Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 am
Yesterday mom and dad were both out at work on Sunday. So while they were gone my mom was only suppose to be out for 4 hours. (she wasn't supopse to work but they requested if she could).
So...while she was gone me and my sister decided that we'd cook for her. (Dad was working till late so its for him too though)

Well it's been a LONG time since I last cooked to be honest. Last time was a surprise for my mom on her b-day.
While cooking the two of us (my sister and I) started to add a few of our own things here and there and in the end the meal was really really tasty! Mom liked it too. We made yellow rice and Steakhouse. ^_^ (it was in a cookbook XD)

PS: Dad got Pizza. We didn't make enough so for dinner we decided to buy out. (mom was baking and didn't have time to make dinner last night) Mom said she likes coming home to a cooked meal and wants us to do it more often (!). Dad always prefer cooked food. So, mom cooks everyday. ^_^ But in the summer me and my sister eat out just a litltle more often than we used to. Mainly b/c mom and dad have mainly been cooking vegetables more often. T______T

I hate vege's and dad's wonderful idea of growing vege's in the back in summer was TERRIBLE. So many vege grew and mom and dad cooked vege almost everyday. crying They loved it but me and my sister weren't happy with the daily meals.
Another bad thing: I think he liked it so much it might be his new hobby and he might do it again next year. *gasp of horror*

~~~~~~~~~~
Topic Discussion:

So anyways, anyone here cooks or knows how? What's your favorite thing to make?
Do prefer meat or vegetables?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 am
I enjoy cooking-although I'm a bit limited in a dorm room. My favorite dish to make is orange chicken with ramen or sweat & sour meatballs with rice. 3nodding  

0Moon_Maiden0

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:02 pm
I love to cook!

I'm not too picky about what I like to cook. Pizza is pretty fun to make.

I HATE doing instant meals. Where's the fun in them?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:26 pm
Well last year I loved out (about 1 1/2 hours away+) to University, but stayed in uni accomodation which was catered for your evening meal, so I never had to cook. This year i moved into an independant flat so I've had to learn how to cook.
Because of how quick and easy it is I usually end up doing pasta or stir-frys, and it can get repeptitive. either that or a lump of meat with chips and beans. Sometimes Pizza. XD
But my favourite meals are the 'sunday dinner' meals that I spend a bit more time on, like Shepard's pie or Toad in the Hole...anything with gravy, basically. At the moment I can't afford any new meat so I've not made any for a while sweatdrop
[i say I can't afford meat, and then i go and buy a book. go figure. this week i've been living off whatever i can find in my cupboards to try and financially recover form the christmas shopping-lol]

I've tried baking but most was a disaster. i did make a half decent 'victoria sponge' that turne dout like cheap birthday cake...still pretty nice though :3  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:33 pm
I'm curious now......I must go look up this..."Toad in the Hole" you spoke of......

Good old wiki never fails me.....

Incase anyone else wants to know....click here  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:40 pm
biggrin

yup basically sausages in a yorkshire pudding.
the problem is that you can't get a decent traditional yorkshire pudding batter-mix for one person. So I use a lighter (slightly msuhier) version.
tastes pretty darn good, especially with onion gravy :3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_cuisine

haha I didn't realise that any of thsi stuff was unusual.
they're right about 'heavy' meals and slow cook meals. Heavy is best. thick steaks, chips, potatoes, gravy, peas, stews... mmmm ^_^

And fish and chips...brilliant!

also - cornedbeef hash is great, but i can never make it as good as my mum does ^^  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:46 pm
Dornkus
I love to cook!

You can make pizza?! Can you do the flippy thing?!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:49 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I enjoy cooking-although I'm a bit limited in a dorm room. My favorite dish to make is orange chicken with ramen or sweat & sour meatballs with rice. 3nodding

The only thing I know by heart to make is rice. Mainly b/c its the main dish in every meal here. ^_^ Rice and then some toping like some kind of curry. Or even daul (<== sp wrong). I wanna learn how to make lo mein/chou mein from mom. That's another regular meal here along with fried rice. ^_^

I wanna learn something outside our regular dishes though!! My one friend is italion and makes such good meatballs. I wanna learn how to make those meatball sandwiches. They're one of my favorite meals but I onyl get them when I either buy out or they make it. crying  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:07 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I'm curious now......I must go look up this..."Toad in the Hole" you spoke of......

Good old wiki never fails me.....

Incase anyone else wants to know....click here
Thanks for the link! I was curious too.

Doesn't look bad DT! Now I wanna try it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:14 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
Dornkus
I love to cook!

Nah, it's not that kind of pizza dough. Way too sticky.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:23 pm
I love to cook

my favorite thing to cook is chicken strips XD

i also like my dads version of cooking he goes ok and a while later he has pizza xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:49 am
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Yes yes yes yes I love to cook.
Squeek. >_<
Lately, I've been experimenting with pies. The different types of crust, shapes, colors, flavors, fillings, etc. With the exception of a blue carrot and apple pie, I've been making tasty results.
Macaroni and cheese has been and probably will always be my favorite dish to make and eat. Tis' timeless and cheesy, not unlike myself.
Casseroles in general are pretty fun. I also plan on learning how to make a variety of curries.
Aw why does moonlight hate the vege? emo
I am now vegetarian so I don't cook meat but from a strictly culinary angle, if someone else is making it, I'll give tips or advice. sweatdrop

AdrianaKitten

spikeforever

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 am
....de last time i cooked i nearly burn down de house : | (ironicly it was french fries : |)
although i can cook de usual i prefer 2 pretend i cant : D  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:47 am
Dornkus
Moonlight_HuangHou
Dornkus
I love to cook!

Nah, it's not that kind of pizza dough. Way too sticky.
Actually I never thought it was sticky! ^_^ Oh! So its a different kind of pizza! That's neat!  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:48 am
Dot Hack IYOTEN
I love to cook

my favorite thing to cook is chicken strips XD

i also like my dads version of cooking he goes ok and a while later he has pizza xD
Wow! You can cook too Dot?! Chicken strips! That's another tasty thing to eat. ^_^ heart  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff