Submit

*scottish accent* "I hope my wire-fightin' team is READ-Y!"
  :D
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:55 am
Howdy howdy.
I just thought that I'd plonk up a topic about health and that ever turning circle of trying to keep fit, healthy and (lets face it) slim XD
The old essay-period-followed-by-christmas holidays-followed-by-exam-period has claimed my belly again (haha) so i'm trying to figure out ways to get bac in shape.
Even though i'm nervous i'm going to get back into karate (it's been at least 2 months since I've actually been sweatdrop ), though i'm not as motivated as I was sinc eit's got harder and I feel pressured to grade up belts (not that i have time to lear the stuff to do that)..... and i'm also going to try cut out the bullion of sweets I've been eating every day (tee hee).
That and going out more with my flatmates, even if it's for a walk round the park, a swim or ice-skating.

So that's the plan, anyway.

Is anyone else trying to lose weight? Do you have any tips for exercise and helathy(er) eating?

Also, points for guessing where the poll quite is from ^_~  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:08 am
I'm trying to not eat dessert at the dining hall.....gained so much weight from that......also cutting back on the lattes...... crying  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 am
I agree that sweets are what makes me gain weight. But I've cut down on that b/c my body can't take it anymore. >_< It makes me feel sick after eating a lot so I guess it's a good thing. XD I plan to start exercising (walking wise...) when it gets warm again. Or biking. For now...I just stick the the norm. ^--^"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 am
I went on late night walks with friends but I kept tripping and injurying myself.....so I stopped.....  

0Moon_Maiden0

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:12 am
I try to walk to places whenever possible. I was also working out for a while. I need to start doing that again (even though it didn't seem to actually help much).

I gained a bunch of weight after high school ended. The funny thing is, I didn't actually do anything different during last summer than the summer before that (which I lost weight during).

To make things more clear.

Summer of '07: Lost weight.
Summer of '08: Gained weight.

But I did nothing different in '08 and '07. I personally think it was from depression.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:24 am
I can claim I'm gonna try and lose weight and get back into shape, but then I eat a piece of chocolate crying

I plan on walking again when the weather warms up... and I've got a ton of workout videos SOMEWHERE in my house...

May I suggest, if your using a scale to check your weight, to get one of those electrical ones... They're way more accurate than others.
Here's the story: I got one of those cheaper ones that's not electric, and it told me I was over 350 pounds, and it's been telling me that for 3 years... My doctor's office has one of those older models and it says I'm over 350 as well.
My friend has an electric one, and when I checked my weight on that...
I HAVEN'T EVEN HIT 300 POUNDS YET!!!!!!!

So, in a way, yay, but in another way, after all this time thinking I was eating way too much, and that I'd never get below 350... only trust electric scales!!!!!  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:04 am
I agree the reg scales can be off sometimes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:40 am
lotsa veggies, try fruit juice instead of big meals.. and just eat a little when you do get hungry.. 4laugh try having regular exrcise sessions.. smile  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:30 am
Arch Angel Neko
lotsa veggies, try fruit juice instead of big meals.. and just eat a little when you do get hungry.. 4laugh try having regular exrcise sessions.. smile

*points at the above points*
"Lotsa Veggies"?
Ewwwwww! >_<
lol Although it is healthy for you and you need to eat it once in a while. 3nodding But I try to avoid. XD

@Dornkus
Depression can make you lose a lot of weight. sad
Hope you're feeling better now!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:47 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Arch Angel Neko

*points at the above points*
"Lotsa Veggies"?
Ewwwwww! >_<
lol Although it is healthy for you and you need to eat it once in a while. 3nodding But I try to avoid. XD

@Dornkus
Depression can make you lose a lot of weight. sad
Hope you're feeling better now!

lols.. vegetables can be tasty too if the one fixing (cooking) it knows how to cook well plus if you haven't noticed meat products only taste good after they've been garnished with spices, spices which are actually extracted from vegetables.. ^_^
oh yeah.. try fruit shakes.. they're good *thumbs up* 3nodding  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

0Doidle0

Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:22 am
When it gets a little warmer out I'm breaken' out my roller blades.
Roller blading is awesome!
And I have a housing development behind my house that isn't very busy so I just go there and skate my heart out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:16 pm
I'm 150 lbs. I hate it. I feel huuuuuuuuge. gonk  

Death Shikaku

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm
My attempt at a helathy meal ble wup in my face today XD

I tried to make french onion soup, but the recipie made it waay toto sweet. that coupled with my crappy cooking skills mad eit inedible-lol

ah well... a sandwich it is tonight!

...out-of-a-packet chiken tika massala tmrw :3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:13 pm
Death Shikaku
I'm 150 lbs. I hate it. I feel huuuuuuuuge. gonk

stare I would love to be 150 pounds....  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm
I never understand pounds ><

i'd like to get down to 9 1/2 stone/ 9 stone methinks.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff