Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awesome, right?
  Yep!
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:56 pm
The Storm is on the loose!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My dad just bought a new pistol and it is, indeed, a real a**-kicker. Mhm. Sleek, stylish, not too weighty but not too light. Snazzy rotating barrel recoil reducer, glow-in-the-dark sights, exchangeable backstraps, two (17+1) mags, ambi-safety, cleaning tools, some useless plastic disc thing with the Beretta logo, a trigger lock, and a mag-loader.

I haven't fired it yet, but I can't wait to!

Now, commence envy.

(Oh and it is 9mm, not .40 lol )

EDITS:

We'd gone to Academy but Academy had sold out of them. Coincidentally there was a gun show going on yesterday and today. I skipped work to attend. They had the Storm in 9, 40, and 45. Bunch of other great gun show stuff, too, but it was all pretty standard. Nothing I hadn't seen before. Thought about getting a new knife. They had the new Smith & Wesson folders, but they were $44 and I didn't feel like spending that much. And they had these neat lighters that looked like Garand clips where you pushed down on the end bullet to activate the butane torch. But they seemed kinda cheaply made so I didn't bother.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:36 pm
Nice. Looks like it should fit nicely in your hand too. I am curious about the ambi safety though. Does it go all the way through and work the same on both sides?  

Man of the Demoneye

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Nice. Looks like it should fit nicely in your hand too. I am curious about the ambi safety though. Does it go all the way through and work the same on both sides?

It does indeed fit in the hand very well. And it has changeable backstraps if it doesn't. And the ambi safety does go all the way through. If you work one lever the one on the other side goes up or down at the same time respectively.

The mag-loader makes loading magazines very easy, too. I read complaints of very stiff magazine springs, but with that thing I found it simple enough. However, with a fully loaded magazine it's a little difficult to seat into the gun. So the one in the gun is topped to sixteen.

It's much more streamlined and slick than the 96D.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm
Niiiice.... But it needs moar sauce!!!  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 pm
One thing I found to dislike about the gun--the safety acts as a decocker, so you can't carry it cocked and locked. That's "Position 1" right? You can carry it off safety and havbe the first shot in double-action to act as a safety.

It's not a big deal or anything, though. And Freak: sauce?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:09 pm
ArmasTermin
One thing I found to dislike about the gun--the safety acts as a decocker, so you can't carry it cocked and locked. That's "Position 1" right? You can carry it off safety and havbe the first shot in double-action to act as a safety.

more and better pictures.  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:11 pm
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

more and better pictures.

Yeah, the one above was a stock picture. I lost the cable that connects my camera to the computer and until I find it I can't upload any. As soon as I find it I will.

I got to test the gun out today, though. Shooting on some open property of a friends'. It performed fine for the most part. At one point a magazine failed to push the cartridges up and got stuck somehow. But when I refilled it and tried again it seemed fine. I'm hoping it never does that again, but I'm just glad it's not the gun. The gun was accurate with a clean trigger pull. Recoil was completely manageable and the frame isn't too heavy at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm
ArmasTermin

Yeah, the one above was a stock picture. I lost the cable that connects my camera to the computer and until I find it I can't upload any. As soon as I find it I will.

I got to test the gun out today, though. Shooting on some open property of a friends'. It performed fine for the most part. At one point a magazine failed to push the cartridges up and got stuck somehow. But when I refilled it and tried again it seemed fine. I'm hoping it never does that again, but I'm just glad it's not the gun. The gun was accurate with a clean trigger pull. Recoil was completely manageable and the frame isn't too heavy at all.

Bummer.

It's called breaking in for a reason, expect a few hick-ups for the first few hundred rounds. After that it should run smooth.

Damn, I was going to tell you to get some HSTs but ammotogo no longer sells them. If you can find some snatch them up while you can.  

Freak_090
Captain

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 pm
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

It's called breaking in for a reason, expect a few hick-ups for the first few hundred rounds. After that it should run smooth.

Damn, I was going to tell you to get some HSTs but ammotogo no longer sells them. If you can find some snatch them up while you can.
That actually sounds like a weak mag spring, if he gets it again he should mark the magazine "RANGE ONLY". If it's only ONE mag.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:29 pm
uryu ishida
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

That actually sounds like a weak mag spring, if he gets it again he should mark the magazine "RANGE ONLY". If it's only ONE mag.

Well I plan to buy more magazines anyway, while I can. Seventeen is a nice number biggrin but they're $40 a piece! Am I the only one that thinks that's a little high? Freak, what do XDm mags go for? I bet it's quite a bit for them as well.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:20 pm
ArmasTermin
uryu ishida
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

Well I plan to buy more magazines anyway, while I can. Seventeen is a nice number biggrin but they're $40 a piece! Am I the only one that thinks that's a little high? Freak, what do XDm mags go for? I bet it's quite a bit for them as well.
Forty bucks for Beretta 92 mags? No way man, that's ******** insane.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:25 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
uryu ishida
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

They're not Beretta 92 mags, they're Px4 Storm mags. Probably. There's no marks on them, I just figure different model gun means different magazines.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
uryu ishida
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

They're not Beretta 92 mags, they're Px4 Storm mags. Probably. There's no marks on them, I just figure different model gun means different magazines.
9mm Px4, Cx4, and 92s all use the same magazines. Same with the .40's and the 96.

See the Wiki page for the Cx4: "The Cx4 Storm was developed to be used in conjunction with other Beretta semi-automatic pistols. For example, the magazines for the Beretta 92FS chambered in 9mm can be used in the Cx4 (also chambered in 9mm)."

Actually, the Px4 might be different, now that I look at it. I can't be certain any more, but it might be worth taking it to a gun store and trying it out, no?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:13 am
ArmasTermin
uryu ishida
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

~$30  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:32 am
Freak_090
ArmasTermin
uryu ishida
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Bummer.

~$30
Hmm, maybe $15-20 for an AR mag isn't that bad.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff