View Results

Chibi Forte

Original Informer

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:59 pm
Not that I'm necessarily "back", nor have I "returned" in any sense of the term. I am just feeling a bit nostalgic, and I decided that since I have a little bit of extra time on my hands...

I would initiate the typical greeting and response that normally accompanies these types of posts ("How are you?", "I'm doing fine.", etc.), but honestly, that is no longer my preferred way. Formalities bore me, so I will not indulge in them, especially in an internet manner.

Since you saw me last (or perhaps, you have never seen me before), I have partaken of many activities and have endured many life lessons. I felt I should share some with you, due to being somewhat lethargic about getting my necessary tasks done.

Since we last met...

-I was admitted into a private college in Redding, California. My GPA as of last semester was a decent 3.119. I am considering pursuing an English major with an emphasis on literature. I do not yet know how I will utilize this path choice in the future, but I imagine that due to some other factors in my life, I will end up working overseas for any variety of reasons. Teaching may be a career I decide to pursue, as my previous English professor offered to give me hands-on experience by tutoring in the Writing Center at our school when I become a sophomore. He believes that my writing style is impeccable and very clear, though I tend to disagree with that statement (however, if I may brag, a professor who is pursuing his doctorate at UC Davis told me that my style of writing is so rare that it'd be a disservice to the people of the world if I did not choose English as my major, so... make of that what you will).

-I have developed friendships with many students, but the main group that I spend time with are the Hmong students. I seemed to have fit right in with them, even though I am the sole white person among them. They have been great friends this semester, and I am hoping to spend a lot more time with them for the next four years. They have introduced me to cuisine that I never knew existed, as well as the finest Asian noodles I have ever tasted (MAMA noodles from Thailand are THE definitive noodles, end of discussion). They are indeed true friends, and they will stick by you through anything.

-I believe I have nearly fallen in love with the most adorable, cutest curly-haired blond girl I have ever met. As of right now, we are good friends, nothing more. I would like to pursue a relationship with her, however, and see if we would be a good match for each other. She's a fantastic singer, a great writer with a love of Lord of the Rings and other fantasy novels, a better gamer than I in many respects (I was thorougly trounced in Mario Kart Wii and given a run for my money in Brawl), and just a helpful friend who has helped me through hard times. She is simply amazing.

-This is trivial, but I have fostered a deep appreciation for the Kamen Rider TV show. It is an amazing tokusatsu program, and I am simply amazed at what the creators have done with something that is essentially a children's superhero show. The stories are great, the fight scenes are pretty good for tokusatsu standards, and the music is absolutely fantastic. Also, Kamen Rider IXA is unbelievably cool. You need to watch Kamen Rider.

-If I could state just a few things briefly:
>I've cosplayed.
>I've made midnight runs to Wal-Mart several times within the time span of two weeks.
>I sang a hymn in the Hmong language, which I cannot understand, in front of a congregation of about 200 non-English-speaking adults.
>I have traveled to Yuba City, Marysville, Stockton, Merced, and various other locations around Northern and Central California.
>I purchased a toy version of the Kamen Rider IXA belt, and have photograph evidence of me posing like a Kamen Rider.
>I spend most of my time on Facebook, so if you can find me, add me.
>I have not completed any video games within the last four months.

-More to come later...

And that is everything I feel like writing at the moment. Yes, it is lengthy, but what do you expect from an English major? I mean, honestly?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:19 pm
Good to see you've been productive, Forte. ^^

Got a lot on your plate it seems.

Oh.. and Wal-mart is the best. biggrin It's like the cool kid hang out in my crap town. xd

btw.. *must google Hmong*

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Rabid Bagel Boy Thing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:33 pm
You sure you're not meant to be a Journalism major?

Just yesterday, we joked with this friend about her habit of writing really really long responses when she could've put it in one sentence..
& then I said, "Its because you're a Journalism major..you feel compelled to write a lot and make it fancy! Normal English majors aren't like that...we just enjoy simplicity."

Haha.
It was all a joke of course but now.. I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:36 pm
Rabid Bagel Boy Thing
You sure you're not meant to be a Journalism major?

Just yesterday, we joked with this friend about her habit of writing really really long responses when she could've put it in one sentence..
& then I said, "Its because you're a Journalism major..you feel compelled to write a lot and make it fancy! Normal English majors aren't like that...we just enjoy simplicity."

Haha.
It was all a joke of course but now.. I'm not so sure.
I think you've caught onto something, Jenny...

maybe we should investigate!

Siberian Giant

E spiritus Halloween

Dapper Capitalist

14,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 pm
Oh you crazy English major types with your excessive writing, wearing your monocles, eating English muffins, complaining about other writer's works, going on rants and what have you. Just kidding, I know your not a "weird English major" kind of person.

All joking aside, I'm glad to hear your doing well and have made some great new friends.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:33 pm
I like english muffins...  

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
Vice Captain

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

debijay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:13 pm
i just wanna bring you down so badly
i trip over everything you say
i just wanna bring you down so badly
in the worst way

-crossed off english as a possible major-

wow forte, sounds like you got a lot going on. or well, the length of this makes it seem so xD

my friend is thai and her dad has this restaurant where i can eat free <3 thai food is awesome!!!

girls and video games, what a combo x3

and i didnt even know that wal mart is open during midnight O.O

im gonna make damn sure
that you cant ever leave
no you wont ever get too far from me
you wont ever get too far from me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am
@Mongoose: Trust me, there's more on this plate than I've mentioned. I didn't even get into my current job or classes, nor did I get into the romantic and tragic drama that's occured. Perhaps I should elaborate on some more things?

The Hmong people, from what I gather, are an Asian group without a home country. In America, they are primarily found in California, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Much can, and has, been said about them, but I simply describe them as loyal and friendly, nothing more or less. I am also friends with a Chinese guy, whose name is Jason, a half-white/half-Korean guy from Thailand named Kyle, and a nice girl from Korea named Sanga. So I've been getting a huge Asian influence, and it's been really enjoyable.

@RBBT: Perhaps so. I am more skilled at the technical aspects of English, though I'm hardly skilled enough to be an editor of any sort. The funny thing is, the girl I mentioned is the Journalism major, and yet she writes artistic stories and poetry better than I, the literature-leaning one, while I am more skilled at correcting her grammar and punctuation. It is as if we have each other's careers or something.

@E spiritus Halloween: I do write excessively. I would love to wear a monocle. I enjoy English muffins. I do complain about other writers, and I do rant a bit. I am definitely one of those weird English major people.

But it's fun, and I have no reason to complain. Everybody else does, certainly, but I'm also the one that corrects their papers and advises them on what to write about, so they really have no reason to complain, either.

@debijay: It is a good major. I am an English major in spirit, but not yet in writing (however, that will be taken care of as soon as I am back at the campus). Trust me, the length of that first post could have gone on longer, but I decided to spare everybody for the sake of... something or other.

Thai food is fantastic. That's the only downside to having only one friend from Thailand. But I do get plenty of the noodles, as I buy them by the box and all.

What a combo, indeed. She actually knew how to make her way through the first level in Super Mario Bros., which is a task that not even my gaming friend Jacob knew how to accomplish for some bizarre reason. I can't wait to start trying to get her into RPGs...

I think our Wal-Mart is open till at least 1:00AM, or perhaps even later. I've even walked down there at midnight before, which was a good stretch of the legs. It's a nice and safe town for the most part. Everybody needs to visit!

Chibi Forte

Original Informer

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:02 am
Forte, my friend!! You've found a good crowd to stick with. ^^
Random Trivia: The hmong were featured in the movie, Gran Turino. (decent movie btw but you need to watch it with a grain of salt. There are parts that are extremely exaggerated albeit delusional)

Kamen Rider is spiffy, Cosplay double spiffy, asian influence ftw XD
Mmm English major.. what kind of profession would you pursue with that in the future?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm
'Lo, Forte. -Wave-
I don't have anything to say other than that, really. I haven't been around in awhile so I missed you guys. Glad you're doing well! =D

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

M i n a k o
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:37 pm
Wow.
Sorry but that's just way too much for me to read today. I've been overly impatient with every little thing all week xD.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 pm
Chibi Forte
@Mongoose: Trust me, there's more on this plate than I've mentioned. I didn't even get into my current job or classes, nor did I get into the romantic and tragic drama that's occured. Perhaps I should elaborate on some more things?

The Hmong people, from what I gather, are an Asian group without a home country. In America, they are primarily found in California, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Much can, and has, been said about them, but I simply describe them as loyal and friendly, nothing more or less. I am also friends with a Chinese guy, whose name is Jason, a half-white/half-Korean guy from Thailand named Kyle, and a nice girl from Korea named Sanga. So I've been getting a huge Asian influence, and it's been really enjoyable.
I've been doing my best to avoid unnecessary drama... and take my advice. You should too. It's so annoying and bothersome.
I find it odd how they congregate in those areas... I don't know if it's coincidence or they just think "well, others are there so let's go!" Strange. ^^
At my university, I don't know any Asian people aside from my Japanese professor... which is pretty odd since there were quite a few in my high school.

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

prime00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:24 pm
i didnt read most (all) of what u wrote. im sorry my attention span is really short. i just wanted to say hi and.... cheese. cheese is the greatest. especially cheesecake. mmmmmmmm cheesecake.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:59 pm
Forte, my good chap, how delightful to see you again.

I am so heartened to hear that you are doing well, and that your studies are--

Oh crap, I can't do it.

*Tackleglomps*

OH MY GAWD, I MISSED YOU! WHO ELSE WILL TALK ABOUT MEGAMAN WITH ME?! D;  

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Married 100

[Vertically.Challenged]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:56 am
I'm not gonna lie and say I read ALL of that wall of text...[sorry...extremely lazy sick girl here...T-T]

but its good to hear from you Forte! =D

hahahaha. that girl kind of sounds cool :] [is saying that cause she sounds similar to me...XD] hope you guys get together and stuff =D  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games