Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
How do you feel about the military? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RavendorFoxx
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 am
Serious topic. Think about it. I've gotten a lot of bad joojoo from other furs about the military because they think all members of the military are baby killing, village bombing, assholes.
That's only the marines. ninja
But seriously, even then they're following orders. They HAVE to, or the system wouldn't work. It's the corrupt leaders that make the decisions that causes chaos and ... stuff...

Also, some people join the military because it's their only chance to have any sort of life. They have no money. No job. Nothing.... So, there's two choices at that point. Join the military, or commit a crime to go life in jail and take up space and resources doing nothing... maybe telemarketing... Which would you prefer they did?
The military protects our freedoms, our rights, etc... You may not see it, and the military gets a bad rap for some of the mistakes they've made... But ultimately, where would we be if we were unprotected? And don't say there wouldn't be war, because it's not like everyone else would leave us alone for abolishing the military. Be real.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 am
i'd don't particularly LIKE the military, but i see theneed for it. i have several family members who are, or have been, in the military, so at the same time it kinda makes me hate it, but makesme appreciate it. and that's not ever counting any outside factors. but yeah, i GET it, but i don't really LIKE it.  

AlishkaNix
Crew

Zylo the Wolfbane
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:25 pm
I don't have a problem with the military, most of them are good people, good souls who want to do their duty, and protect the ones they love. It's the corrupt mofos that send the orders that I hate, it's their fault anything bad happens. We all hope for peace but prepare for war, that's the way it is

signed The day that there is no war all soldiers will retire happily, of course, when that day comes we'll all be dead anyway. Peace can only be obtained through humanity's demise, kinda sad
Zylo the Wolfbane  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:04 pm
I see the military as the ones who fight the wars. Generally better that trained professionals do such, so more than civilians.

People in the military, I see as people anywhere else. They're human beings, and are subject to be as nice or mean as humans can get. To say anything else is really difficult to support.

The question of war generally revolves around the willingness of humans to solve matters peacefully. Until humans can get along, there will be wars to fight.

Now you might want to provide which military you're talking about. I can guess the US military, or perhaps the Canadian, UK, or some other English speaking country, but I don't know.  

justice_prime

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm
I have no issue with the military. I do have an issue however with how it is being used and how it is being outfitted with complete crap.

I don't have time to get into now though. In the end though I tend to feel, you don't have to support what cause they are made to fight but at least you can support the individuals.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:45 am
Sanguvixen
I have no issue with the military. I do have an issue however with how it is being used and how it is being outfitted with complete crap.

I don't have time to get into now though. In the end though I tend to feel, you don't have to support what cause they are made to fight but at least you can support the individuals.

HOLY FREAKING CRAPP!!! I love your siggy!!!!

Anyway, I agree with this. I do not support the military in anyway, but I will not try to argue f it's useful or not. I'm too sleepy to thing anymore...I'll fix this later =3= zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzz  

Cookiiz n Creme

TsukuyomiYue

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 am
I was a military brat. I got to travel the world and see all kinds of places that most people want to take a vacation to. However that meant I never had a stable environment to establish "roots". I have a brother in the Air force as well. I would never want to join the military but I support and Believe in the men and women who serve in our armed forces  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:52 am
But if I can't have her, then why should I spend any more...

The army is the army, I have my own views on it now, that are less then perfect, but I have though of joining it myself. I am currently wanting to right a book I have in my head about an international 'peace war' it is partly on what I think will happen in the future, and partly some sci-fi/fantasy stuff thrown in. Cat of characters includes a half man-half machine that is like a one man army, a half cat girl (Don't worry I worked a way for it to be possable, this takes place a few hundred years in the future) and aliens =D it sounds odd, but it's a very good (and VERY long) plot line. Would most likely be a book series and not just one book. User Image

...time in a world that's going to end pretty soon?

Throttle Kitty

Girl-Crazy Wife

TsukuyomiYue

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 am
That sounds interesting! I write myself, so I know how it is when get writer's itch.lol I hope it works out for you! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:30 pm
I don't mind the millitary. My dad was in the navy and he has a well paying job at tinker afb here ^^  

Fennec Dreamer

6,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:17 am
The military. . .

Well, it's a complicated question. I support the military, but I am endlessly vexed by the way they're being treated. These people are DYING for us, a little respect would be nice? Noooo, war is evil blah blah blah.

It's people like that that make me wish I was the kind of person who'd pass legislation on which people are legally entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately I'm not, as easy as that would make things.

Yeah, sensitive subject. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:10 am
Ya I don't have a problem with the Military but i'm never gunna join up..it's not the whole getting sent to iraq or w/e it's just the whole idea of boot camp i just don't like that lol but thats just me. XD  

Hexah

Heroic Bilge rat

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:17 pm
I would like to take the time to say that I feel that many paper pushers in the military are woefully incompetent. My brother needs to be seen by a doctor "NOW" due to his fractured wrist that could lead to something very bad very soon, but the people in charge of the pushing the papers for discharge take their sweet merry time even though how fast they process him out could be the difference between having two functional hands, or one that is functional and one that...isn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 am
Eh I don't mind the military per say.... I just hate it when anyone I know wants to join to be on the front lines/ in actual battles gonk . Thankfully my best friend never joined...  

Cortana_Seramiphia

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:51 pm
Death is a part of life, im going to join, and if i die, i die. I'd rather die by a bullet than go out the same way i came in, wearin a diaper getting spoon fed.

I've been wanting to join since i was 6. As for killing, its me or them, and they're in the same position so they're gonna try and do it first. Besides, military pays for college, health care, half off on dental, retirement plan, funeral service, living space, food (all three meals a day). Going to Iraq might be fun... i played in the sandbox when i was a kid so, its not going to be much different, only people are shooting at me.

NO OFFENCE but the first thing i thought when i saw this topic was: "aw god, HIPPIES!!!!!! X.X" Both my dad and my step-dad went, of course i never asked how it was, but eh, im already freakin weird, furry, raver, into necrophilia. O.e I see war movies, and see the whole dramatic shell-shock scene, and i want to be in it, don't know why.  
Main Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff