Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:39 pm
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_870/model_870_express.asp

I paid cash for a new in-the-box base 870 Express in 20 gauge. Will have it in 10 days. Had to pay a new $25 state background check fee on top of everything else. F**kers. Still came in under $400.

Going to order the deer slug barrel from the factory once I have the serial no. from the shotgun. How I wish I could still order barrels for my Winchester Model 12 like this.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/original_factory_barrel_selector.asp  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 pm
I have plans to get the Express with sythetic stock and 7-shot magazine, at $388 (or LESS)  

uryu ishida

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:03 pm
IDK, but last I checked it was illegal for someone to charge money for a manditory background check...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:27 pm
Freak_090
IDK, but last I checked it was illegal for someone to charge money for a manditory background check...
Not here in Tennessee! It's completely legal to pass on the TICS check fee ($10) even if it is mandatory.  

uryu ishida

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm
uryu ishida
Freak_090
Not here in Tennessee! It's completely legal to pass on the TICS check fee ($10) even if it is mandatory.

God, I am glad to live in Texas....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:54 pm
Freak_090
That only applies to federal checks. State isn't covered.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:09 am
Fresnel
Freak_090
That only applies to federal checks. State isn't covered.

ahhh....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 am
Time to wake up this thread. I'm off to the store at noon to pick up my Remington 870 Express. Photos by sundown, I hope. Can't wait!  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 pm
why a 20gauge?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:34 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
why a 20gauge?

I like my shoulder too much to want to mess it up with my Winchester Model 12. mrgreen

Now, for a photo.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

/edit
Correct link now in play.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 pm
Floyd
Maelthra Reloaded
why a 20gauge?

I like my shoulder too much to want to mess it up with my Winchester Model 12. mrgreen

Now, for a photo.

/edit
The image link is good. Flickr is just being a douche about serving up photos at the moment.
Flickr is fine, you just suck at linking. wink

Anywho, having fired a 12 gauge 870 many times, I can tell you that with a factory recoil pad, it's still not as bad as an Enfield. Of course, the one I fired was heavily modified, and top-fold stocks have no recoil pads. Still wasn't too terrible though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 pm
Congratulations are in order, Floyd! I don't love that long barrel, but that's a fine-looking shootin'-iron.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:23 pm
ArmasTermin
Congratulations are in order, Floyd! I don't love that long barrel, but that's a fine-looking shootin'-iron.
I will never understand why they make the barrel that long and the magazine that short.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:23 pm
The long barrel is a good choice for magnum shells and birds at high altitudes. The bright side is I'm getting a 20" deer slug barrel shortly that is rated for both shot and slug. Coolness prevails in the Remington line.

I used to shoot duck in the Imperial Valley with the aforementioned Winchester Model 12, which has a similar barrel. Five shots with that and I was heading back to the cabin for some aspirin.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 pm
Mighty fine looking shotgun, but I don't understand people having problems with 12-gauge shotties. I have on certain occasions put more than my fair share of rounds downrange, ranging from target load (similar to bird shot) to magnum slugs out of an 870, and mostly what bothered me was my ringing ears instead of a sore shoulder, that being with a factory stock.

User Image
Why not try a recoil-absorbing stock, such as this? (mossberg 500 pictured, COPstock recoil absorbing stock.)  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff