Reply Chatterbox/Humor
I don't think I like smoking... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:31 pm
I was never any sort of a habitual smoker. I'd have a cheap drugstore cigar every once in a while. Had one last New Years, and when I finished my second novel. And I think I smoked what little I did because it gave me a time to just sit outside and see the nature and suck on something flaming that let me blow cool smoke clouds in the air. But I got these little cigar-cigarette things today (because I'm finally both 18 and employed at the same time, and it feels good to buy stuff). And I had one... and it was just hot, unpleasant smoke. And I'm thinking, "Why is it that I do this?"

Granted, I've only had crappy, cheap excuses for cigars. Swisher Sweet, Optimo, Black and Mild, and they all seem exactly the same. Not good.

So maybe I'll try a few higher-end cigars. But right now I'm thinking why bother spend money on this? I could be spending it on chocolate or bullets or video games. More enjoyment, less health hazard, right?

I do like my new Zippo, though. I've always wanted one of these things.

P.S - Nobody tell me smoking is bad for you, okay? I know, you know, we all know.

P.S.S. - is "oriental" a racial slur?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:00 am
I don't see anything wrong with oriental or Chinamen.
As to why they find it offensive I don't know. Maybe it's that politically correct s**t ******** with the language.

Anyway, did you try Backwoods? Check out the light brown or tan package if you can find it. Those are pretty good.

As with anything that's poisonous, it's fine in moderation.
Alcohol and Radiation... maybe that's the only two not including smoking.
... you could count fast food I guess.

Get a zippo. But be disappointed about the fluid now-a-days. They're using the low odor formulas now and you don't get that strong lighter fluid smell in the air when you zip one open. Also I'm paranoid. How did they make it low odor, they had to sacrifice something with it.
Maybe it's hazardous... maybe it could make you ill.

It seems to burn alright, maybe it's just the fact that it's bad because you can't smell it unless your nose is on the cotton.

I can't remember which one was better for lighting cigars.
Matches or lighters.
I think it's matches but maybe with this low odor stuff it doesn't matter.  

OberFeldwebel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:24 am
OberFeldwebel
As to why they find it offensive I don't know. Maybe it's that politically correct s**t ******** with the language.

Anyway, did you try Backwoods? Check out the light brown or tan package if you can find it. Those are pretty good.

Get a zippo. But be disappointed about the fluid now-a-days. They're using the low odor formulas now and you don't get that strong lighter fluid smell in the air when you zip one open. Also I'm paranoid. How did they make it low odor, they had to sacrifice something with it.

It seems to burn alright, maybe it's just the fact that it's bad because you can't smell it unless your nose is on the cotton.

Matches or lighters.

It's matches, i always remember the scene from Hellboy xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:54 am
If you ever come out to SoCal, tell me. My dad has a shitload of cigars and wine.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:14 am
OberFeldwebel
Oriental is the correct way to address someone of unknown Asian descent. Long ago in the wooden ship sailing days, that entire region was "The Orient", and so people who lived there were "oriental". Chinamen is acceptable if the person referred to is actually from China. Otherwise it's a slur.

Quote:
Rad-ation dun do me no hurm.

Quote:

Yeah, that old stuff was pretty much white gasoline. Used to make me nauseous with only a couple whiffs. They probably switched to a different liquid altogether. That stuff was FOUL, I'm glad they switched.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:29 am
About the lighter fluid: the manual with the lighter (when I say manual, I mean little piece of folded paper, not actually manual) it says to only use Zippo fuel, but I had gotten regular lighter fuel in a little yellow bottle because that's what was at the market and I figured, "what's the difference? They probably just want to make more money."

There is a quite noticable odor from it, though.  

ArmasTermin

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:34 pm
I remember a friend of mine getting something like what you described. Capones I think they were called? They looked like little brown cigarettes. He just said they were really bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 pm
Man of the Demoneye
I remember a friend of mine getting something like what you described. Capones I think they were called? They looked like little brown cigarettes. He just said they were really bad.

Yeah, brown cigarettes. Not the same brand I got, but basically the same stuff as is in drugstore cigars but in cigarette form.

It's not that they're really awful, they're just equally bad as all the other stuff I've had. And the smoke might be hotter and more harsh because it gets to my mouth faster.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:27 am
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel

Matches or lighters.

It's matches, i always remember the scene from Hellboy xd

Yeah, that's the scene that I was remembering but I couldn't remember which one.

Ah well that's good Fresnel.
Really? It made you nauseous? That sucks.

Yeah, those are Capones. My uncle buys them and only them.
They come in a small pack that's... I can't remember, it's either soft or a wood box.

Problems with short smokes?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm sure that by the time you get to the end you'll either be sick or gradually used to the hotter smoke.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 am
OberFeldwebel
Yeah, but keep in mind, I wasn't using a Zippo. I had one of these inside my coat, and every time I'd move it'd blast me in the face with hot zippo fluid smell.

But on a cold rifle range, that damn heater got more action than I did. It touched more boobs than I can remember. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:48 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Yeah, but keep in mind, I wasn't using a Zippo. I had one of these inside my coat, and every time I'd move it'd blast me in the face with hot zippo fluid smell.

But on a cold rifle range, that damn heater got more action than I did. It touched more boobs than I can remember. xd

Hmm, I have an idear.
Put 50 or more rounds through your rifle then use that as a warmer.

No lighter fluid stink but the delightful smell of burned gun powder.

But ultimately, the rifle will get more boob.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am
Barru
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm, I have an idear.

Unfortunately, I was playing Pit Whore. No shooting for me, but easy work scoring targets and sweet, sweet moneys.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:04 pm
SBBuckner
If you ever come out to SoCal, tell me. My dad has a shitload of cigars and wine.

And you've never told me this???

Secondly..

Zippo's are a mission equipment requirement... how else are you going to light all those fires you'll need during a zombie invasion?

C: Why spend money on things that dont do anything for you... smoking never did anything for me... Ammo however, and guns... and gear... it does alot for me. biggrin just my thoughts.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:41 pm
Crash Maniac

C: Why spend money on things that dont do anything for you... smoking never did anything for me... Ammo however, and guns... and gear... it does alot for me. biggrin just my thoughts.

Mhm, exactly my point.

For the price of three boxes of cigarettes one could get 550 rounds of .22 and shoot for an entire evening with no negative health effects.

I do love my Zippo. The design on it reminds me of a boss enemy in the old Mario RPG. Lighter:

Czar Dragon, boss of Barrel Volcano:

Okay, the resemblance isn't uncanny, but I'm calling the lighter The Czar.

It sounds cool. biggrin

And you'd be surprised how f'ing hard it is to find a revolver-themed Zippo that A) doesn't have a cowboy on it, B) doesn't have Guns n' Roses on it, or C) isn't the Smith and Wesson logo.

If any of you guys stumble upon one, let me know.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:21 am
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Hmm, I have an idear.

Unfortunately, I was playing Pit Whore. No shooting for me, but easy work scoring targets and sweet, sweet moneys.

Ah that sucks, but money is good.

Zippo was selling as a special some reproduction Zippos from WWII era. I wanted to get one but... I didn't have any money.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff