Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Guild of Doom

Back to Guilds

Often imitated, never duplicated 

Tags: Random, Awesome, Epic, Poll, Gold 

Reply Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!
I ******** hate retail, and can't wait for this to be over. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

******** Retail.
  Best Buy Pwnzzz lozlzolzozlozlz
  Circuit City, First to be around, First to go down!
View Results

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:50 pm
So for those of you who don't know, I have my lip pierced... I have a fun story from work today at Circuit City...

I was sitting on the front counter checking everyones' receipts, when a man walked up and I asked for his receipt... he responds:

Guy: "You sure you can read with that thing in your lip?"
Me: "No, that's why I work here."
Guy: "Nobody in their right mind would do that to their body. Well, when you grow up and you want to make 40$ an hour like me, come see me."
Me: "I'll consider it. Have a nice night, a*****e."

As he walks away with a mortified look on his face, Seth, one of the "Product Flow Team" members walks up behind him and says "You're a pooper."

I laughed, but it's annoying. I'm tired of people coming into my place of work, and acting like tough guys, just because they can. I don't go into their place of work and treat them like s**t, but they feel like they should be allowed to come into mine and do that to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:26 pm
I ******** can't stand retail. I had some guy give me an attitude when I had my pink hair.. Suposably I wasn't "professional" enough to be in an Assistant Manager.
At a PARTY STORE.
I really don't see the problem with pink hair in a PARTY ******** idiot.
My Store Manager has no problem with my pink hair, she actually loves it xD.

M i n a k o
Crew

Kjuroki Kaze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:32 pm
M i n a k o
I ******** can't stand retail. I had some guy give me an attitude when I had my pink hair.. Suposably I wasn't "professional" enough to be in an Assistant Manager.
At a PARTY STORE.
I really don't see the problem with pink hair in a PARTY ******** idiot.
My Store Manager has no problem with my pink hair, she actually loves it xD.

He obviously can't stand bright colors.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:56 pm
xD
Some people need to learn to mind their own business.

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
Vice Captain

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:38 pm
XD +2 To Jenny.

Seriously, I agree Minako. I mean, my lip piercing is far more understandable... or at least would be if I didn't work at "THE CITY" which was a new concept store where the slogan was "Keep It Real", basically meaning, we were far more lax, and into being contemperary and new, than being like the uptight Core Stores, plus Best Buy.

Overall, I have to say, if I were your boss, Min, I'd not only approve, but possibly make it dress code standard X)

I'm a nerd.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:54 pm
My boss says anything's fine, so long as you got all ends of you covered. No a**, no cleavage, and you're good to go.  

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:35 am
There, there, Rome. Just wait, they'll get the kick in the pants they deserve. Juuuusssst wait.

Also, if you made pink hair a dress code, I wouldn't work for you. >>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:37 am
I uh haven't had that issue x3  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:06 am
People treat employees everywhere like crap and yet everyone I know is barking at my heels to get a job. I don't want some bigshot CEO with a pineapple jammed up his a** to make my day hell just to say I got a paycheck. No amount of money if worth dealing with that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:10 am
The company I work for is backwards. This year I know they're going to hire everyone and their dog and the crazy part is all these people are going to be laid off in May and have to file for unemployment. Yeah I realize it's a job and yet another tick for your resume but the whole place is retarded unless your a perm.

I hate working there and I wish someone else would hire me.  

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

M i n a k o
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 pm
Tai Takahashi
People treat employees everywhere like crap and yet everyone I know is barking at my heels to get a job. I don't want some bigshot CEO with a pineapple jammed up his a** to make my day hell just to say I got a paycheck. No amount of money if worth dealing with that.

XDDDD You made me think of Little Nicky.. I love that movie =3.
I guess since I've been in retail for 6 year at the same place.. Anytime a customer tries to act crazy at me over something stupid anymore I just stare at them like they're stupid and just repeat, "Ok." until they shut up and listen to me.. That or I'll b***h right back at them XD Depends on how they come at me I guess.
I had the urge to take a balloon and pop it in this guy's face today >_> ******** a*****e.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 pm
My boss is pretty decent about dress codes for me anyway. I'm working delivery so I can wear pretty much anything, as long as it's not T-shirts with logos or shorts. I can also get away with longhair working delivery. If I was working sales I'd have to dress much more professionally, not to mention get a haircut.  

Chalandria

[Vertically.Challenged]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19 pm
Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
xD
Some people need to learn to mind their own business.
agreed. *nod nod*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:22 pm
Retail = The Anti Christ of all professions. I can't wait to get out of college, and be able to be that creepy I.T. guy who sets up the network, fixes your computer, but never says a damned word >:3  

Rome The Arsonist

Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces