Closed RP. Invite Only.
  Okay
  Oh, poo
View Results

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:01 am
Aytthaya, Thailand

The stone crumbled beneath Yanara's iron grip, causing her to lose what little balance she had gained from her all-too-recent arrival. Her swear escaped her as a roar as she gripped at the crumbling wall again, this time, gaining the balance she needed to stand as straight as she could. Her head tipped back as another roar, this time of pain, escaped her once beautiful face.

Her mind hummed and stung with the sensation of healing as tissues and bones mended together, repairing the damage done from her entrance. She would kill Yoshi for this, should she ever find her. No one had been able to wound her like this in thousands of years, there would be no way that Yoshi would live punishment free for this sin.

Yanara's cold silver eyes dropped to the wall below her hand, her grip loosing to allow her to read the history of the stones. It was a new technique that she hadn't yet mastered, one that she had recently found freed from her bout with the one who refused to accept the disownment that Yanara had handed him. It wasn't ready for strong use, yet, but with a little practice...

She could see the people stacking the stones, joy and fatigue in their hearts as they stacked and painted. It was old, but not yet considered ancient. It had been called many things in many different languages and served as the birthplace of many rulers and many religious icons.

Just over 400 years of bliss had passed these stones before it was destroyed by a savage enemy. It had recently been re-discovered and named as a Historical Landmark and its city had been rebuilt to the east. At one time, it stood as one of the largest cities in the world. But now... in the darkness of the night...

"You stand as my newest conquered territory," Yanara said in her rough voice. She cleared her throat and winced as the cords began to stitch back together along with a large gash in her mouth. Slowly, she glanced to the tallest point of the building before her, eyeing the golden dressed statue in the front before locking on to the tumbling stones that fell from the highest point. It leaned heavily to the right, wounded by Yanara's descent, ready to collapse at any given moment, "I've already marked you."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 am
Veleth, in the form of a jungle bird he had stolen some weeks ago, watched the woman curiously as she made her way up the ruins, uttering the barbaric roars of a struck beast as she did so. His talons gripped the slippery gold surface of a status that tilted at an unnatural angle, but he was not afraid that his own meagre weight would topple it. He looked down athis own polished reflection - that of a bird, but with the telltale black eyes he had always had. No matter what he form, the eyes remained. Once they had disturbed him, but now he embraced them like he embraced all his powers. He did not know what he was, but he knew what it meant. Power.
He looked out over these ruins and inwardly smiled. Power and riches. His Lord had been correct when he sent a scouting force out into the thick jungle, searching for the legendary wealth of the long deceased people that used to dwell here. The scouts were far away now, still picking over rotting bark and meagre settlements for clues. Veleth had separated form the group and taken to the air to search for himself. If he was lucky, he would be able to secure a small fortune for his own personal use before he would need to alert the others. The Lord would be pleased with him, perhaps a promotion was in order.
But, of course, there was this young woman. Her presecense here was irritating.
He cocked his bird-head and regarded her a little more. Biding his time.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:52 am
Yanara had been taking the stairs slowly, her body still mending from the collision. Eventually, she leaned against the wall that offered railing for the stairs and allowed her eyes to flutter close and her mind to branch out. There was so much around her.

Plants
Animals
Stones
Dead Beings
Metals

A spy.

Yanara opened her eyes, their cold and demonic essence locking on to the strange bird above her. She had never seen anything like it, the birds on her own star had been large and monstrous and those of her own valley were carnivorous and black. Some legends had stated that they were once small and pleasant looking like the one that looked at her now, but that with the rise of her own kind, the birds mutated to echo a warning throughout the world.

Legends had a way of spreading lies and stupidity.

The birds had always been large. She could remember hearing tales of how some child was taken away by one, never to be seen again. She could also remember feasting on various birds from across the world, all were capable of flight.

I need to restock, she thought to herself as she hesitantly turned form the bird. She carefully took the last of the stairs and ran her hand along a metal clad statue by the doorway of the temple. The metallic garments of the statue vanished as it wrapped around her hand and slid up her arm and across her back before covering her vital areas.

She had enough, now, for a small layering of her precious armor, but the metal was malleable and could easily be damaged. She needed to consume more metals. Stronger metals. She needed anything like what she had back on her own world of Kurai, "Come out, come out, come out where ever you are!" She chanted with a light tone and a wicked laughter, "Momma wants to see her new babies."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:05 am
Veleth’s eyes widened at what he witnessed. The almost melting, snaking malleability of metal moving onto this woman as if it was alive. Clearly she was not ordinary.
His stomach leapt at the possibilities - the realisations. This woman, no, this creaturewas unlike any he had ever seen before. She was unique, a freak a daemon perhaps?
No. The only Daemon he knew of was himself. All the others were but myths and legends.
And yet here she was, this controller of metal. There was no other explanation.
Is emotions twisted in confusion. Hope perhaps? That release of loneliness of his own powers now that he saw another? Curiosity? Fear? Anger, even? He took a moment to try and collect his thoughts, mentally returning to the earliest days of hsi training.
be still. he told himself. He focused on his breath, while still keeping an eye on the woman’s actions below. Gradualy his stomach stopped churning, and his mind settled to one emotion.
Danger.
This woman was unique, and she was in territory that Veleth wished to occupy. She was a threat. She represented competition: competition for the wealth in this setting, and competition for the supernatural monopoly he thought he had total control over. He was only powerful because he knew no others had powers like his. Regardless of the nature of this woman’s power, the fact that she existed at all was a threat.
Wonder turned to jealousy, and the cold and satisfying feeling of needing a challenge. She could not be allowed to live.
His heart began to sing at the prospect of destroying such an amazing creature.

With a flap of feathers he took to the air, circling above her, gauging her reaction.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:30 am
Yanara slid into the main room of the large palace like structure. Her silver eyes watched the bird as it circled overhead like one of the Shi no Tori of her valley. This wasn't a true bird, as she had suspected when it had foolishly allowed her mind to touch it previously.

Quietly, she placed her hand on one of the many relics that stood beside her on decaying tables. The metal widened and embraced her hand like a child holding its mother for the first time, ready to please her at any cost. This was just one of the sensations that made her power so addictive to her, causing her to seek more of it as she placed her hand on another set of relics.

She could feel the presence of this world's gods on the metals, their energy telling her how displeased they were with her taking what was meant to be theirs. She shrugged the feeling aside, telling the energies in the chamber around her that if they truly wanted the items, they should have come to retrieve them when they were offered in the first place. Any god knew that if they truly wanted to safeguard their offerings, they would accept them in person rather than through a building or statue.

Yanara lifted her hand, her arm coated form fingertip to shoulder with a wide variety of metal, and waited in the shadows of the great room for the bird outside. Just a little further... almost... Perfect! Yanara extended her hand, her fingers spread, and allowed two small Spines to eject from her meager collection. The first grazed the wings of the bird's head, the second piercing its wing and curving to connect in a ring to prevent removal. Wickedly, Yanara curved her hand and jerked her wrist, summoning the newly made ring o return to her, prize and all.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:40 am
[short post >< sorry]

Veleth barely had time to realise how foolish he had been to not attack straight away when the ring grabbed him and he was yanked towards her. His genuine birdish screech of pain was quickly added to by a whole manner of screeching, playing the part of an ensnared bird while he collected his energies ready for a shapeshift. He writhed around in his grip when he was pulled to her, thrashing his head back and forth in the manner of a injured animal, while all the time studying her with his human intellect. He maintained the pretense, but meanwhile recognised his vulnerability, guarding for the moment when she would probably try to crush him.
He screeched louder and attempted to flap his wings.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:09 pm
"You think to make me a fool," Yanara told the creature as she jerked her wrist one final time to lock the ring in the stone above her head. She slowly cocked her head as she turned in a circle beneath him, silently commanding the metal to leak parts of its precious particle into its veins. She could feel the various metals in the tiny form but regarded the source as inadequate and the amounts not worth even the slimmest of Spines.

She pushed the bird's head against the stones, a layer of the metal cladding her arm seeping to coat the bird from neck to tail in a metal cocoon. Slowly, she removed her hand, the metal remaining behind to hold her new play thing in place. She wondered, briefly, how long her amusement would stay with this creature, "You are so much like my children. Possessing a form weaker than you in the name of your ultimate goal."

She leaned against the doorway with her hip and crossed her arms below her lightly clad chest, "Are there many like you? Like us?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:15 pm
Veleth struggled and felt panic creep in when the metal encased him. He found he was completely unable to move - much less turn into anything larger than himself. The metal was too tough to break. He calmed himself and concentrated, trying to pull the metal away from his skin in order to shrink into a smaller form and escape. However the metal was practically moulded to his pores, so it would be a gradual process. He winced a little as he began to try and slowly pull away from the internal metal, and fixed his black eyes on his captor. Unable to speak in this form, he instead tried to focus on communicating through his mind. He had a feeling that it would work with her.
“What are you talking about, woman?”
He projected with irritation - his mental voice was his own human voice.
”What are you?”  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 pm
"I will take that as a no," Yanara said, almost in a purr. She smiled at him, her lips bare of the rich color that had once been there, thanks to the alternating heat and moisture of the planet's atmosphere. She frowned at the thought then turned sharply away to eye the land around her new palace.

"What is this place called?" She extended her hand, the metal rich soil reacting sharply as it pulled together the minerals she desired and ejected them for her viewing. The metal escaped its dirt prison in the form of a large and slender wyrm, writhing in the unseen caress of its new master. It whined softly for her physical touch before sliding back into the whole that birthed it, leaving a smiling Yanara.

"What am I," she repeated as she laced her fingers behind her back, one hand flesh the other clad in gleaming metal. She turned back towards the bird and smiled wickedly, "I am that which will now rule this pathetic little star. I will be she that you will call 'Master.'"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:34 am
Veleth watcher her and slowly but surely teased himself free of the internal bindings. It reminded him of when he had been a child and would dip his fingers into hot wax - the initial sting was always followed by the satisfaction of peeling it off again. As she turned he pulled with more ferocity and bit down what might have been a cry out if he hadn't controlled it so. When she turned bac to him he relaxed into it one more, whittling away with as liyttle movement as possible.
He got the impression that the woman was quite insane and couldn't help but mentally scoff at her claims. Luckily his face - still that of a bird- was not exactly expressive.
He ignored her claims to be his 'master' and addressed her earlier question.
"This place? Where you stand now is Thailand. Aytthaya, to be exact."
He felt something inside is tiny prison give and he relised that he had broken free from the internal bindings. Now he remained in the casing, and even continued to pretend to struggle a little. He bided his time for the right moment.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:20 am
"You think I can't feel what you're doing?" Yanara blinked and the metal tightened, twice as much as it was before. Her wicked smile vanished into a demonic look of displeasure, "It won't take much for me to crush your tiny frame with that little spit of metal."

He smile returned but this time far more wicked, like the one that belonged on the lips of The Devil himself, "Then, once your tiny frame is crushed, I will use the metal to capture any of your essence that tries to escape and when I reclaim my metal, I will claim all of your abilities." Yanara plucked a small flower that had managed to grow between the stones of the building's outermost wall. The admired its tiny colored blossom and its thick stalk and odd leaves before lifting it into the bird-thing's full view. The flower darkened, withered, blackened, and turned to dust before the two of them.

"Curtsey of the God of Death that resided in my own Realm." She leaned in with a wicked laugh, "My sister received the abilities of the Goddess of Life, Death's betrothed and sister. Sad existence, don't you think so? There are so few of them that Gods and Devils must marry one another in order to ensure their inheritance, even marrying their own siblings! I've never been one for that sort of thing," she caressed the bird-thing's head and added, "I've always been the type of girl who sought out the strongest of a species and spread my seed with his. That way, my children and all their descendants will have my cunning, my strength, my divine right to rule, and the blood of their father to hide in until the time is best."

The metal ring that had brought the bird thing to her had nearly desolved into the blood of the thing. Even if he were able to somehow break free of her binding, she would know where he was always. She could easily harm him should he try to leave her now, "Tell my little thing, are their such examples of this planet's species? The strongest, the fastest, the most guided in the light of their gods? Are they all like you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am
Veleth let out a birdlike screech as the metal tightened. Now or never. he knew something was worng- that she was infecting him somehow, but he knew that he was just as dead if he remained here as if he tried to escape.
Better to die running.
But he did not intend to flee.
With one movement he shifted to the smallest form he could muster. he felt soem fo his skin tear as the metal had invaded it but bit down on the pain. Once he was free of the metal he shifted into his human form and clung to the rock face before her.
But he did not run.
Blood trickled down his face and arms from the patches of skin that had torn when he wrenched free of the metal but he ignored them. to his dismay he foudn he was panting slightly form the exertion. This woman was indeed powerful.
He found he was smirking. For once, someone was interesting.
His fixed his completly black eyes on her - in the from he called his - blonde hair, relatively pale skin, and the face of a young man who might have been considered sweet if his personality didn't darken the impression so.
He reagarded her steadily and then answered in his own voice - his human voice.

"There are those with skill in this planet. But none are like me."

[sorry got to go have dinner >< i'll be back soon]  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm
(( lol, that's okay. I'm used to RPs where you have to wait days for a reply ))

Yanara raised a single white brow with wicked amusement. Behind her, the metal wyrm broke the surface of the soil, offered a light humming call, then sank below the dirt again. Silent and predatory, it waited patiently for its master to call on it.

"Impressive," when he had escaped, Yanara had crossed her arms below her chest but now she relaxed them calmly. Her sharp silver eyes watched him as a demonic gleam entered their depths, "I have similar talents."

Yanara's short white bob-style hair grew and darkened to a thick raven mane as her height dropped and her features softened. Slowly, her darkening eyes closed and her wicked smile turned into one of a sweet, innocent, young girl before she opened her eyes to reveal them a soothing gray ones. Slowly, the young girl she had now become lifted her hand towards the blonde changeling and lifted an angelic voice, "Would you like to run with me?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:31 pm
Veleth repressed a start as the wyrm practically exploded out of the soil behind him, only to sink back.

You’re in too deep.

An internal voice warned him - although, as ever, he was not entirely sure if it was his own. He ignored it. He knew full well that this woman was far more powerful than even he could hope to be, and so to show weakness was death. Indeed, perhaps he was a dead man walking already. That thought excited him, and he was surprised by the morbid titillation. He had always been so secure in his abilities - arrogant even - that he had little fear. Little expectation of defeat. To come across one that could crush him into the dirt with her heel was a great experience. After all, he had always had the sense that he had lived too long anyway - that his life was not truly his, but only that which was stolen from his stillborn twin.

Fear faded away and he studied her as she changed. He wanted to know more about her and he wondered if her true form was anything like the damned creature he was underneath his human shell.

He ignored her question, believing it to be a trap or a mockery.

“What are you? You speak of this planet like you are not a resident of it.”  

dragontamer363
Crew

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:12 pm
The girl's smile faded and was replaced with an expression of immense sorrow, "Don't you want to come play with me?" The girl's eyes gleamed with a demonic light before Yanara's own, deep, voice rose form the girl's sweet lips, "Perhaps you prefer something a little older?"

The form shifted again, this time, growing taller and fuller at the hips and bust. Her hair still long, thick, and colored as a raven, the woman's gray eyes locked on the changelings's solid black ones. With a seductive smile and part of her lips, Yanara spoke in an innocent woman's voice, "I imagine that she would have looked much like this had I not taken her when I did."

Yanara turned gracefully in a full circle, "What do you think?" She winced slightly as her femur mended one last fracture, "Still not complete, but, good enough!" She reached over her head to stretch and test the muscles of this new shape and smiled in a silent victory.

"Judging by the shape you now hold, I would assume that there are Humanoids on this star as well. By that assumption, I should be able to blend in," the innocent woman form vanished sharply. Yanara's silver eyes, short white hair, and wicked sharp features stared up at him darkly, "Very well, don't you think so?"  
~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff