Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanging around in graveyards:
  Stereo-typical
  Nice
View Results

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:10 am
So what do you think, is hanging around in graveyards stereotypical or are they just nice places to be? and if so, why?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:07 am
I see no reason to spend time in a graveyard. A graveyard is, essentially, just a park... with gravestones. I would rather just go to a nice public park where I won't get accused of trespassing or glared at by a "You can be here, but you shouldn't be here" guard.  

GilAskan
Crew

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:22 pm
Cant say if its nice or not, since i never tried it....but ive heard that it should be a nice place to hang out so.....yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:20 pm
I hang around graveyards sometimes, though if I do I'm always alone. I admire the craftsmanship that goes into tombstones, especially the older ones. I don't see anything particularly "Goff" about that, but there aren't many goths around here, Mallcore or otherwise who sit sulking on benches and spouting angsty poetry to give cemetaries a reputation. I suppose I'd have to agree with GilAskan about how similar the alternatives are, though. I would much rather laze around in the backyard or the playground near my house for everyday outdoor excursions.  

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:24 pm
Honestly I find all these kids hanging around in the graveyards, stomping around on the graves, sitting on or messing with the gravestones and all that whatnot very disrespectful. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:32 pm
Blackrose Kaire
Honestly I find all these kids hanging around in the graveyards, stomping around on the graves and sitting on or messing with the gravestones and all that whatnot very disrespectful. sad

Indeed. I may not fully understand the reaches of "Respect for the dead", but HxC kids making a resting place into a hotspot sounds fairly objectionable.  

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:01 pm
i like to go to the really old ones when i visit old cities, and walk around and looks the stones. it's peaceful.
but i wouldn't "hang out" in a graveyard. or go to one to look cool. maybe just look around if it's something of interest, or if it's a "landmark" etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:22 pm
I like them, though it has been sometime since I visited one for the purpose of just hanging out there. I have to say I find them very peaceful, I used to go there alone to think. I always respected the graves, tied to never walk on one and didn't sit on the grave stone I would sit by a grave but not on it. You know sit on the bricks surrounding the plots or something. I see it as simply paying homage to those who came before me, kinda visiting those who are not with us any longer.  

Icy-Determination_020

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:50 pm
The War on Indifference
Blackrose Kaire
Honestly I find all these kids hanging around in the graveyards, stomping around on the graves and sitting on or messing with the gravestones and all that whatnot very disrespectful. sad

Indeed. I may not fully understand the reaches of "Respect for the dead", but HxC kids making a resting place into a hotspot sounds fairly objectionable.

it use to be common place for mundanes to have picnics in graveyards to be with the dead so why cant goths go there to do the same and just admire the beauty and atmosphere of the place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:32 pm
I like going into graveyards and finding the oldest dead person I can, but I wouldn't really hang out in one. Unless I happen to be strolling through one with a friend and happen to find a nice grassy area that felt nice to stop and sit at, but that would be more accidental then intentional.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:27 pm
I just like looking at all the people's last names and wonder where they're from, see how old people were when they died, and admire the workmanship on the tombstones and statues. That's about it.

It's not really a place that you want to turn into a social gathering hotspot. I'm not completely without respect and...whatever the other word is...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm
AEtherclaw
The War on Indifference
Blackrose Kaire

it use to be common place for mundanes to have picnics in graveyards to be with the dead so why cant goths go there to do the same and just admire the beauty and atmosphere of the place.
I wasn't just referring to just goths. smile There's a difference between going there out of respect, and going there to make it a playground, a hangout, or simply because someone thinks it makes them cool. surprised  

Awesome Akwardness

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:39 pm
I admit that they do seem pretty nice, given that they're more quiet than most other places; may be a good meditation or reading/writing spot (but only for marathon sessions. I can't imagine spending time and effort to get to my nearest cemetery just to read one chapter or write one page).
But I dunno about going with friends to one. Not much to do in a group for being at a graveyard.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:13 pm
Even if did want to go to one there is no point here, they have no trees and the grass is scorched, I am happy with the parks.  

Shadowed Intent

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces