Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Works of Renais

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:37 pm
I write most of my pieces in English class when I'm bored, so I can't actually post everything I write unless I type it up. Being who I am, which would be incredibly lazy, I don't type up most of my work. However, I will post some of my prior works here for people to read and/or comment on.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:39 pm
Guy opened his eyes and groaned as his forehead suddenly began to throb with pain. He closed his eyes quickly to ease the severe amount of pain he had just experienced. He thought for a moment, trying to recall the events of the past few hours. Although he tried to rekindle his memories, none seemed to stray into his grasp, instead carelessly lingering just beyond his reach. He concentrated harder, willing the memories to come flooding back to him, but the memories remained, hidden behind a shroud of darkness. He pressed harder against the barrier his mind had erected, but it would not budge. He expanded his thoughts to reach out to beyond hours and into days. Again some memories stayed beyond reach, but a few were not behind the barrier and remained floating free outside. Guy grasped at these memories and they came back to him in a whirl of brilliantly glowing light. Images flashed before him, each bringing back experiences and with each, increasing the amount of pain to his already frail body. He remembered a tall pale man, standing perfectly still. His short brown hair was spotted with flecks of blood. His shirt was torn in countless spots where a spear or an axe had rendered the cloth useless, but no wounds were visible. His ragged pants were in the same state as the shirt, but again no wounds were detectible. His arms were elevated, as though preparing for a fist fight. His right was slightly lower than the left and in it was a lone dagger, the edge of which was coated in fresh crimson blood. His eyes were ablaze with a power that seemed to radiate from his being. The surrounding landscape seemed to be reflecting the state of this man. The dense forest in which he was standing was completely engulfed in flame. Bark on trees splintered and cracked as the flames devoured the organic material in attempts to feed its thirst to survive. White hot ash fell in sheets all around the man, but curiously, did not seem to be affecting the man. Small woodland creatures tried in vain to escape from the trees and onto the ground, as if this inferno had started unexpectedly. Guy recognized the man standing before him. It was himself. Suddenly, as if the recollection of this fact had triggered it, his body began to pulse with pain once again. The man in the memory seemed in pain as well as he was now clutching his chest in agony. Red streaks of blood raced down the tattered shirt that he wore and dripped from the tips of his fingers as though it were rain. A sliver of grey appeared in the middle of the chest of himself in the memory. The sliver retraced slightly but then thrust forward as the blade of a sword came piercing through his chest and into view once again. The memory fell to his knees, his entire body vibrating as the muscles in his body released spasms of energy. The sword was removed and Guy remained for a moment as though in a daze, then collapsed onto the ground. There was another figure behind the collapsed man, holding his sword above his head in triumph over the fall of his victim. This new being was indistinguishable except for a strange glow emanating from the center of his head. The landscape around him started to turn as black as this new figure, except for a strange, almost otherworldly light emanating from behind the man. The memory slowly started to fade as it slid itself soundly into Guy's consciousness. As it did, another wave of pain, this one greater than the last, took hold of Guy. This new wave of pain was to great for his conscious mind to manage. His mind ordered Guys body to shut down, to disregard the onslaught of unbearable pain that was coursing through every vein in his body. Guys body complied and he thought no more.  

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:18 pm
Wow! You should really get some more of your stories typed out because I want to read more! Your story is...I can't even put it into words! It's so good!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:44 pm
O_o wow you are so much better at rping than me  

funkyspikemike

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:06 pm
Here is a very small piece of my characters backstory

Renais continued his hike through the Hatarak Desert, wishing that it wasn't quite so cold. Renais looked up at the stars, locating the Rishemays. He stared at it, perplexed by its celestial beauty. Each wisp of gas was shaped as if the gods themselves had crafted them. The stars within glittered and sparkled like the faries who lived in the forests. Renais looked ahead of him again, continuing toward Sulmtar. Renais always liked going to Sulmtar as there was so many things to see and do. Each time his curiosity had almost gotten the better of him, but Mar had always set things right. This time, however, Mar had not accompanied him and had sent him off to the town alone. Renais knew that this must be some sort of test, as he would not send him to town knowing that he would get into trouble. Renais sighed, thinking of all the marvelous things he would be missing out on. He continued his walk, the sand crunching under his feet. As he crested a particularly large sand dune, he saw the Sulmtar in the distance. From where he was standing, he could see the buildings in great detail. The citadel stood in the center, its tip anointed with Cysma. Cysma was an ancient crystal used in arcane times by the great Archsages to defeat the demons of Razgriz. The Cysma would be ground into a fine powder, then sprinkled into a basin of holy water. A holy sword or spear would then be dipped into the water, amplifying the holy magic into divine magic. These weapons, though few in number, were feared by even the most wicked of creatures. Even the great Razak would turn and run in face of a divine blade. Not every blade dipped into the Cysma would turn divine, as many of them would merely begin to glow white, still merely holy. Only 27 of these weapons were ever created, but there were 4 that were destined to become one of the divine blades. These weapons were known as the Four Sworn and were more powerful than even the divine blades. The weapons were: Vedrome the mace, Kanipa the great axe, Valtes the spear, and the greatest of the Four Sworn, Tetsaijin the long sword. It was said that the original wielders of the Four Sworn were so close to each other, that it was said they could act as a single entity. After the wars with the Razgriz, the Four Sworn divided the land into four countries, each taking a land for his own. Dundra, wielder of Kanipa, chose the fiery land of Goren. Serena, wielder of Valtes, chose the lush land of Kotirai. Daxt, wielder of Vedrome, chose the oceans as his own. Finally, Vincent, wielder of Tetsaijin, chose the plains of Relta as his and his only. The world was a utopia during the reign of the Four Sworn, but even the greatest of men fall to the hands of time. When the last of the Four Sworn fell, the people fought for control of the land. But at the Battle of Ulganoth, something happened that made the hearts of men change. No longer did they quarrel over the land, but instead worked together to create The Republic. The Republic worked well for centuries, but lately there had been rumors of monarchs and corruption...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:08 pm
a republic eh?  

funkyspikemike

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:51 am
Heh, I'm thinking about using the places and events listed above as my scenario for the RPing section. The events listed are semi-real, meaning I've been in these areas in other RP's but the weapons are new. I think it would be interesting from my POV to play my characters history. Anyway, I may or maynot update this thred anymore as most of my work is my RP posts, so just look me up in there if you wan't more, however, I will probably use this thred to post my "book-to-be" if I ever decide to type it up...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:34 pm
^_^ Thoughs are...beyond words! You'll find that I use "beyond words" a lot cause it's hard to describe other people's work..Especially when it's so0o0o good xd
Like yours biggrin

Ever_lasting_Flame

Eloquent Seeker

explode555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:15 pm
O.

My.

GOD.

that was amazing.
you hear me???

AMAZING!
I cried... I laughed... I was unbearably angry...
keep those WONDERFUL peices of art coming!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:27 pm
I've told you this elsewhere, but your work friggin' rocks. Keep it up and don't become a slob like me! xd  

Elvane

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:27 pm
Would anyone be interested in reading a continuation of that first bit? I'm having a bit of writer's block and I don't know what to write about sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:05 pm
A piece I wrote for a "Vocab" story for computers of all classes. I dislike thie piece as I only worked on it for about thirty minutes in total.

John sighed as he continued to stare into the dim glow of his monitor. He had spent countless hours onboard the cruiser "Longsword" in the depths of space, uploading software into the main computer. He looked up and out of the porthole, his gaze falling upon Sigma Octanus III. He began to question his role in the UNSC. He could barely keep up with his finances and any relationship he had with his wife was now null and void. He returned his gaze to his computer, the words "Database Updated" flashed on the screen. The screen went black for a moment, then the Operating System rebooted itself. The new graphical user interface was finally working on his system, with a record 42 hours of uploading. Suddenly the ship shuddered and tipped and began to roll to one side. The ship righted itself quickly, then began to turn port side and into the vast emptiness of space. The "softboxes" began to blare, softboxes being ODST for alarm as they were easily destroyed. John shuddered as a chill passed through his spine. He had one instance of this feeling before, and it could only mean that ill tidings were about to befall the Longsword. A com window opened on his monitor, revealing the face of Admiral Akbar. "John, I want all the data on ship to ship missiles that you've got and their distribution in the past month!" he shouted at John. The admirals eyes lowered, possibly to look at an optional screen. "Scotty, give all starboard engines full thrust!" "I can't do it admiral, I don't have the power!" Scotty replied in his Scottish accent. The admiral looked back at John. "Well? Hop to it soldier! There are tangible lives at stake, not those nontangible ones in the simulator!" he barked at John, his mood as volatile as the weather. John did as he was told, as anything given from the admiral is mandatory. John entered "missile" as his entity and commerce as the attribute. John scanned through the data, the ship beginning to rattle an tip as something slammed into the side of the ship again. "Ship infrastructure compromised in sectors A through H to due superheated plasma" said the artificial female voice. John looked at his screen, but it was blank, no admiral looking back at him. He suddenly heard screaming coming from the speakers that sent another chill down his spine. John opened a audio link to the paramedic, but she was already on another line, "Listen, just stab it!" "I can't, it broke me knife!" a man said. A silence followed, punctuated only by the hiss produced by their aging hardware and another shudder from the ship, again tipping to the side. "Paramedic" John finally said, "Is admiral Akbar there?" Another silence, this one longer than the last. A third chill passed down John's spine as he looked back out of the porthole. Something was headed toward the Longsword, but John's brain didn't even have time to send the notion to gasp. The Longsword was vaporized in a blazing ball of gas as a streak of blue light struck the Longswords reactor, detonating it on the spot. The citizens of Sigma Octanus three looked up in horror as the once great cruiser was vaporized. Its last line of defense had fallen. Hours later in a distant galaxy a signal was received by General Keyes. His assistant told him of Sigma Octanus 3, and that they had lost contact with it. "Did you send out a slipspace probe?" Keyes asked. "Ye... yes sir" the assistant responded. "Well?" "There's nothing sir. Just dust and echoes..."  

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces