Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
The Imagination Station--Andromeda's train Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:44 pm
Here are a few samples of stories and poems of mine. No stealing them please.
Now, this first thing I am showing you is the intro to a book I am writing. Comment and say whether or not you'd like to read this story further. It'd make my day if you did - read it I mean.

The year 3005?

Nuclear war, sickness, famine and freak storms have destroyed earth. The survivors of the human race have traveled the galaxy in search of a new home. Among the survivors are six scientist who have developed a ?Genesis? plant. It has taken the last 300 years for humans to become a thriving race again.
But as they have learned already, nothing lasts forever. An alien race, the Gaylons, arrived and made war with man. The Gaylons claimed the galaxy as their own. Man has never given up without a fight, and the same was true then.
The Liberation Movement, a million strong, proved to be too much for the Gaylons. After 10 long years of war many planets and lives had been lost
Hoping to prevent another disaster the Liberation movement constructed a planet made of metal. They called it The Dome. Over 15 million people live within its walls today.
With weapons and a force field to defend against alien attacks, the best doctors and teachers living on board, parks and rivers, and elegant restraints, it is a paradise.
While people lived in The Dome, others remained on the planets, fighting for survival, just trying to make suitable lives for themselves. Of these people was Cap?n Nick. Returning home after laboring to help build The Dome, Cap?n Nick found his home and farm ruined. At 38 he had to start over and space was as good a place as any. With a Class 4A Starburst and a crew he set out looking for some action.
Seems to me like he found it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:05 pm
OOOOH! Sounds very interesting! Post the second chapter when it's finished! I want to read more! 3nodding  

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:30 pm
Pup in Fluff
OOOOH! Sounds very interesting! Post the second chapter when it's finished! I want to read more! 3nodding
LOL. That was only the Intro. LOL. Not the first chapter, but I will post samples of the story. I am planning on getting it published.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:35 pm
I wish I could get one of my stories published! ...I wish I could finish one of my stories to get it published! ...I wish I could get one chaper of my stroy finished so I could post it in this guild to see if people like it so I'd know if I should get it published!  

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:46 pm
Pup in Fluff
I wish I could get one of my stories published! ...I wish I could finish one of my stories to get it published! ...I wish I could get one chaper of my stroy finished so I could post it in this guild to see if people like it so I'd know if I should get it published!
LOL. I'm only 17 and I'm already a SELF PUBLISHED author. It costs a big penny to do it that way, but at least you get published.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:05 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
Pup in Fluff
LOL. I'm only 17 and I'm already a SELF PUBLISHED author. It costs a big penny to do it that way, but at least you get published.

How much penny are we talking?  

Hopeful_Chaos

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:27 am
innocentschoolgirl
Andromeda_Ascendant
Pup in Fluff

How much penny are we talking?

Anywhere from 300 to 500 dollars.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:15 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

+Elora_Delifane+

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:23 pm
Interesting, I'll have to keep a close eye on your writing in the future. There's just a few errors in there, but it's caused by transfering text from a word processor into Gaia...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:30 pm
Renais
Interesting, I'll have to keep a close eye on your writing in the future. There's just a few errors in there, but it's caused by transfering text from a word processor into Gaia...

Yes, darn that Gaia word processor. grrr....
O_O keep an eye on my work? Cool.  

+Elora_Delifane+

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:19 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
Renais

Yea, I like what I've read and I can't wait to see more. I'd type some of my works up, but I'm just to damn lazy...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:21 pm
Renais
Andromeda_Ascendant
Renais

Yea, I like what I've read and I can't wait to see more. I'd type some of my works up, but I'm just to damn lazy...
Then stop being too damn lazy! stressed

by the way...Andromeda, what's your book called? I'd like to read it.

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:11 pm
Pup in Fluff
Renais
Andromeda_Ascendant
Renais

Then stop being too damn lazy! stressed

by the way...Andromeda, what's your book called? I'd like to read it.

It's called, at the present moment:Cassidy (its the name of the ship that Nick Captains)
I might change it though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:21 pm
nice so that is all you are gonna post? a little teaser?  

funkyspikemike

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:52 pm
funkyspikemike
nice so that is all you are gonna post? a little teaser?
yes. I am not to fond of people stealing my work. So...yeah. I might post one more page, since it's in such high demand.  
The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff