Uhmm, I don't really care. O.o
View Results

kvxtch

6,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 pm
...Does anyone else think that gaia was better back before the object was money?
Back before the layout change?
And before the cash shop?
Back when we looked forward to monthly collectibles?
Maybe I'm reaching here, but I think the whole thing was a lot more enjoyable back then...
(Oh and by the way, I AM going to try to be more active from now on.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:19 pm
I don't mind some of the lay out changes, but Gaia does seem to be more money focused nowadays. *shrugs*  

0Moon_Maiden0

kvxtch

6,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:21 pm
Yeah...
I just find it really annoying.
I don't want gaia to be like that. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:22 pm
Welcome to being more active, I suppose then.

And yes, I remember that. I enjoy the new layout once I got used to it since it's easier to use and get to things.

Though the fact that money is the object now is incredibly annoying. It makes it less enjoyable for those who can't afford or don't want to spend money on pixels.

It's pushed up the price of everything as well. Monthly collectibles used to be 20k and that was acceptable and reasonable. Now they're 30-40k and I don't want to pay that for MCs.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

kvxtch

6,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:27 pm
Exactly!
True, the layout changes aren't really that bad, but the cash shop makes me mad.
The MC's were actually worth buying back before that, but I think they've been focusing all their time on the cash shop and that the monthly collectibles have taken the back seat.
They aren't as interesting and fun anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:29 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I don't mind some of the lay out changes, but Gaia does seem to be more money focused nowadays. *shrugs*

I agree - i lik ethe layout changes, but not the money-mad part fo it.

but, in all fairness, some more unpopular items have gotten very cheap. For example I just bagged an orindae for about 1.2k. *booyah!*  

dragontamer363
Crew

kvxtch

6,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 pm
I've just always thought of gaia as being better than some of those other sites because they weren't in it for the money, but now I can't say that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:35 pm
Idiocy_Reigns
I've just always thought of gaia as being better than some of those other sites because they weren't in it for the money, but now I can't say that.

Agreed.

Completely agreed.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 pm
dragontamer363
0Moon_Maiden0

but, in all fairness, some more unpopular items have gotten very cheap. For example I just bagged an orindae for about 1.2k. *booyah!*

Nice....

Awesome new outfit-by the way!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:06 pm
The layout is okay. That stupid Cash Shop has taken over gaia. I mostly hang out in the guilds now because the forums suck. Has anyone noticed how far down hill the forums have gotten?  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:09 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
dragontamer363
0Moon_Maiden0

Nice....

Awesome new outfit-by the way!

thanks, i'm quite pleased with it :3
I wanted to try and get a purple gown thingy to really goth it up, but it was like 9k XD
So Inana's got her neck-ruffle on again :3

and the gwee's still there! [darn thing was throiwng off teh outfit, but I refuse not to equip her -haha]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:11 pm
apiyo
The layout is okay. That stupid Cash Shop has taken over gaia. I mostly hang out in the guilds now because the forums suck. Has anyone noticed how far down hill the forums have gotten?

I only ever really go on to rp, and most rps are eitehr cut short or peter out into boringness. meh.
How have they gone downhill? too many n00bs or just genrally gotten dull?  

dragontamer363
Crew

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 pm
dragontamer363
apiyo

I only ever really go on to rp, and most rps are eitehr cut short or peter out into boringness. meh.

N00bs have always been a problem to some extent. That's why I'm so active on the forums now, I used to be too distracted by forums but now they just don't seem as fun as they used to. They're just lackluster (dull) now neutral .  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 pm
Ah well, unfortrunately there's not much one can do about it, short of marching an army to take over the forums or something lol rolleyes
Just one more reaosn why the guild is awesome! *throws confetti* mrgreen  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:29 pm
dragontamer363
apiyo

I tried to RP in the forums once over a year ago.....it moved to quickly and I caught the attention of a somewhat older pervy man.....

I didn't start RP again until DT brought the Exorcist RP to my attention here at the guild and I've been spending most of my time in the RPG forum here at the guild ever since....  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff