Why am I just NOW hearing of this?!?!?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:37 pm
I just heard that Obama is planning to close Guantanamo! Why the ******** didn't I hear about this during the campaign?!

Another reason to think Obama will fail as president....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:07 pm
Wrong tense. Not "is planning to close", "has closed". GITMO is out of business.

My bad. Closing 'within the year'.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 pm
Prove to me that GITMO was actually doing good. All it did was give the rest of the world one more reason to hate the US.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 pm
Freak_090
Prove to me that GITMO was actually doing good. All it did was give the rest of the world one more reason to hate the US.

I kinda agree with that. Ya sure, I think its a good idea to have some form of interrogation base somewhere outside of the US boarder to ruff up the baddies, but to have it publicized and free for everyone to know and hate?

If anything, its a slick way for him to say "violence bad, peace good"

But next time we have a torture plant, keep it way from the public and out of criticism's way  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:03 pm
Freak_090
It was keeping the prisoners ALIVE. You think they'd last a week in the general prison population?

"What're you in for?"
"I murdered sixteen people. You?"
"They think I'm a terrorist."
"You don't say..." *sharpens shank*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm
After 9/11, they had to separate the muslim and arab looking prisoners into solitary confinement in almost every prison across the country because there were mass attacks on them.

And how many terrorist attacks did they potentially prevent? We'll never know, but it could possibly blow your mind. :/  

Inquisitor Brock

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:57 am
Fresnel
Freak_090
It was keeping the prisoners ALIVE. You think they'd last a week in the general prison population?

"What're you in for?"

That'd be one good thing those dirt bags would do.
That is if the guy really is a terrorist.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090

"What're you in for?"

Innocent until proven guilty, and if I recall, most of GITMO hasn't seen a courtroom yet.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:11 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090

"What're you in for?"

Innocent until proven guilty, and if I recall, most of GITMO hasn't seen a courtroom yet.

Oh ok, so these guys were over there running around and shooting at the soldiers but were apprehended or something?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090

"What're you in for?"

Exactly, If GITMO was treating it's prisoners properly and actually giving it's prisoners a trail by jury then nobody would give two shits. But the fact that a military base was being used to by-pass the constitution doesn't sit well with most people.  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090

"What're you in for?"

Oh ok, so these guys were over there running around and shooting at the soldiers but were apprehended or something?
I got the impression that most of them were apprehended specifically, because they were well-known figures of the resistance forces.

@Freak: Well, they WERE POWs, and POWs belong in a military POW camp.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:17 am
Inquisitor Brock
After 9/11, they had to separate the muslim and arab looking prisoners into solitary confinement in almost every prison across the country because there were mass attacks on them.

And how many terrorist attacks did they potentially prevent? We'll never know, but it could possibly blow your mind. :/
In a sense public knowledge is the big problem of such a facility rather than effectiveness. I think it's a political move to make Obama look more like black Jesus to the public. If we get lucky maybe he will open a new facility somewhere else with the same goals but keep it a complete secret. I wouldn't plan on it though.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:44 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090

"What're you in for?"

I got the impression that most of them were apprehended specifically, because they were well-known figures of the resistance forces.

Well that makes them pretty guilty.
But again, rules are rules.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:13 pm
All the people in it will just go to other prisons we dont know about.  

Xarich

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Well that makes them pretty guilty.
But again, rules are rules.
Think of Al Capone. He was a well-known mafia badass and crime lord, and had personally ordered dozens of hits. The cops knew this, but without any proof, they couldn't get him. In the end, they got him for not reporting his illegal income on his tax forms. They didn't kick his door in, shoot everyone in his mansion, and keep him in a prison in Cuba for five years without a trial. This s**t wouldn't fly one goddamned bit if they were white Protestant prisoners and not 'sand-******' Muslims.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff