Twilight, but oh well.... My favorite part in the movie was when they first kissed. It was so cute...and hilarious, in a way. Haha. And the ending was genious in my opinion...it seriously got me excited for New Moon (lets just hope Twilight makes enough money....which, I don't really doubt it won't). ...but I thought Vampires couldn't cry?... =/ Hmm. Okay, sorry. I'm done rambling haha.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:44 am
Im so brokenly inbetween right now......I wanted to love it so much and I tried to not get my hopes up but the atmostphere was just too hard to resist.......So I gave in. I honestly though some parts were so hilarious....and I really want to be able to lauph and think of it as a cheesy joke but I cant bring myself to do it. In all, Im dissapointed. But I think Im going to go see it again and give it another shot....maybe itll be better. To be perfectly honest I cant remember much of it....Still sort of dazed I think....  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

Sinatin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:05 am
I have to say, that I was worried about what they would incorporate from the book, and what they would alter in the movie script.

Overall, I would have to say that I absolutely loved the movie.

I thought it was wonderfully cast, expertly acted, and perfectly executed.

There were parts in the movie that I was exceptionally happy to see, and to be quite honest, how they kept important scenes such as the glen scene, in the flow of the movie.

Very true to the book, and I was not disappointed in the least.

Only thing I have to comment badly about, is the rating some critics are giving it. The bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:06 am
ninja I'm going to see the movie later this after noon... so I will give my comments eventually.  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

~Meevs~

Rainbow Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:26 pm
I think it was ok.
I was a bit disappointed with some of the acting and some of the visual effects (ex. sparkly Edward).
Some of the conversations between Edward and Bella seemed a bit more awkward than they should have been and a little too forced.
And I don't think they focused enough on the Cullen family.. Like some of the things that were funny for those who read the book wouldn't really be understood by those who havent.
I think the fight seen was amazing though.
And the little bits of humor were done pretty well.
-shrugs-
I guess I was overall a bit disappointed...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:30 pm
I LOVED IT!!!
I went in with my friends, and we were all expecting it to be TERRIBLE, but we were all pleasantly surprised. I think most of the problems I have with it have to do with it's low budget (oh, some of the acting was off, but it came across and funny and on purpose, so it's all good!)  

EvilWarlordGu

covo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:36 pm
Overall: I thought it was good and it had that unique Independent film vibe to it which I like. However, it did move faster then I thought it would through the plot so I'm definitely going to see it again so I can fully wrap my head around it and gain a more complete opinion of the movie.

Ups: The casting was good, I liked how they did sparkly Edward because it looked more real...I think if they had done anything different then it just would have looked lame. It was actually quite funny too which was nice.

Downs: One thing that did bug me a bit was Edward's character, Rob was good but the script messed up the character a little. I think there was a few spots where he was little too mean or not quite smooth enough compared to the Edward in the book.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:45 pm
OMG i screamed so many times, XD

What i liked... It stuck to the book over all, bella was goo, Edward was good, Robert did an amazing job playing him, ( i was wrong ), the music was good, Charlie was funny, Edwards expression were priceless. James was hot.

What i didnt like.... They cut out some of my favorite parts.. like when the are looking at the bottles of blood, and they kinda rearranged some parts a little.

Overall.... I am seeing Twilight, at least 5 more times. Preordering the DVD when it comes out, This movie was Gold, Amazing, Priceless, Funny, Romantic, and over all AMAZINGLY PERFECT.  

CondemnedxVampirexSoul

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:19 pm
Haha....I saw it twice last night.
That's the only advantage to working at a movie theatre. Seeing movies early!
And I loved it both times. The first time was amazing because it was...the first time. Haha. And I was with employees who were all talking loudly and giggling and stuff, so that was cool. The second time was a blast because there were about 300+ screaming fans all around me. It was sssooo much fun.
I loved it! There were a few parts where I laughed because of peoples faces, but otherwise it was AMAZING.
I'm probably going to go see it a few....or ten more times. I can't wait until it's free (after two weeks) so that I can see it all the time. Not that I don't love it enough to pay, but I also hate paying for movies when I know I can see it for free. Haha.
The day the DVD comes out and I'm going go RUNNING to the store to buy it. I can't wait.
It was amazing. heart

Oh yeah, and I was upset that the bloodtyping thing wasn't in it, either. I love that scene. Maybe it will be a deleted scene?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:35 pm
Koneko Tsukino
Haha....I saw it twice last night.
That's the only advantage to working at a movie theatre. Seeing movies early!
And I loved it both times. The first time was amazing because it was...the first time. Haha. And I was with employees who were all talking loudly and giggling and stuff, so that was cool. The second time was a blast because there were about 300+ screaming fans all around me. It was sssooo much fun.
I loved it! There were a few parts where I laughed because of peoples faces, but otherwise it was AMAZING.
I'm probably going to go see it a few....or ten more times. I can't wait until it's free (after two weeks) so that I can see it all the time. Not that I don't love it enough to pay, but I also hate paying for movies when I know I can see it for free. Haha.
The day the DVD comes out and I'm going go RUNNING to the store to buy it. I can't wait.
It was amazing. heart

Oh yeah, and I was upset that the bloodtyping thing wasn't in it, either. I love that scene. Maybe it will be a deleted scene?[/quote] That's kind of what I was thinking...maybe they'll have it on the dvd! Haha.. :]

Jellycones

Angels_can_fly2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm
User Image
I loved it! I went in there to be so disappointed, and I was more than pleasantly surprised. If I had the money, I would go see it at least two more times in the theater. =D

UPs: Great casting, awesome music, I really enjoyed the kissing scene (I was the first in the theater to squeal. haha.), and they kept to the book really well. Also, the Stephenie cameo was awesome.

DOWNs: Some of Kristen's facial expressions seemed a little off to me. Like I couldn't tell whether she was angry, or entranced by him. And Edward's lines were sometimes a little awkward. Also, Jasper was a little too stiff around Bella.

Yup. It was great! Their chemistry on screen was amazing. I really felt like they were in love. But I do wish he would have said it in the movie. =/
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:51 pm
i absolutely loved it. it was so amazing. people go in there
expecting it to be bad, i knew it was going to be awesome.

ive known for months.

Dine with the Damned

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 pm
Movie came out Yesterday.
In Puerto Rico. Haven't seen it yet. Gonna go see it next week.
I personally think it sucks...Already seen every trailer and I saw 8 mins of the movie in youtube.
And well I remember seeing the 1st trailer and thinking man this is good!
But then more and more trailers came out and I began to hate it.
I just think that its a parody now. Only actors that did good is Nikki Reed. And it hurt to say that. Cause she looks horrible as Rosalie. But she nailed being a b***h lol
And I like the the actress who did as Alice. And Victoria.
Basically they made it all wrong. The actors kinda sucked. Bella sucked. Everything was completely changed. And I know what your gonna say. They basically had time to change everything but they didn't have time to include the important stuff. They made it that way to attract more ppl. Like Bella's song. I bet they made it that way to make it seem more pretty. I mean what does that mean? That that part in the book sucked? Hell no that part in the book was amazing...emotional! I mean so many things were changed! Edward was made into a damn fool. Why would Edward say something Like "Google it"?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:02 pm
Good: It was funny. Kellan was perfect as Emmett. Esme, amazing. Alice, almost perfect. Rosalie, very good. Edward, great. Carlisle, amazing. Jasper, very good. Bella, exactly as I've always pictured her to be: Kristen Stewart.

Bad: Not. Enough. Detail! Not enough story. If any one had gone into this blind, as in watching the movie without reading the book, they wouldn't have known how much Bella and Edward are really in love. They hardly touched each other!

Good: When they did kiss it was nice.

Bad: They skipped out on so much, and so many important things. Where is the meadow scene?

Good: The They did James, Victoria, and Laurent perfectly.

Bad: Edward is not a monkey. Edward does not fly. Edward does not say, "Hold on tight, Spidermonkey."

OKay, I could rant on forever and ever, but I'm starving so I'll leave you with that. xD

Mrs Joe Trohman

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:14 pm
I liked it VERY MUCH! I think it came together nicely and even though they skipped some parts i definatly got the essence of TWILIGHT!

My only dissapointment was Rob's sparkles and i think someone else said this, he wasn't as smooth as book EDWARD. But I LOVED him still.

btw, I forced my boyfriend to see it with me and he was like, "Oh they put glittler on him and threw him in the sun and added sound effects!" lol

And Kristen did pretty good in it, but it was like she was so BORING in some parts. they only time when she had some inflection in her voice was when she was upset or angry, i'm that's good but bella to me is a little more fiesty...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff