Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
New gun aftermarket headache thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Charley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:06 am
So, with over a year of the Walther PPS being on the market, I'm still waiting on the aftermarket to play catch-up. Fortunately Blade-Tech has finally come out with a ITW kydex holster specifically for the pistol, so I can shitcan the Desantis Stealth I've been using for that purpose. This is all reminding me of how much of a pain in the a** it was for me to wait on gear for Springfield XD's to hit the market, and I figured it might be a good idea to make a thread to pool any potential hits on new aftermarket for some of the newer guns out there. After seeing that new XD series, it seems doubly relevant, so feel free to dump any new aftermarket links in here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:15 am
Oh, you have a PPS? I've been drooling over that recently. How do you like it?

'Course, it's probably gonna be another year and a half before I can buy one, but...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Charley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:06 am
Fresnel

'Course, it's probably gonna be another year and a half before I can buy one, but...

From my experience, its my favorite concealer automatic I've ever tried. The only real downsides are a small-ish mag capacity and no real aftermarket, but it's tough as hell, easy to break down, incredibly comfortable and on the mark for being so small. It's about as thick as two video iPods if that tells you something.

Wonderful purchase.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:09 pm
Charley
Fresnel

From my experience, its my favorite concealer automatic I've ever tried. The only real downsides are a small-ish mag capacity and no real aftermarket, but it's tough as hell, easy to break down, incredibly comfortable and on the mark for being so small. It's about as thick as two video iPods if that tells you something.

Wonderful purchase.
With any luck, I'll be able to SHOOT the damn thing, too. Meh, pipe dreams. I have got to have someone beat pistol shooting into me some day.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:35 pm
Fresnel
Charley
Fresnel

Wonderful purchase.
With any luck, I'll be able to SHOOT the damn thing, too. Meh, pipe dreams. I have got to have someone beat pistol shooting into me some day.

I could say the same for rifles, I can't hit jack beyond 50yards. crying

Charley, are you looking for something particular, or just post after market parts for whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:14 pm
Freak_090
Fresnel
Charley
Fresnel

Wonderful purchase.

Charley, are you looking for something particular, or just post after market parts for whatever.
Perhaps it's worse that I can hit a man-sized target at 600 yards with a rifle, but I can't hit a man-sized target at 25 feet with a pistol.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:34 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Charley
Fresnel

Wonderful purchase.

Perhaps it's worse that I can hit a man-sized target at 600 yards with a rifle, but I can't hit a man-sized target at 25 feet with a pistol.

Do you have weak wrists? What types and calibers have you been shooting?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 pm
I'm trying to find parts for my Cetme right now.  

Inquisitor Brock

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:13 pm
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Charley
Fresnel

Wonderful purchase.

Do you have weak wrists? What types and calibers have you been shooting?
I've shot a Star Firestar (1911-style subcompact in 9mm), a Glock 19, a Browning Buckmark, and a couple nondescript .22 revolvers. The Buckmark was scoped though, so I was actually pretty good with it. Personally, I think I'm jerking the trigger like a madman on steroids, but I can't prove it, nor can I stop. My mom owns a .40 and two .45's, and my dad owns a .357, but I don't think I'll get to shoot those any time soon. Also, the .45s are a subcompact Star PD and a collectible Springfield, so I'm scared to shoot one and the other one is still in mint condition.

I gotta break out this sucker some day.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:59 pm
Freak_090

Well, I imagined the thread as a catch-all for people looking for scarce aftermarket, preferably for newer guns but it could even be scarce stuff for older gear like the aforementioned CETME. Me personally, I've scoured Hell's half acre for some tritium to top my PPS but that just isn't happening any time soon.  

Charley

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:44 am
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Charley
Fresnel

Wonderful purchase.

When i move to AZ we'll work on that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:13 pm
Charley
Freak_090

Well, I imagined the thread as a catch-all for people looking for scarce aftermarket, preferably for newer guns but it could even be scarce stuff for older gear like the aforementioned CETME. Me personally, I've scoured Hell's half acre for some tritium to top my PPS but that just isn't happening any time soon.
Does ANYONE AT ALL make ANYTHING AT ALL for the CZ-52 other than Hogue? (they make plastic, metal, and wood grips for the CZ and practically everything else) I'm mostly interested in new machined firing pins. Or CHEAP older pins. They are prone to breakage, especially during dry firing (I use the decocker, anyway, but it always helps to have a spare), and having either a new machined pin or several old ones that don't cost and arm will help greatly. And yes, I know how to replace it. It's harder to get back in than out.  

uryu ishida

Charley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:38 pm
CZ USA doesn't maintain aftermarket for them? That's kinda weird.

I know they contract their magazines through Mec-Gar but I don't know if they do other stuff like pins and such. Tried them?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:53 pm
Charley as a desert rat? I have a difficult time picturing that.  

I am an eggplant
Crew

Charley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:03 pm
SierraBT
Charley as a desert rat? I have a difficult time picturing that.

Russian VDV actually  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces