Who Hates the Twilight Movie? (spoilers) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:24 pm
Ok...why am I not surprised the movie sucked? lol
Anyways here is a topic for people who seriously can be honest about the movie and not just say the movie was perfect. For me it was basically a 2 hr trailer with nothing but fast forward all the time.
Scenes were cut...too many and emphasis on tooo many scenes were cut.
The acting from Kirsten and Rob sucked big time. He was too pissed off and Bella was so annoying!
The only part I thought was good was when Bella had to come back to charlie and "brake up" with Edward. Thats the only part where I thought they did good. Now to the ok things. Alice's acting was perf! I mean she was great. And Rosalie...omg Nikki Reed definitely captured Rosalie's bitchiness lmao.
But sometimes she was over the top but I think she did good. I loved Esme and Carslise. He's dreamy. Jasper was funny...although he looked like he was constipated most of the time but well he's new to the Cullen way of life so I can get that. All in all I give the movie 3/10.
It could've done much much better. And I think the movie sucked cause it was low budget...but then again I'm not so sure about that so sorry If I'm wrong. Ummm the director sucks. Sorry she might've done other good movies but when its about supernatural stuff she should just stick with what she was doing before. You might think I'm wrong you might not agree with me but thats just what I think. The movie had its funny parts and it just disappointed me. The other movies I'm just gonna rent them. And I really love Eclipse...thats gonna be hard to watch crying
Anyways lets see your opinions ^_^

P.S Something that really pissed me off about the damn supposed "twilight Fans" Freaking screaming everytime Edward came on. Fine what ever...so then Stephenie Meyer...Btw she crated the book!
No one absolutely no one noticed that...and you could clearly see her! Yeah I'm done ranting xp sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:40 pm
I really really really wnted to love that movie. I wanted to just leave that theartre with happy tears in my eyes. I left with tears of utter repulsion streaming down my face instead, they butchered it. Murdered. Gone. They. Ruined. It.
The " sparkling " was glittering.
The good scenes wre either ruined horrible or forgotten entirely.
There was too much of the forks kids and barely any of the Cullens.
Some of the most mandatory scenes were barely 3 minutes and so vague i forgot what we were watching.
And yet theyre making New Moon.
Pathetic.  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 pm
And I think Bella's attire for the prom was an insult to Alice!
I mean jeans? Converse? Wtf?
Yeah yeah what ever...those tiny little details is what made the characters special...what made them ->them<- Like Alice with her girlyness and all biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:54 pm
I KNOW! gosh i just wanted to get out of my seat and go fix the movie myself.  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

skiittle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:19 pm
=O!
How can you not like it?
It fallowed the book PRETTY well I guess but out side the book.
The only things I didn't like about it was there was less Alice.
More jerk out of Rosalie then there was in the book.
James freaked my out I didn't like the person who played him.
And how they cut most of the cullens out there was more to them then they had.
BESIDES THAT
I LOVE IT IT!
Mike was funny, Eric was a cool asian dude but in the book he was a loser with greasy hair. ROBERT PULLED OFF THE CROOKED SMILE PERFECTLY!
I just loved the movie. It was amazing, I don't get how any Twilight fans could not like it. I guess some parts were slow..not really though. BUT THIS IS MY OWN RATING...So, yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:29 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
And I think Bella's attire for the prom was an insult to Alice!
I mean jeans? Converse? Wtf?
Yeah yeah what ever...those tiny little details is what made the characters special...what made them ->them<- Like Alice with her girlyness and all biggrin
Let me just clear ONE thing up...haha, she wasn't wearing jeans...she was wearing legging/tights. :]

But for my post:

I loved the movie, but in no way, shape, or form was it near perfect. Everybody who has loved a book, and then it was created into a movie should know that the movie isn't going to be as nearly as great as the book. You have to be open minded....

The things I didn't like were that the movie was too quickly together...like, they didn't spend enough time on the most important parts, and it was pretty rushed in parts that needed to be lengthy. They left out alot of cute things, alot of vital things, and alot of things that made the story more clearer...but oh well, I guess that's what the book is for haha. The glittery Edward was alright at first, but the music "glittering" in the background, and how long they focused in on him kind of ruined it for me... And Edward running up trees was kind of awkward...it looked completely fake, and he looked more like a cat climbing a tree than a vampire haha. Also, Edward seemed almost unintellegent, when he's supposed to be extremely intellegent...my friend and i were laughing at some parts because he was acting almost retarded...but those are the main things I didn't like. I think the rest of the movie made up for my dislikes, hence the fact I loved the movie. In my opinion, it brought the book justice, and it was acted out well otherwise.

Jellycones

Landon Grey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:45 pm
*bows to the one who tells it like it is*

Everytime I mention the movie to my friends they are like well it was great and your just wrong. I mean really just because the book was amazing does not mean the movie will be. I agree about the acting thing and Japer reminded me of Edward scissorhands too much.

For the record I did notice Meyer in the movie and pointed it out.

I am still waiting for Alices information in the endeding it is not all Edward and Bella there.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:35 pm
Oh my gosh. Finally someone who agrees! The movie was really good! I thought of Edward and Bella as two calm people when they talk to each other. But when I heard Bella and Edward talking to each other in this movie, it was like they were siblings fighting over the bathroom this morning! They could ease down a little...
They only kissed twice; most of it the scenes were plotted on James, Victoria and Laurent. (Laurent; is surprisingly pronounced with a french-accent in it..I thought it was kind of silly at first, but once I said it..it sound kinda cool.) It doesn't capture the love between Edward and Bella, it seemed as if they were fighting all the time and this was also a comedy for me...
The funny part was when they were in the Biology room together...Rob looked hilarious when he had his hand over his mouth, and Bella sniffed her hair to see if she stinked... (Kodak Moment)

ninja mrgreen  

M e e G g y

mitsukakecat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:55 pm
dont forget the dvd peoples... they probably did do a lot more but had to cut alot for time... and you are aloud to have your opinions but i loved it and thats all i really care about smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 pm
I'm sorry you didn't like the movie.

One thing I want to say is your right, Jackson Rathborne made Jasper look constipated! lol I was saying that the WHOLE TIME! lol.  

Aqua Anjel

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:03 pm
M e e G g y
Oh my gosh. Finally someone who agrees! The movie was really good! I thought of Edward and Bella as two calm people when they talk to each other. But when I heard Bella and Edward talking to each other in this movie, it was like they were siblings fighting over the bathroom this morning! They could ease down a little...
They only kissed twice; most of it the scenes were plotted on James, Victoria and Laurent. (Laurent; is surprisingly pronounced with a french-accent in it..I thought it was kind of silly at first, but once I said it..it sound kinda cool.) It doesn't capture the love between Edward and Bella, it seemed as if they were fighting all the time and this was also a comedy for me...
The funny part was when they were in the Biology room together...Rob looked hilarious when he had his hand over his mouth, and Bella sniffed her hair to see if she stinked... (Kodak Moment)

ninja mrgreen

That part was a little over the top also but I still liked it. (the part when Rob put his hand over his mouth)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:06 pm
I think there's actually already a thread made that's like this.

Mrs Joe Trohman

WineChan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Well, I haven't seen the movie yet, but...looking at the ratings, 1.5 out of 5 stars...do you think it deserves it?

And also, looking at it from a movie perspective, was it good?

And from a movie perspective, I mean look at it like a normal movie's point, not from the book's point. Was it a good romance movie, was it a good action movie. Like, see it like you never read twilight before...was it good?

-___-

alot of people are telling me it's crap, and...well, that's why I'm not all that crazy for it... movies DO often ruin books.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:06 pm
skiittle
=O!
How can you not like it?
It fallowed the book PRETTY well I guess but out side the book.
The only things I didn't like about it was there was less Alice.
More jerk out of Rosalie then there was in the book.
James freaked my out I didn't like the person who played him.
And how they cut most of the cullens out there was more to them then they had.
BESIDES THAT
I LOVE IT IT!
Mike was funny, Eric was a cool asian dude but in the book he was a loser with greasy hair. ROBERT PULLED OFF THE CROOKED SMILE PERFECTLY!
I just loved the movie. It was amazing, I don't get how any Twilight fans could not like it. I guess some parts were slow..not really though. BUT THIS IS MY OWN RATING...So, yeah.

yeah i agree i loved the movie!!!!!!!!!!! it was really good and it followed the book pretty well. i thought it would suck but it was good!  

Lunanymph59

Revenging Mistress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:33 pm
OK. I totally thought ahead of the screaming crazy girls and went a week after it was released(Haha, smart). I went with my friend who has never read the books and she absolutely LOVED the movie.

As for me, I thought it was rushed. There were parts that I didn't know where they came from like the field trip! When was there a field trip in Twilight?!?

And then the meadow scene. I was totally looking forward to that, but I was mistaken.

And I liked Nikki Reed. She really portrayed Rosalie's hatred for Bella. And I really liked Jasper. I didn't think I would but I did. There were some parts where I totally thought the acting was crap, but there were some good parts.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff