Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon IS back and here's proof Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquaTonic

4,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:44 pm
Quote:

It has better art, one of the main revisions but instead of 18 volumes, the tankubon is going to be compressed into 12 volumes with more pages. It is also going to have added, new pages and a different dialog. Most is going to be updated to fit current times. Two of the books have been released already...

However, they are not in English. The liscence drama is still going on and Sailor Moon is no longer being published in America. All the sailor moon stuff bought, is all old and unsold products, no more are being made in america or for american purchase. Liscnese and copyright issues with Takeunchi and such.

Also, it is translated into Pretty Guardian: Sailor Moon.

The original manga was called Pretty Soldier: Sailor Moon.

This is due to a number of reasons. The liscence drama, influence from the live action (I see a bit of the art is influenced by the live action, as Sailor Jupiter has her flower belt) and the whole, new times new stuff.

Here are some sites. Get rid of the spaces.

http:// www.sailormoon.ws/archives/090403.html

http:// www.genvid.com/archives/090903.html

From my other forums I'm on. I have been checking out my manga scanlation sites (since i read koren manga as well) and found that they are uploading the New Sailor Moon manga translated from Koren to English for us. So far, 2 volumes have been completed. If anyone would like the link then feel free to send me a message and I will direct you to where you need to go for the downloads.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:29 pm
I just finished watching all of the Sailor Moon series. I just have to watch the uncut versions of the movies that my oldest sister has.  

SpacyLacy

2,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 am
AquaTonic
Quote:

It has better art, one of the main revisions but instead of 18 volumes, the tankubon is going to be compressed into 12 volumes with more pages. It is also going to have added, new pages and a different dialog. Most is going to be updated to fit current times. Two of the books have been released already...

However, they are not in English. The liscence drama is still going on and Sailor Moon is no longer being published in America. All the sailor moon stuff bought, is all old and unsold products, no more are being made in america or for american purchase. Liscnese and copyright issues with Takeunchi and such.

This is due to a number of reasons. The liscence drama, influence from the live action (I see a bit of the art is influenced by the live action, as Sailor Jupiter has her flower belt) and the whole, new times new stuff.

From my other forums I'm on. I have been checking out my manga scanlation sites (since i read koren manga as well) and found that they are uploading the New Sailor Moon manga translated from Koren to English for us. So far, 2 volumes have been completed. If anyone would like the link then feel free to send me a message and I will direct you to where you need to go for the downloads.

But it's not back, it's just being remade. There's a difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:07 pm
If that's legit, then there will be US release. Just not a legit one. By that I mean raw torrents which will then be translated and available for download.  

Ryuondo

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 am
just give me the manga and episodes and I'll be satisfied with my fix! *cuddles up to Sailor Jupiter*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Ryuondo
If that's legit, then there will be US release. Just not a legit one. By that I mean raw torrents which will then be translated and available for download.

Torrents have been available for awhile though, like for a couple of years. And thats for manga, series, movies, and live action.
There wasn't license drama for the live action sailor moon because the US never had it to begin with (luckily, because they'd have butchered it).

Look, if you want the torrent files for Sailormoon, then go here and download BitTorrent. The entire anime series is 30 gigs and you get the option to nix any season you don't want so long as you know the episodes (ie. Season one was only 10GB). Just download some if you don't have the room, burn it to a disc, trash the file, then upload the other part you want, wash, rinse, repeat pirate

This is fairly old news, guys. This is how a company makes money, by releasing old stuff to make it "new." George Lucas has been doing the same thing to Star Wars for a the past fifteen years.

If you already have the mangas, save your money and see if you can't get a sample torrent or limewire file to scope out this "revamped" version. You may find that it's exactly the same with minute tweaks not worth the USD to buy it imported.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:20 pm
Girlie Hero
Ryuondo

Torrents have been available for awhile though, like for a couple of years. And thats for manga, series, movies, and live action.
There wasn't license drama for the live action sailor moon because the US never had it to begin with (luckily, because they'd have butchered it).

Look, if you want the torrent files for Sailormoon, then go here and download BitTorrent. The entire anime series is 30 gigs and you get the option to nix any season you don't want so long as you know the episodes (ie. Season one was only 10GB). Just download some if you don't have the room, burn it to a disc, trash the file, then upload the other part you want, wash, rinse, repeat pirate

This is fairly old news, guys. This is how a company makes money, by releasing old stuff to make it "new." George Lucas has been doing the same thing to Star Wars for a the past fifteen years.

If you already have the mangas, save your money and see if you can't get a sample torrent or limewire file to scope out this "revamped" version. You may find that it's exactly the same with minute tweaks not worth the USD to buy it imported.

Duh? You're talking to someone whose been torrenting for, s**t I don't even know how long, since 7th grade? I'm in my third year of college now. I mean the new stuff. Trust me, there will be raw torrents available for it later on. Hopefully by then I will be fluent enough in Japanese to be able to read them right off the bat. That way I wont have to spend any money on it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:22 pm
User Image

This isn't really that new.

ALL the tankubon have already finished being released, and even the 'extra' stories have been compiled into 2 more tankubon.
The total set is 14 books.

If I'm not mistaken, I think they finished in about 2004, which was awhile back.

These are available all over Japan, even online, if you look on the Japanese amazon.com.
I'm actually thinking about getting a set this Christmas, for myself.

========
Moko <33

User Image

lolkweernut

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:31 am
AquaTonic
Quote:

YOu sure it's authentic? If it's Korena, it's probably a doujinshi. Naoko Takeuchi is Japanese and the companies that actually ownt he rights tot he publishing of Sailor Moon material are not allowing any outside of Japan.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:10 pm
The two posts you put up are for the 2004 rerelease of the manga. It's not new. BUT! I have the whole set. heart

Even if you have all of the originals, I STRONGLY reccomend the reprints as each book has new(er) art from Naoko Takeuchi. Some books have free stickers (First edition. Second edition doesn't.) and the reprints even have Codename Sailor V and Parallel Sailormoon.

When searching for Sailormoon news, might I suggest going to google.com and hitting news ~ THEN ~ typing in Sailormoon? A regular search for "Sailormoon news" only seems to bring up vintage news stories.  

Codename Sailor Earth

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 pm
Ryuondo
Girlie Hero
Ryuondo

Duh? You're talking to someone whose been torrenting for, s**t I don't even know how long, since 7th grade? I'm in my third year of college now. I mean the new stuff. Trust me, there will be raw torrents available for it later on. Hopefully by then I will be fluent enough in Japanese to be able to read them right off the bat. That way I wont have to spend any money on it.

Wow. Smart-a** much? Did you think that maybe, just maybe this wasn't EXCLUSIVELY directed at you? And, okay, your college year has what to do with this. I'm a fifth year and graduating this May. Torrents weren't around until 2001, a whopping eight years. Wow--you are trei vet! Very skilled you are! rolleyes

Well, I hope you do learn Japanese well enough so maybe you can graduate and get a job translating for Manga and Anime. The butchering of dialog is excruciating. If it was made for kids in Japan, it should be for kids in the US. If it was made for adults in Japan, then in needs to be for adults in the US. Like maybe airing Sailor Stars (if and when it ever comes back) on Adult Swim or just under the anime sections in OnDemand.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:28 pm
I totally forgot about this thread since I've mainly been in the RPG area xp

Here's the link for the scans:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Starry_Heaven/index.php?showtopic=151

The art is new and updated mainly in them and the lines of have been changed here and there. It was mainly done since Naoko likes the way the live action had Jupiter with her rose belt (which is added into the manga) and a few other things that I don't remember. Good luck, and good reading!  

AquaTonic

4,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lawliets_Soul Fangirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 pm
noooooooooo i neeed the english!!!!!!!!! *sob* SAILOR MOON!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 pm
So is BitTorrent safe then? It wont give you any viruses like limewire does right?  

Lady Mikazuki

yuuki-san-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:19 am
hi could you please send me the link  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items