Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gothic Role Models (They Do Exist!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:15 pm
So, let's say you're being ragged on for being a "Devil-worshipping vampire" and need a way to make your attacker understand you better without subjecting them to the scorpion sting of true wit. Pop culture tends to span all subcultures and could build the bridge to better unity... If you want it, that is. So let's work together to try and compile a list of Goths that better society, lead an admirable life, or are just plain uber-cool.

Any reference is a good one. Be it a popular T.v. wizz kid to your quiet but committed best friend: We need to show the brighter bits of the dark side.

I'll start!

Abby Scucio from N.C.I.S.
Raven from Teen Titans (Because superheroes can be goth too!)

Your turn!!!

((P.S. If, as a newbie to the guild, I am posting a subject too soon or this subject has already been posted by another, feel free to delete and know I'm UBER sorry!))

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:31 pm
Gothic role models? Err..I cant really think of any right now. I'll get back to you on that. ninja  

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

technicolor scenery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:50 pm
bill kaulitz? maybe  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:11 pm
I have a couple....

Anne Rice (okay, okay, not officially sees herself as goth...but she's still a good role model)

Voltaire (aka author of "what is goth" "paint it black...a goth guide to home decor"...taught me to look at life with a cow brander in hand and use it in every unappropriate manner possible! Well, okay, he didn't...but I bet he would have!)

The Adams Family (C'mon...a family that puts a positive outlook to all things morbid? SOO the positive role model!)

My sister Karen...she's a post-goth (and former Wiccan)...but she accepts all things, is understanding, and a damn good designer!

User Image  

sublime_necromancer

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:48 pm
Way to go! I honestly had a ton more in mind but the second I started to make this thread my mind went blank. Isn't that how it always goes, though? I LOVE that you mentioned The Addams Family: Reminded me of a few of my role models, lol.

Alice Cooper (HE COUNTS!!!)
The Munsters
Daria
Tim Burton (he counts too)
Johnny Depp (Mmmmm if only he'd dress goth)
Beetlejuice
Emily the Strange
Grumpy Bear
Eeyore
Edgar Allan Poe

I know some of these are more emo or only goth by a thin thread/ association... But goth IS fairly free range and open minded! Besides we need all we can get!

Fictional, real, dead, alive... We take all comers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Criss Angel even though he technically isn't goth but he does look the part quite a lot.  

NekoYasha09er

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:37 pm
I'm a rolemodel.......if you're interested in dying early and ruining your life....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:09 am
XWraith_LordX
I'm a rolemodel.......if you're interested in dying early and ruining your life....

Lol at that.
I like this thread although I can't come up with any role model now.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:29 am
SunnyHinata
Way to go! I honestly had a ton more in mind but the second I started to make this thread my mind went blank. Isn't that how it always goes, though? I LOVE that you mentioned The Addams Family: Reminded me of a few of my role models, lol.

Alice Cooper (HE COUNTS!!!)
The Munsters
Daria
Tim Burton (he counts too)
Johnny Depp (Mmmmm if only he'd dress goth)
Beetlejuice
Emily the Strange
Grumpy Bear
Eeyore

Edgar Allan Poe

I know some of these are more emo or only goth by a thin thread/ association... But goth IS fairly free range and open minded! Besides we need all we can get!

Fictional, real, dead, alive... We take all comers!

Awwww.....*snickers* And double for Grumpy Bear! He was never pleased with anything...the genuine Care Bear diva! lol!

Oooh...I forgot...

PIPPY LONG STOCKINGS! She's got the strength of a Bull! YES!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:06 am
Ruby gloom  

broken_joker

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:19 am
Vampyr Heartagram
XWraith_LordX

Lol at that.
I like this thread although I can't come up with any role model now.

Thank you! And it's fine if you can't think up one right away. Brainfarts happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:47 am
G.I. Joe (hey, with some of the other nonsensical examples posted, why not them?)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:02 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
G.I. Joe (hey, with some of the other nonsensical examples posted, why not them?)
xd

Following your lead, I'll say:

My dog.
Toki from Dethklok.
Buffy!
Charles de Gaulle.
Hamlet.

xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:07 pm
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
xd

Following your lead, I'll say:

My dog.
Toki from Dethklok.
Buffy!
Charles de Gaulle.
Hamlet.

xd

HEY! Toki Wartooth is not a goth in anyway shape or form... you leave Toki out of your world of goth... now excuse me... me and Toki are gonna go make some model aeroplanes.  

Rellik San
Crew

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:21 pm
ill just post my icons i dont care what you think about them

Emilie Autumn
Mana
Anne rice
Raven- Vampire kisses (she gets less steryotypical later in the series)
Edgar Allen Poe
Tim Burton
Bram Stroker (i am going to hurt you if you dont know who that is)
Lewis Carrol
Jhonen Vasques
Roman Dirge
Elvira (just the character not the actress)  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff