Reply The Official Australian Guild
What you doing with your $1,000? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:59 pm
For those who don't know, tomorrow (December 8th, 200 cool dependent children with their parents' household incomes being below a certain amount will get $1,000 from the government in the hopes of revitalizing the economy.

So for those who will be getting the $1,000; what will you be getting?

For me:
I'll be checking out game stores to see their usual Christmas discounts.
I might see if I can upgrade my graphics card and get myself another external harddrive since my current one is quite low on space.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:19 am
I'm not sure if I'm elligible, I'm in Japan at the moment but I think I'm still classified as a dependent child. I might get it, not sure. I haven't recieved any notice, but then again I wouldn't in this country.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:32 am
OMG OMG OMG thats me! I didn't know we got $1000 which state are you in surely it would only be a state wide thing. I think I'd save it... I tend to do alot of that lately and with uni I anticipate some financial difficulties in the future rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:12 pm
It's nation-wide as part of Rudd's economic stimulus package or something like that.
Check the Centrelink website to see who is eligible; skip the pensioner/etc part and check the 'Families" part.

Here's a quote for those of you who ran to your ATM machines today (like me) and were disappointed to find nothing:

Quote:
If you are entitled to a lump sum payment it will be paid to you between Monday 8 and Friday 19 December 2008. Payments are likely to be made on your normal payment day. If you believe you are entitled to a lump sum payment and have not received it by Monday, 22 December 2008 please contact Centrelink.

Darek Khort

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:40 am
Yees, I had a gander at the ATM today to try and draw me my 60,000 Yens worth. Not so. Ah well, guess I have to wait.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:44 am
I heard it on the radio this morning... but were we supposed to be getting a notice about it if we were getting it? But I dont think I am a dependant child.....  

Lai Woun
Crew

kixsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:58 am
It takes alot to be independant really. You have to have lived away from home, been in a serious relationship or worked for a certain amount of time either that or have a baby or something lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:21 pm
Hmmmm well we didnt get any moo-lah...  

Lai Woun
Crew

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:48 am
I think that giving extra money to anyone but single parents, carers, the elderly, disabled or university (only) students is an absolute waste. (I haven't checked the list of who's who on the bonus and I hope that those kind of people get extra money this year.) I know some people who are merely on youth allowance and aren't dependent... If they need money then they're meant to get educated or get a job. Unemployed people on Youth Allowance whom I know are getting that bonus (present company excluded on Gaia) is going to take their $1,000 and blow it on alcohol on New Years Eve!

Well done Rudd, you raise taxes to spend on annoying commercials to try and give a 'wake up call' to the drunken youths of Australian society. Only to give half of them a $1,000 just before New Years Eve!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:06 pm
Well thanks alot. I know my brother got the money and he is doing his HSC. My mother is disabled so even though my brother doesn't come under any of the headings you mentioned I still think he deserves something to help make my family's christmas better.  

kixsy

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm
kixsy
Well thanks alot. I know my brother got the money and he is doing his HSC. My mother is disabled so even though my brother doesn't come under any of the headings you mentioned I still think he deserves something to help make my family's christmas better.

Because your mum is under a heading of mine, I think she should have gotten the money to help herself and the family. Well done for your brother doing his HSC, not enough on Youth Allowance are... but be honest, is he the neediest person in the family? I wouldn't know your brother personally, but the one's I've mentioned above, all in similar situations... have gone out to get themselves playstations, x-boxes etc. That's how they've helped made Christmas better.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:44 pm
My brother is paying for my mothers rent with it  

kixsy

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:54 pm
kixsy
My brother is paying for my mothers rent with it

That is great! Well done to your brother! Excuse me for being a pessimistic. I guess where I come from, Hobart, those on Youth Allowance are a lot more greedy!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 am
I know some people are greedy i agree but some people need the money  

kixsy

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:26 pm
My parents got is because I'm not classed as independent, but they need it more than I do.

So in short, I wont be spending it on anything myself.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff