Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your opinion
She just wants to protect Albion from repeating a tragic history
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
You don't plan all that kind of stuff and wait hundreds of years just to protect a future world; she's gotta be up to something
71%
 71%  [ 25 ]
Some other thrid option
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Ruki XXIII
Crew

Tipsy Pieslinger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:07 am
It never really occurred to me until just at the end, when Theresa said that the Spire was hers, that I have no idea what her motives are. What does she want the Tattered Spire for? Before I beat it, I thought that maybe we'd get to destroy it somehow... but she seems to have a plan.
Another thing that got me thinking was when I was playing again, this time as an evil girl instead of a good one. I saw how she changed from pale to this strange red color, mainly her hands. Then, I realized that was about the same color as Theresa's skin, and, if you've played the first game, you'd know she started out as white as anybody, as well.
Third (and I don't know if this was explained at the end of the first game, I seemed to have misplaced my copy), we don't know how exactly she came to be immortal. There is talk of the alchemist Leo Head creating an eternal youth potion, or some such. I don't think that's what she had, because she doesn't exactly look young at all, but it's a thought.

So what do you think?
Did Theresa help the Hero out because she wanted to stop Lucien from destroying the world and repeating what happened to the Old Kingdom?
Or does she have some sort of ulterior motive for doing this, to let Lucien complete the Spire and then take it for her own use?
She did grow up with bandits, after all; she's learned a thing or two about ruthlessness and the pros and cons of hurting others for personal gain.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see to know for sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:55 pm
I feel the same way!
Shes up to something and it may be good or evil..
Any ways, i hope that they will make some DLC with some clues as to why she want to have the Spire.  

Dizzy Wallin
Captain

Ruki XXIII
Crew

Tipsy Pieslinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:46 pm
The more I play and the more I pay attention to these kinds of details, the more I notice. I'm hoping this really isn't some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy, but I doubt it.

I wonder what she could be planning, though. Could she end up being the main antagonist in a future game? One that you actually get to fight, like Jack of Blades, not Lucien.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 am
Ruki XXIII
It never really occurred to me until just at the end, when Theresa said that the Spire was hers, that I have no idea what her motives are. What does she want the Tattered Spire for? Before I beat it, I thought that maybe we'd get to destroy it somehow... but she seems to have a plan.
Another thing that got me thinking was when I was playing again, this time as an evil girl instead of a good one. I saw how she changed from pale to this strange red color, mainly her hands. Then, I realized that was about the same color as Theresa's skin, and, if you've played the first game, you'd know she started out as white as anybody, as well.
Third (and I don't know if this was explained at the end of the first game, I seemed to have misplaced my copy), we don't know how exactly she came to be immortal. There is talk of the alchemist Leo Head creating an eternal youth potion, or some such. I don't think that's what she had, because she doesn't exactly look young at all, but it's a thought.

So what do you think?
Did Theresa help the Hero out because she wanted to stop Lucien from destroying the world and repeating what happened to the Old Kingdom?
Or does she have some sort of ulterior motive for doing this, to let Lucien complete the Spire and then take it for her own use?
She did grow up with bandits, after all; she's learned a thing or two about ruthlessness and the pros and cons of hurting others for personal gain.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see to know for sure.

I thought that whole "the world is now yours,but the spire is now mine." thing to be kind of...strange??

And that potion of eternal youth or whatever, is in a demon door.
I've opened all of them,so I guess that's the same one that you're talking about.

I dunno....does anyone think that they're gonna make some kind of awesome expansion for this,or maybe a 3rd game??

Sadly,I thought this game wasn't long enough...I mean, it seemed so damned short...Am I the only one who thinks this way??  

Elektric_Sugar_Pop
Crew

Fashionable Shopper

Link is JD
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:40 pm
I thought that whole "the world is now yours,but the spire is now mine." thing to be kind of...strange??

And that potion of eternal youth or whatever, is in a demon door.
I've opened all of them,so I guess that's the same one that you're talking about.

I dunno....does anyone think that they're gonna make some kind of awesome expansion for this,or maybe a 3rd game??

Sadly,I thought this game wasn't long enough...I mean, it seemed so damned short...Am I the only one who thinks this way??

Yes the game did seem short, but I know that Taresa will always be good and what is the big deal about the spire. I say she can have it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:43 pm
i think that theresa is gonna try and revive the old kingdom, or maybe restore oakvale! and btw lionhead is planning on making 3 more sequels to the fable series! so this could be a great story for the others......also, i wonder what the others will be about though, i dont think they should go any further into the future, because imagine a fable game with a western theme XD i think its good with the current time theme, or maybe theyll be prequels, or go away from the world of albion! and go to another continent!  

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MorsmordreAvadaKedavra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:09 am
Well, I just beat it like literally 10 minutes ago.

I think anything is possible right now. I think her motives currently (or until I hear otherwise) can be based upon our imaginations. Personally, I like the idea of reviving the old kingdom and her doing good. I don't want to imagine her being evil and stuff. eek that is a scary thought to me.

Anyway, I thought it a bit short. I was mad though because my husband left with my 9 year old. -_- I mean I had a world to save and stuff and he's just like "I wasted my life with you!!" all angsty. I was soooo confused in the Perfect World part, after you "die" the second time. I was like "what the crap is going on?! why am I little again?!" I thought it was pretty cool though. I hated that the dog died though! I chose sacrifice and let the people that once died come back to life. I really wanted my dog, whom I named Padfoot, to come back to life! crying There should be a way to do that. I really think so.

I think what would be cool in the next one is if you could like go up and see Hammer and the other 2 guys. Like go north and find Hammer and then go off and find the other 2. Speaking of which, I didn't like Reaver! He was a stupid jerk face!!!! And he made me look all weird and he wanted to kill people just so he could be young?!
Whatever! -_-  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 pm
MorsmordreAvadaKedavra
I hated that the dog died though! I chose sacrifice and let the people that once died come back to life. I really wanted my dog, whom I named Padfoot, to come back to life! crying There should be a way to do that. I really think so

There is a way to do so. You just choose the Love option instead of Sacrifice or Wealth.  

Ruki XXIII
Crew

Tipsy Pieslinger

MorsmordreAvadaKedavra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 pm
Ruki XXIII
MorsmordreAvadaKedavra
I hated that the dog died though! I chose sacrifice and let the people that once died come back to life. I really wanted my dog, whom I named Padfoot, to come back to life! crying There should be a way to do that. I really think so

There is a way to do so. You just choose the Love option instead of Sacrifice or Wealth.

I know that, I just wish there was a way to save the people AND get your dog back. Sacrifice AND Love, but I know you can't have both.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:42 pm
That would be why it's called "Sacrifice."  

Ruki XXIII
Crew

Tipsy Pieslinger

LOBOTOMYartist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:42 am
Theresa is definitely evil, there's no doubt in my mind. I was half expecting a boss battle with her at the end. I guess we'll have to wait until Fable 3.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 am
I think Fable II's Story is just something that is going to lead up to something bigger in Fable III.

I found it suspicious that Lucien's men knew were Hammer was at the exact time you went to find her. Then when all the heroes were in the hero circle Lucien suddenly appeared and Theresa had vanished.

I think Theresa was using you to stop Lucien from using the Spire so that she could simply walk in and take it over when all the hard work had been done.  

Razz-Berry 9
Crew

Link is JD
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:53 pm
Maybe there will be a new DLC that extends the story and lets you kill her or Destroy the spire.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm
i got no idea of what her plans might be, but that potion that Leo Head was making wasnt eternal life, it was transmogrification (sex change)
good theories though  

Nagoshi Kun

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:31 pm
First I believe Theresa had motive, but you have to remember she has the same bloodline as the Original Hero, her brother.

Now, there was a hint in the last game that if you let her live she left Albion and one night a stranger tried to take her powers away. She thought to it, he'll be destroyed. Now Focus on the older Theresa in Fable 2. Now if a Hero was to commit evil deeds they'll grow horns, or if you do good you'll get A Halo (Not the VIDEO GAME YOU FOOLS). Theresa should have had some sort of Evil or Good Aura around her. But she did not. Why Did she want the spire to herself? In a way she told me it was like as if she was Taking what was hers to begin with. Along with that, over 500 years and no way she could be alive. But Remember in the books in the Fable and the Fable 2. They spoke about a potion that would give a person infinite Life. Now In the Fable Universe, The Temple of Avo had the same thing, giving back lost youth. She could of Given to the temple of avo so many times like the hero could only do it once and that was it for that Youth Gift. But what if she had given til the Temple disappeared. And the Temple of Light was later resurrected and long forgotten their Roots 500 years ago like it had. But regardless of which, In the Books in Fable TLC, an Alchemist created a potion to regain Lost youth, and one to cause aging. he took the wrong one and died.

Now there is suppose to be some proof I wanted to know if this book was telling the truth or not. So I headed to All the Cemeteries I knew. Now its been a while since I last played Fable TLC, But I remembered a headstone well off sited from the far right in the Lynchfield. Talks about a man that spent his entire life searching for eternal Youth. This could of been the Alchemist. Meaning If I took the time to Map out Lynchfield graveyard to the New Fable 2 map (which maybe no point) It maybe that Person did Exist. Now I have read in another book in the Fable 2 universe. That spoke the very same. This time with No Tracks to be given to the source of the Lead (meaning!) No headstone to be read; it either was too old and weather worn, or The person's body is buried else where. besides that the odds of this Alchemist Existing 500 years ago could be true that Theresa had found him (dead or alive) and Had gotten it from him or grave robbed him.

In other matter of the Spire. That area is questionable even to me. I was told not to return there. But Hopefully Soon in the coming years Lionhead will come up with something better than knothole island to complete the Idea what Theresa meant when she said the world is mine but the spire is hers... She showed nothing but a plan to wield the hero to do her biddings so she can leech off the fruits of the Hero's labor. Which I could understand she could be that kind of weasel to do so. Since she was a Bandit in her younger years (bandit/Searess).

But can you blame her? She just want to be left alone. Since the day she told her Little brother She has no place here in this world and so she went far away. Now What If! Lucien found the Tattered Spire of which Theresa had Secluded herself in the first place and awoke her slumber. Animated Suspension. Lets be real, If they can survive a 100 Story Fall and show nothing but a bump on the noggin. Why can't the hero just sleep for centuries too? This brings me to the Idea that ChickenChaser(Fable) is out there in Albion right now. Waiting to be called as well to finish what he had started. Even Scythe was able to project himself regardless of his appearance he looked pretty solid to me. And what if a hero can live forever to the point of decomposition.  
Fable 2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff