Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did you like the book or movie better?
  the movie was better, more action
  of course i liked the book better, books are always better
View Results

CannibalGerbil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:11 pm
i personally liked the movie better, please dont shoot me, sooooo much more entertaining less talking. dont get me wrong i still love the book though  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:27 pm
the book. i think cause i pictured the characters and the storyline the way i liked it. razz book = more details, movie = left out some good stuff.  

`watermelon`

curlycute6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:18 pm
im enraptured by the book. the movie left out some of my favorite parts. they totally messed up the meadow! and they cross polinated it with new moon. people wernt supposed to be killed  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 pm
CannibalGerbil
i personally liked the movie better, please dont shoot me, sooooo much more entertaining less talking. dont get me wrong i still love the book though

I understand why u liked the movie beter but i still like the book beter! like when edward sparkles you just imagen it perfect in your mind in the movie it look SO WEIRD  

Jasperismy1truelove

Ebbing Lullaby

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:11 am
oh, i hope i can see the movie .....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:51 am
I love the book as a book and I love the movie as a movie. I try not to compare.  

covo

wolfbrother82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:24 pm
no  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 pm
Jasperismy1truelove
CannibalGerbil

I understand why u liked the movie beter but i still like the book beter! like when edward sparkles you just imagen it perfect in your mind in the movie it look SO WEIRD

sweatdrop yeah..... 3nodding

OMG! I'm so glad someone else said it before I did. Alot of things freaked me out.....that were just wrong in the movie:

1. His siblings got more lines in the book then the movie.
2. Bella and Alice never get to really talk yet at the end of the movie she says ,"Alice said she saw me coming into your family," I find that weird when they never really talked.
3. The part at then end when you saw Victoria, Edward or Alice should have seen it coming.
4. When the room was tense at the house...it was basically Esme trying to get everyone to calm down and not Jasper...(my opinion...might not be yours) sweatdrop
5. Edward's room didn't have a bed....yet in the movie it did.........
6. Bella noticed him not eating....and never asked...just assumed.......
7. Carlisle should have...looked....I dunno younger....... sweatdrop
8. They made Roslie...more of a b***h.....>.>U
9.Shinny Edward messed up my day.
10. At the scene where Bella got hit by that car and Edward saved her..she never really hit her head....but when she went to the hospital....they kept saying she has a concussion.....
11.....You say the guy that played Edward....on his Jaw....you could see he just shaved.....like half the movie...
12. Most of the movie....when his eyes were suppose to be gold...you never really saw them...
13. When Bella left the hotel and looked at Edward and Alice at the counter....shouldn't either of them had smelled her or noticed that she was right there leaving...?

Okay....sorry for the rant..... heart  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CannibalGerbil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 am
Claire_Hiwatari
Jasperismy1truelove
CannibalGerbil

OMG! I'm so glad someone else said it before I did. Alot of things freaked me out.....that were just wrong in the movie:

2. Bella and Alice never get to really talk yet at the end of the movie she says ,"Alice said she saw me coming into your family," I find that weird when they never really talked.
3. The part at then end when you saw Victoria, Edward or Alice should have seen it coming.
4. When the room was tense at the house...it was basically Esme trying to get everyone to calm down and not Jasper...(my opinion...might not be yours) sweatdrop
10. At the scene where Bella got hit by that car and Edward saved her..she never really hit her head....but when she went to the hospital....they kept saying she has a concussion.....
11.....You say the guy that played Edward....on his Jaw....you could see he just shaved.....like half the movie...
12. Most of the movie....when his eyes were suppose to be gold...you never really saw them...
13. When Bella left the hotel and looked at Edward and Alice at the counter....shouldn't either of them had smelled her or noticed that she was right there leaving...?

those are some excellent points, the sparkling was extremely wierd i agree  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:21 pm
Things About The Movie That I Did/Didn't Like:

1) The dinner scene was weird when the guy came up to Bella. It was extremely creepy.

2) Kristen Stewart's voice was SO monotone. It ruined it for me.

3) I liked Jessica and her attitude, but I thought Lauren had the nasally voice. Not her.

4) FHS is really big in the movie, and in the book there is only supposed to be like, 400 kids in attendance.

5) When was there a field trip?

6) Rosalie wasn't bitchy enough. I think of her bitchier.

7) The music when Edward sparkled was stupid.

8] The meadow scene should of been longer.

9) The baseball scene was awesome. My favorite part.

10) Victoria at the prom was a nice twist. I liked it.

Revenging Mistress

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:04 pm
Claire_Hiwatari
Jasperismy1truelove
CannibalGerbil

most of your points were bugging me and I just wanted to say some stuff

for point 2
Alice said it right before she ripped James's head off and bella must have heard because she was two feet away and she wasnt in enough pain yet for her ears to be pounding
5 it was a day bed which is a couch its like that thing in titanic that rose poses on only not ornate
and the rest bugged me too lolz.

I really can't say which one I liked better because they all had their strong points. I really liked the added stuff for the movie but the book seemed kinda repetative of 'omg edward is so hot I am so happy we are together and like is my hair alright' it really bugged me because it made edward seem so fake. in my opinion  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:43 pm
No way on Earth will the movie ever be better than the book to me. The book is more descriptive and it gives freedom to imagine how things are. (ie... people, places, etc)  

La Beaute

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:53 pm
covo
I love the book as a book and I love the movie as a movie. I try not to compare.

That is an interesting way to think about it. I like it.
Keeping the two separate.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:41 am
I prefer the book than the movie. biggrin  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

NorthEastFire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:02 am
I liked both, I think in some ways the book was better and in some ways the movie was better. One thing I liked about the movie was that it didn't seem to take so long to get to anything exciting, and in the book it took her half the book just to find out he was a vampire. But the books are always more descriptive. So I'm not really sure which I liked best. There were some funny scenes they added to the movie that weren't in the book, too, like the "cat" scene. xd  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff