Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Do the guilds need to be upgraded??? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHat do you think? Do the guilds need to be upgraded???
  Yes, indeed!
  Upgrades are very much needed!
  I don't know.
  No!!!
  Let the devs decide!
View Results

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 am
The guilds designs, moderator panels, member lists and some other things could use an upgrade. The guilds designs are old. You know??? And the moderator panels could use use some more than just invites, settings, and thing like that

What do you think???  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:06 pm
They already did that and it looks kind of crappy.  

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bestmom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:04 am
I still feel they need to let the guild funds be used for more than just making subforum's, just how many could one guild need?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:12 pm
I think they need to fix the moderator panel before they decide to redesign anything... Such as the update log not.. logging. I made several changes and most of which haven't been updated in the log since December, some from back in October. That seems a little more rational to me than changing some.."look" like it's Vista for the poorly coded website.

As for the guild gold.. I somewhat agree. The problem is that the captain/vice captain(s) could use that all they want for... anything they want. Such choices do not always lead to good things down the line. Such as skimming off the top or upping the price to join a guild. So what is to prevent these things? How is Gaia to know that won't happen? In my opinion, I think the guild donations need to be stopped altogether and only allow the captains put in subforums with the use of there own money or the gained value from entering members that give in there automatic donation of the x gold. Seems like a more wise choice to me.  

evilbrainbabies

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:52 pm
Good point. Ben229 and I seem to be thinking alike, as of now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 pm
evilbrainbabies
As for the guild gold.. I somewhat agree. The problem is that the captain/vice captain(s) could use that all they want for... anything they want. Such choices do not always lead to good things down the line. Such as skimming off the top or upping the price to join a guild. So what is to prevent these things? How is Gaia to know that won't happen? In my opinion, I think the guild donations need to be stopped altogether and only allow the captains put in subforums with the use of there own money or the gained value from entering members that give in there automatic donation of the x gold. Seems like a more wise choice to me.

Not so much stopped together as having an option to stop or allow donations at will. In terms of presentation, it'd just be a little checkbox saying "Do you want your guild to receive donations?" Of course the coding would be more complex than that.

As for going more in-depth into donations for contests and other events where there might be suspicions of dishonesty, I personally went around that by creating a subforum in my own guild specifying that all screenshots of guild-related trades would be placed there. I don't know if it's possible to create a system that forces crew to distribute guild prizes with full transparency to the members. It'd take out some of the surprise factor anyway... Secret Santa would no longer exist, for example.  

shall she sail seas

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:52 am
But Secret Santa is the most awesome part of having a guild! It's always fun to find out what people choose for each other.

That guilds need a new way to spend gold is undeniable though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am
Pilotslover
But Secret Santa is the most awesome part of having a guild! It's always fun to find out what people choose for each other.

That guilds need a new way to spend gold is undeniable though.

You seem to have missed the tone of my post. I meant that such a system is already difficult to implement, and it would take out the joy of Secret Santa. sweatdrop  

shall she sail seas

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 am
Meh. I didn't think the system was a good idea. XD

I've already covered everything I want to see for the guilds in the threads at the top of the page, top of which is PAID for mass PM's.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 pm
I agree that the treasury should not be "open", thus allowing the crew to withdraw pure gold from it and use it for whatever they want. Instead, it should be directly linked to specific features, as it is now for the subforums. Thus, the money would come directly from the treasury, and never enter the crew's hands as pure gold.

One suggestion would be, as many have mentioned, a Guildhouse. The original house should be free, as Gaia Homes are, but funds could be used to furnish the place and purchase any further extensions. Where there is already an option to use Gaia Cash in The Faktori, another could be added to use Guild Credit. Unique guild-only furniture items would be nice too.

The buying of new features would be ideal, as well. Layout designs, changing titles (from "Captain" to "Supreme Overlord", for example smile ), and such would really help each Guild build its own unique atmosphere, which in turn might help recruitment and member participation.

Money for contests, giveaways, and other such things should come from the crew and/or members themselves, and not through the treasury. This is why it's usually a good idea to have a Guild Mule (like me!). Yes, you still have to be wary of whoever controls the mule using the cash for whatever they please, but really, that's the way of life. You just need to make sure you can trust the person.

Real Magick

2,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

-F4-OwlyGanNi-

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 am
i suggest in the moderator panel, it will allow us to see our member's IP adress. just to help us track of possible scamers and to avoid mules getting into our guild it will be useful for protection ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:44 am
I think IP stuff would be risky for Gaia. They might have to work harder to get IP bans to work, or it could be a privacy issue.  

LillianSaire

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:32 pm
@ -F4-OwlyGanNi- & LillianSaire:
IP banning isn't all that effective. If a troublesome member has the knowledge and/or determination, they could easily change their IP with a router or a website that masks their real IP... and these are only methods that I personally know of. There might be more out there.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm
I don't think we have the right to ban people from guilds with IP Addresses. Banning should be left the the Admins. Not only that, IP addresses provide too much information to Guild Crew and such, information that some people do not wish to provide. I think it would do more harm than good.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Silent elf

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 pm
i wonder when there going to launch the new stuff smile  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff