Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Pickin' a 360 Game. Halp? EDITS Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:11 pm
I want to get a 360 soon. I've got enough money now, but I need at least one gun before I get it and I'm still agonizing over which handgun. Still, it's never too early to start thinking about a first game. There's plenty of games that look great to me, but which one? Ideas
(in no particular order):

EDIT: I got a killer deal from a friend. He went off to the Army and left his 360 behind. Well while on base in Georigia he bought an Elite at a pawn shop and has little use for the one at home. So he sold it to me for $150. Included the system with 40GB hard drive, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, DOA Extreme 2, King Kong, and Perfect Dark Zero. Also two guitar peripherals, the Rock Band drums, and a controller. So the dynamic of my game choice has changed slightly... I removed at least half the games from the list.

COD 4
GTA 4
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead

Quite a list, I know. And I know I forgot some. I'm looking for something inexplicably fun. Multiplayer (especially online) would be a big plus, but isn't necessary. Replay value, however, is. For Gamecube my first game was Super Smash Bros. Melee. I got that in 2001 and in 2008 I finally quit playing Melee for good because of Brawl. That's replay value. I don't expect much to remain fun after seven years, but three-five would be great.

Feel free to suggest ones not on the list, too.

Also note that I totally missed original XBOX games. For last gen I had a PS2 and Gamecube, but never an XBOX. So feel free to suggest standard XBOX games that are good. I could probably find them cheap on Amazon (the 360 is backwards compatible, isn't it...? It better be.)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:23 pm
Throw out all but; COD 4, GTA 4, Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead.
Take a die and number off.
COD 4 is 1,
GTA 4 is 2,
Left 4 Dead is 3,
Fallout 3 is 4, 5 & 6.

Roll until you get 4 5 or 6.

xd  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:50 pm
OberFeldwebel
COD 4 is 1,
GTA 4 is 2,
Left 4 Dead is 3,
Fallout 3 is 4, 5 & 6.

xd

Lol.

I wasn't actually considering Assassin's Creed, Orange Box, Mirror's Edge, Silent Hill 5, or Too Human as first tiels, so I'm not sure why I put them up...

Fallout 3 is really that good?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:27 pm
ArmasTermin
OberFeldwebel
COD 4 is 1,
GTA 4 is 2,
Left 4 Dead is 3,
Fallout 3 is 4, 5 & 6.

xd

Lol.

I wasn't actually considering Assassin's Creed, Orange Box, Mirror's Edge, Silent Hill 5, or Too Human as first tiels, so I'm not sure why I put them up...

Fallout 3 is really that good?

I'm loving it.
Picture something better than Oblivion, with guns.
Although if you can I would suggest getting it for the PC since you can mod the crap out of it, especially when the SDK comes out.
Someone already released a S&W mod 29 addon and a 1911 addon.
And for you Beretta fans they have those too.
Oh and for the FN FAL fans, they have a mod for that too.

After playing partially through Assassin's Creed I got annoyed and stopped playing. Can't remember what I got annoyed, maybe I just got busy but honestly the game couldn't hold onto me.  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:50 pm
Screw CoD4

Get CoD5-It's CoD4 with more blood and guts (literally) and in WW2  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 pm
CoD4 and 5, Halo 3, BioShock. Best four to start with.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:20 pm
SBBuckner
Screw CoD4

True.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:31 pm
I've only played three games for 360: Halo 3, CoD4, and the Marathon: Durandal demo. Durandal was fun, but I know the level by heart, and it's absolutely free for computer, so just download it and ******** the 360. CoD4 was better than Halo, but Halo was pretty good. I played through CoD4 twice in a row in the same weekend (playing on 'Recruit' for three days almost non-stop, it should be noted). I played Halo once and then started multiplayer.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:56 am
OberFeldwebel
SBBuckner
Screw CoD4

True.

Don't forget the FLAMETHROWER

Battlefield Bad company 2 is a good game. No split screen multiplayer though. I think there is an online multiplayer though, but IDK. Only played through campaign mode.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 am
Hm I liked fable 2 it was actualy [retty fun but another good game is Ace Combat 6 thats the one im curently working on.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Barru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:25 am
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
SBBuckner
Screw CoD4

True.

Battlefield Bad company 2 is a good game. No split screen multiplayer though. I think there is an online multiplayer though, but IDK. Only played through campaign mode.

Yeah the flamethrower is super effective on the Tojos.
Waiting for PC version of Bad Company.
I'm praying. redface  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:17 pm
Barru
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
SBBuckner
Screw CoD4

True.

Yeah the flamethrower is super effective on the Tojos.
Waiting for PC version of Bad Company.
I'm praying. redface

Bad company does not have splitscreen online. And no Gears of War lovers here? The game is amazing, but the multiplayer is said to have problems, but there are patches coming.  

Teh Emo Squirrel

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:53 pm
I played about an hour of COD 4 last night... it was amazing, not so much on the story line... (i wasnt really following it, cause i was tired) But the action will keep you more than occupied. its win.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 pm
Orkronos
Hm I liked fable 2 it was actualy [retty fun but another good game is Ace Combat 6 thats the one im curently working on.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DOGFIGHT!!!
I thought you had a PS3, not a 360
Gamer Tag plz?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:13 pm
Crash Maniac
I played about an hour of COD 4 last night... it was amazing, not so much on the story line... (i wasnt really following it, cause i was tired) But the action will keep you more than occupied. its win.

Did you finally get a system or did you just get a PC?  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff