Hey!
View Results

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Aries - In mythology, Aries is often associated with the Greek myth of the ram which carried Athamus' son Phrixus and daughter Helle to Colchis to escape their stepmother Ino, as well as the mythological figure of Theseus, from the Greek myth of the Minotaur.

The astrological symbol for Aries is said to represent the head and horns of the ram, and originates from the cluster of stars which constitute the head of the Aries (constellation), according to the work of Doctor Acacandam dating from 1592. The head of Aries is given the name of Aluathay or Salhay, and it consists of four stars.

Taurus - In mythology Taurus is often associated with the Greek myth of the bull-form taken by Zeus in order to win Europa. Taurus is also associated with the Greco-Roman goddess Aphrodite/Venus and sometimes also the goddesses Hera/Juno, Ishtar, Isis, Freyja, and Frigg and the gods Pan, Dionysus/Bacchus, Xolotl, and Quetzalcoatl. The astrological symbol for Taurus represents the head and horns of the bull.

Gemini - Gemini is associated with the Greek myth of Castor (or Kastor) and Pollux and with the Greco-Roman god Hermes/Mercury. Gemini is sometimes associated with the norse gods Loki, Freyr, and Freyja, the Slavic deity Veles, and Greek god Asklepios/Aesculapius, the goddesses Eris/Discordia, the goddess H ebe, and goddess Ate. Being twins, Gemini can also be associated with the Greek twins Apollo and Artemis.

Cancer - In mythology Cancer is often associated with the Greek myth of the Lernaean Hydra, one of The Twelve Labours of Hercules and the mythical figure of Perseus, where Hercules completes all of his tasks, or labours

Leo - Leo is a symbol for the Nemean Lion that was slain by Heracles (Hercules). Zeus raised the lion to the stars in honor of Hercules.

In mythology Leo is associated with the Greco-Roman god Apollo and sometimes also the gods Helios/Sol, Ra, and Huitzilopochtli and the goddess Sunna.

The astrological symbol or glyph for Leo represents the head and mane of the lion.

Virgo -According to one interpretation, the Virgo constellation depicts Astraea, the virgin daughter of the god Zeus and the goddess Themis. Astraea was known as the goddess of justice, and was identified as this constellation due to the presence of the scales of justice (Libra) nearby, and supposedly ruled the world with her wise ways until mankind became so callous that she returned to the skies, disgusted. Virgo is also identified with Persephone, daughter of Demeter (goddess of agriculture and guardian of marriage). Persephone was the goddess of innocence and purity, then later on became the Queen of the Underworld, when she was abruptly snatched away by Hades.

Another possible myth is one about Asclepius the god of medicine and healing in ancient Greek mythology. He was the son of Apollo and Coronis. His mother was killed for being unfaithful to Apollo and was laid out on a funeral pyre to be consumed, but the unborn child was rescued from her womb. From this he received the name Asklepios "to cut open." Apollo carried the baby to the centaur Chiron who raised Asclepius and instructed him in the art of healing and hunting.

The astrological symbol of Virgo is said to represent the arms and torso of the virgin holding a sheaf of wheat.

Libra - In mythology Libra is often associated with the Greek Goddess of Justice, Themis, the Greek mythological figure of Atalanta (meaning balanced), and Astraea (daughter of Themis), who ascended to heaven and became the constellation of Virgo, and carried the scales of justice, the nearby constellation...

Libra is also associated with the Greco-Roman goddess Aphrodite/Venus and sometimes also the goddesses Eris/Discordia, along with Hermione/Concordia, Hera/Juno, Ishtar, Freyja and Frigg, and the Aztec god Xolotl.

The astrological symbol for Libra represents the scales. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped

Scorpio - In Greek mythology the Scorpion was summoned by the wrathful goddess Artemis, who called upon the creature to destroy Orion. Orion was a giant and he was more than mortal, but less than a god or goddess. He was the son of Poseidon, the sea god, and is often supposed to be the son of Gaia, as were all giants. It is not clear what Orion did to anger Artemis. According to one version, he tried to rape one of her handmaidens and according to another, he may have tried to force himself on Artemis herself. Of all the goddesses, however, Artemis may have been the worst one to cross. She was the goddess of the hunt and the goddess of revenge, and she was ruthless and violent once angered. She became furious with Orion's impudence and commanded a giant scorpion to attack him. The scorpion stung Orion and killed him. Artemis placed her servant in the heavens as a reward for doing her bidding.

Sagittarius - In mythology Sagittarius is often associated with either a Satyr or a Centaur (in the case of the latter, often the centaur Chiron, who taught and tutored various heroes in Greek myth). In Greek mythology, centaurs were adventurous, brave, and wise, but they were also given to brawling and uncivilized behaviour.

Capricorn - Capricorn is associated with the Greek myth of the goat Amalthea, who provided the infant Zeus with milk, or ambrosia in some versions. Zeus placed her in the sky to honor her (Catasterismi). Capricorn is also associated with the god Saturn and the god Aristaeus.

The Babylonian zodiacal sign is called šaxû "ibex." The sun in this month entered the suxûru-fish constellation, called the star of Tashmetum, the wife of Nabu. The goat-fish is known from depictions on Babylonian monuments as a representation of Enki/Ea. Also linked to the Greek God, Pan.

The astrological symbol for Capricorn is said to represent the horns and tail of the goat-fish or sea-goat.

Aquarius - According to the Greek mythology, Aquarius was 'cup-bearer to the Gods' (Ganymede). Ganymede was the son of Tros, king of Troy. While tending his father's flocks on Mount Ida, Ganymede was spotted by Zeus. The king of gods became enamored of the boy and flew down to the mountain in the form of a large bird, whisking Ganymede away to the heavens. Ever since, the boy has served as the cupbearer of the Greek gods.

Pisces - One of the most popular stories regarding the mythological origin of Pisces is the story of Aphrodite and Eros. The story involves Aphrodite and her son Eros escaping from the terrible monster Typhon by turning themselves into fish and hiding underwater until it was safe to come back to the surface. As fish, they tied their tails together with a cord so that they wouldn't lose one another while swimming in the darkness of the deep water. Upon hearing their tale, Zeus rewarded the pair by placing them among the stars as the constellation of Pisces.

As a constellation, Pisces has been almost universally associated with female deities.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm
if anyone wants to I'll add some of the link to the gods in each description.  

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:34 am
I love greek mythology. heart They were really interesting. ^_^"
I'm the taurus. By the way Seiko, your avi looks absolutely amazing!!! I love it!! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 am
Thanks! I kind found about this new tails on the new tektek the are from zOMG! I found this one that is a Lion Fish and an Orca one. zOMG! has some interesting items ^_^  

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Yllirion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 am
I promise that I won't bite you ....

User Image

Well I'm a Virgo and proud one too ^^ So you better be careful with this virgo earth goat ^^

So many faces and still the same person ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 am
Prince Seiko
Thanks! I kind found about this new tails on the new tektek the are from zOMG! I found this one that is a Lion Fish and an Orca one. zOMG! has some interesting items ^_^
I havnet' even tried the game yet. I have to try it soon. It looks so cool though! reminds me of their monthly item which was with the mermaids/mermen but just that it looks really nice with white and red as the main fin colors. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:12 pm
I'm a sagittarius! My avi should make that obvious....lol wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:26 pm
I didn't know all the mythology behind the sign before. That's really interesting.

I'm Taurus or Gemini, my birthday si on May 21st right inbetween the two. On some calendars I'm Gemini, some I'm Taurus.

I indentify myself as Gemini though. The personality traits of them fit me better anyway, though when I do get angry, which rarely happens, I've got a terrible temper like a Taurus.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm
I'm a fishy fishy fish fish :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:10 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I'm a sagittarius! My avi should make that obvious....lol wink

I wish could make mine a goat fish but I'm 1/2 ay there just need the ram horns xd  

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:52 pm
I'm cancer.
When I was little, I used to think when my mom said I was a cancer, I thought she meant I had cancer and I was always scared until she mentioned the Zodiacs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:14 pm
wow, thanks for the info biggrin im an aries heart  

Fate-J

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:07 pm
ima cancer and I love mythology and zodia and I didnt know this information...now I feel like a failure ;_; oh well. Interesting stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 am
Im a taurus, or a Bully bull bull  

sutysr574

Rose_Lace53

Beloved Gaian

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 am
Granny is an aquarius.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*