Say Hello To My Little Friend... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:59 pm
User Image

His name is Sergei. He is a Black Russian Dwarf Hamster. I got him from PetSmart today. The people at PetCo were being rude to me. They wouldn't take back the mouse I bought to feed to Lilith. So I went to PetSmart across the street. They had way more animals, and a way bigger store. It was much nicer there. I looked at a few breeds, but I decided to get Sergei. I figured a Russian name would be good for a Russian hamster.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:30 pm
Squeee!!! He's adorable! blaugh  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:32 pm
Gypsy Blue
Squeee!!! He's adorable! blaugh

I know 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:33 pm
Awww 4laugh

Quadadiddle
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Aww, I'd want to cuddle him, but I'd be scared that he'd be as savage as the lovebird we found in our backyard.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:07 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Aww, I'd want to cuddle him, but I'd be scared that he'd be as savage as the lovebird we found in our backyard.

He bit my sister twice. But she was messing with him. He bit me once. It doesn't hurt, it's just unexpected.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:04 pm
He does name nice, and I'm not very partial to rodents.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:38 pm
Jameta
He does name nice, and I'm not very partial to rodents.

lol. I wasn't really either, but he is pretty cute.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:43 pm
I let Sergei run around my bed for a little while. I was petting him off and on, trying to get him used to me. He quit trying to attack me. Then I put him in a box, took him to the living room, and let him scurry around while I pet him. He doesn't attack me anymore. I can put my hand in his cage and pet him. He still tries to attack Etchenomi (my sister Ally) though. But at least he's getting used to me. I am going to try to spend more quality time with Sergei tomorrow before I go to work.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:01 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

Yeah, he would.^_^ Hamsters in general- but especially the dwarf breeds- tend to be paranoid and defensive. It's hard not to be, when you're that tiny and just about everything else in your natural environment eats you. Their instincts are usually just too big for them to overcome- I've only met one Russian Dwarf that was actually a nice critter.^_^'

Good luck with Sergie, Siofra! Hey, maybe you could build a cardboard maze and see how long it takes him to get through it?^_^ I would totally do that if I had a hamster again.  

WebenBanu

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:50 pm
My room mates and I got a hamster last month (just a genereic one) to help excite our college student lives. Unfortunately, I think the poor creature is brain dead. So it was aptly named Gir (How I love Invader Zim!). What you need to do is get Sergei a ball, then let him run loose in it. We do it daily with Gir just to watch him run into things, like walls, repeatedly. He has yet to figure out that he cannot go through these things.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:49 am
WebenBanu
Nihilistic Seraph

Yeah, he would.^_^ Hamsters in general- but especially the dwarf breeds- tend to be paranoid and defensive. It's hard not to be, when you're that tiny and just about everything else in your natural environment eats you. Their instincts are usually just too big for them to overcome- I've only met one Russian Dwarf that was actually a nice critter.^_^'

Good luck with Sergie, Siofra! Hey, maybe you could build a cardboard maze and see how long it takes him to get through it?^_^ I would totally do that if I had a hamster again.
I'm also allergic to most animals with fur, so hamster is no-go for me xp

Which I guess makes it a good thing that I really like birds. If crows weren't so messy, I'd probably have one right now

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:32 pm
Gypsy Blue
What you need to do is get Sergei a ball, then let him run loose in it. We do it daily with Gir just to watch him run into things, like walls, repeatedly. He has yet to figure out that he cannot go through these things.

He may not be quite as brain-dead as you think.^_~ I had a hamster who would ram her ball into things as hard as she could, until the plastic was flexed and the top popped off. Then she'd get out and run around the house until we realized that she was loose, and had to find her.^_^' Hamsters are escape artists.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:57 pm
AWW so cute blaugh heart  

Braeden_attwood

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:48 pm
WebenBanu
Nihilistic Seraph

The PetSmart people said dwarfs are cage territorial, so as long as you can get them out of their cages, they won't attack so much. if you try to get Sergei while he's in his cage, he'll bite you, but if you take him out, he won't bite very much.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff