Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Back to Guilds

For fans new and old of CLAMP's crossover adventure, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Fans of the anime, manga, or both - all are welcome! 

Tags: manga, tsubasa, clamp, xxxholic, cardcaptor sakura 

Reply Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild
How were you introduced to it (READ FIRST POST!)? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who introduced you to tsubasa?
  ..i cant remember.
  family/friend(s)
  the internet.
  other.
View Results

little_kitty_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:12 pm
okay, first off, before i talk about the rules and crud, i want to say this:
you who hate repeat threads, dont delete this one. ive already asked yu mutou if i could(she said yes), and as far as i know and have seen, this thread has not been created yet.
okay, there. im done with that.
*ahem*
so yeah.
like the thing says, how were you introduced to tsubasa? you dont have to list the date or anything, just the story of how you were introduced to it, etc. that means youll can say who introduced it to you,how you got introduced, why you chose to read it, how you found out about it, anything. just tell us. however...
DONT GET OFF TOPIC HERE. the only times ill allow it and not try to kill you with words of doom, is when you put it in double parentheis. but dont start long off topic conversations. i wont tolerate that.
please, im begging you to NOT MISSPELL TOO MANY WORDS.
what im always doing(not capitalizing everything thats supposed to be capitalized, not puting apostrophes most of the time.)is okay. i dont mind that. as long as everybody can read it without difficulties.
misspelling on accident is okay too. like saying"so i couldnt go wiht my freinds to.."
but when you guys go like "l8ter sme of de grls went wit her 2.." thats just annoying.
next..
RESPECT EVERYONE!
i dont want any fights here. even though i dont see how a fight could form in this thread, its still possible. you guys can swear. i really dont mind. but just dont start yelling at each other. its stupid.
...i think that covers everything! *cuts ribbon* yay! this thread...is officially open!
-sakura
EDIT surprised kay, fine. go as off topic as you please.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:53 am
Um...I was first introduced to Tsubasa a year ago by my friend, Maddy. She's a manga and anime obsessor too. Anyway, her parents buy her lots of manga, and she spends all her money on manga, so she has like, 35+ graphic novels. My friends and I swap manga and read eachothers, so she handed me Tsubasa one and told me it was good. When I was done reading it, she handed me two and three. Both finished within a hour. I got four for my birthday from my other friend, Seb who likes manga and anime too. Then my parents bought me five and six.  

AtreeX

Salty Cat

AtreeX

Salty Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:00 am
Oh, and I let Seb borrow Tsubasa six, but he now has no idea where it is... *groan* Maddy might have it though... crying  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:35 am
I was at an anime con called TNT, November 2003. In that time, I was wondering what I would first cosplay as. (I wanted to do cosplay, but I didn't know who to cosplay as) Anyway, my friends and I were there, and suddenly, I came across with a manga with a known face on the cover... she looked like Sakura from CCS, but with a different hairdo. As I read, I understood...new mangas by CLAMP! eek It was TRC Deluxe Volume 2. I knew how to read katakana, but my friends didn't, so I told them (one of them really likes CLAMP, he got me into their works) about what I discovered. We also noticed xxxHolic volume 1 was there.

I started investigating about this new mangas, and soon found scanlations, started reading and simply loved them! mrgreen I also had found who to cosplay as! (Sakura hime, of course, with the first costume I saw in the cover of volume 2 Deluxe) And here I am, with 93 chapters read and 25 episodes seen.  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:39 pm
I just randomly walked into the store and was kinda scanning the shelves in a bored way, I didn't expect anything new. Just browsing. Then randomly there was this dark green thing in the middle of all the bright manga which looked a LOT like CCS and I was like..."huh?" I read the back and first couple of pages before I had to go...but never looked at the title.... sweatdrop

We went out of town and I went to a bookstore in the city we were in and asked the girl at the counter-who was actually a manga obsessor herself-and she not only told me the title, but took me straight to it.

Then my friend bought xxxHolic 1 & 2 and we borrowed each others...and realized...OMG...they crossover....at which point, I collected both till the point they're out now.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:32 pm
~I was exploreing the net and came across to it, you don't know excited I was tehehehe.....I was so happy when I found out that Syaoran-kun Sakura-chan were the main characters and that it was cross over of some of clamps other works~ whee  

Reika_Sayuuri

Thirteenth Cat

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:59 pm
little_kitty_chan
okay, first off, before i talk about the rules and crud, i want to say this:
you who hate repeat threads, dont delete this one. ive already asked yu mutou if i could(she said yes), and as far as i know and have seen, this thread has not been created yet.
I would never do that to an approved thread! And it's Sakura's thread after all. you know what your doing!

Moving along, I remember a thread like this on capturedwings, but I'll retell it here.
In the beginning, there was a girl named [mokona] who knew very little of magical relics called "manga". Ha ha, I'll continue normally now.

My first ever manga was Cardcaptor Sakura volume 1, a copy read dozens of times before me, available for borow at the Parkside library in my city. This could be the source of my CLAMP obsession, and my username, and so much more, but that's another story unto itself.
It had been a year or 2 maybe, since I had read that manga 9 times at least and loved every page, when I discovered manga for the second time. I was working as a volunteer at a day camp with a few friends of mine, and we had a spare moment. My friend Hamster (I love you with all my heart ham-ham!) pulled a backwards book out of her pocket. I was on her left, and I saw a green cartoon on the back of a familiar looking girl, and the words that immediately hooked me stared at me from that page.
"SAKURA AND SYAORAN RETURN!!"
Sakura and Syaoran... It was all I needed, I had to see it. I borrowed it from her for about 5 minutes and read, seeing her sprout wings, seeing Syaoran in a cape... and then I had to go back to work. The headline still hung in my mind. SAKURA AND SYAORAN...

At lunch I asked her for the title of the book. A week later I found my self at borders, for the firt time prowling the graphic novel section. I saw it almost instantly, and snatched it up, grinning broadly. My parents must have thought I was insane, as I rushed to the counter, and then home where I read every last page 3 times in one night.
In less than a week, I went from normal girl...
to a TRC junkie.

YAAAAY!! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
-mokona

winged_sakura_san (mokona)
tsubasa junkie since
July 15, 2004  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:15 am
I was introduced to Tsubasa, while i was watching TV. before Tsubasa Chronicles, CCS was on air.
Then i saw on the tv that CCS is going to be off air, and Tsubasa Chronicles will be
taking it's place whee

--- domokun --- heart --- domokun ---

[ Lady Marmalade ]

gijis02

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:15 pm
Hm... Well my friend told me about this weird "alternate reality CCS" thing that looked interesting. But when she was discribing it, it sounded kina weird, so I didn't remember it.
Well, the next time I went to the book store, there was a rack of new mana. The one that caught my eye was, none other than Tsubasa. (just face it, the covors are just cool!! heart 3nodding ) Well, I was thinking that the dude on the covor kinda looked like Syaoran from CCS (I love Sy-kun heart ), but I wasn't officialy hooked until Syaoran called out "Sakura!" I was like: eek and grabbed it. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:41 pm
[ Lady Marmalade ]
I was introduced to Tsubasa, while i was watching TV. before Tsubasa Chronicles, CCS was on air.
Then i saw on the tv that CCS is going to be off air, and Tsubasa Chronicles will be
taking it's place whee

You live in Japan then? Do you? *gasp faint*
-mokona  

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:45 pm
winged_sakura_san
[ Lady Marmalade ]
taking it's place whee

You live in Japan then? Do you? *gasp faint*
-mokona
Yeah... I also thought that she lived in Japan... well, do you? question  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:08 pm
((yes...yes, she must be!))
*clap clap clap* wow...this is a good way to learn more about people! awesome!!
*ahem* okay, my turn!
((this is gonna be a long story, and im not going to type the whole story in only two sentences, so too bad for you, lazy readers! oh ho ho ho!))

the discovery was in the year of 2004, some month after april, at teen center, but im not going to talk about that day yet. first, i have another story.

it was a normal day at teen center. usual stuff. me and nakuru-chan were researching ccs. we came across this site that had a tsubasa picture(remember, we didnt know of tsubasa yet.) in it. this picture, in fact. anyways, we saw it, but without any knowladge of tsubasa, we thought of it as a freakishly good fan art. that was in 2004. yes, it had nothing to do with the discovery, but it was like some sort of premontion, you know? :eh heh:

okay, this time for real(on the next post.)!
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Crew

little_kitty_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:49 pm
the story of my and nakuru-chans discovery of tsubasa!
okay. if i remember correctly, it was ariel(thats her real name, by the way) who discovered it first. she told nakuru-chan(in real life) at the teen center, who, naturally, told me. to put it simply, we...went insane. i remember lani was there too. we were in the woods(theres a bunch of trees behind the teen center), i think...yes, in the woods. me and nakuru-chan were all screamin our brains out...squealing, really. anyways, i felt..really floaty, to put it in sakura-chan terms.
i think it was that day, that we started our great tsubasa research. we went on the computer, as always, but we didnt go to do some ccs research. we did tsubasa research. wow...i can really remember it. we found some site with all those pictures....among them, i remember some mokona pics. me and nakuru-chan were like"...? are those kero and suppy?(of course its not!)". also, i remember this..kurogane picture. i think it was that one...that one with kurogane with the read moon in the backround...maybe. anyways, i said something that i think was really stupid of me. i said to nakuru-chan something about "who cares about that guy!" or something. i didnt care about him then, because i didnt read it yet or anything, but that still makes me really sad when i think about it. i was really impatient and wanted to see the rest of the pics, but still...
anyways, that was the very beginning of my jouney to tsubasa insanity and obsession.
i think..was it a few days later, or was it the same day? oh well. it doesnt matter. some day nakuru-chan had found the scans of 15 pages of the first manga(i hadnt read it yet at that time.). it wasnt the exactly the first 15(it skipped the colored pages, i think.). me and nakuru..we were so excited...and i was so happy.
then..it came..the day that nakuru-chan bought tsubasa. was it a monday? no...wednesday..?i cant remember. but i remember nakuru-chan taking it out of her backpack and showing it to me...i was so eager to read it, but i couldnt(nakuru-chan said i couldnt. yet.). i got to read a lot i think at lunch or something, but sometime in teen center, nakuru-chan said again, that i couldnt. then she put it in her backpack. but i really wanted to read it. i so wanted to read it, that i..i sorta...stoal it from her backpack, and started reading. nakuru noticed, but she let me in the end. when i'd almost finished it, my mom came to pick me up, i was at the "preview for xxxholic" thing. i was at the "where do you get off with calling this a treasure?! what the hell is it?!" part. but i had to go. so i packed up my things..and found out my brothers were playing in the field(theres a field and park near teen center.). that meant i could run back into the teen center and
reace the remaining pages. so i did. i remember nakuru being startled, and then laughing...and then i read the final pages, and left.
those were the days..:dream:
..!:end dream:
oh, thats right..
then, i think..over a month later, i was desparete to buy it for myself. i wanted it. but in those days, i didnt want to ask my mom and dad for one. i think i was sort of embarressed that i liked manga(im not, now!). but when my family wanted to go to this little mall thing, i asked them if i could go to barnes and noble. they said yes, but when they were almost there, they were like, "wait a second. isnt there a barnes and nobles at _________?" and so i went with them to that mall. i remember going in there, and after not finding it in the store, asking a lady in the information counter thingy if they had "tsubasa". she asked me to spell it for her. i remember being really nervous as i spelled it for her. then she said that it was in the teen section. i went there, and sure enough, there was tsubasa, volume one. i remember hugging it, and then covering it with my jacket. then i settled down to read some yugioh mangas. soon enough, my dad came to tell me that we were leaving. i put away the books, and then grabbed my jacket(that had tsubasa in it). my dad saw it, and asked about it. he asked if i bought it, and what it was. i said yes, but didnt tell him what it was. i remember going down to old navy, where the rest of my family were, and they asked what it was. i didnt tell them. eventually, though, they found out...oh well.
anyways, something thats reallyn special about tsubas(other than the fact that its by CLAMP and has kurogane in it, etc.) is that it was my first manga i'd ever bought by myself, and the first english manga i'd ever owned. i love it alot.
theres alot more to the story, but ill end up typing forever if i do. so ha. im not going to.
-sakura  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:01 am
I was introduced in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle thanks to a magazine of mangas and a friend passed the books to me ^^  

Will Yoroshi

little_kitty_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:39 pm
Will Yoroshi
I was introduced in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle thanks to a magazine of mangas and a friend passed the books to me ^^

...that was short. eek
oh well, thats okay.
-sakura  
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out