Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
********, and A-last-ka Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krilliad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:39 pm
Well guys, Kentucky is ******** have been frozen over with a storm fury like hell hath none.
Kentucky cannot even afford to feed it's residents, they can't clear the rubble, they can't clear the fallen trees, they can't repair anything, that can't have electricity...

They really need help, but of course the preisdent is not going to deploy national guard, he's too involved with himself and the stimulus package to care. Or maybe he does care, and which in this case I am just angry.
America is not doing so well though, we're in deep s**t.

Also Alaska is going to be alst to recieve any help, though alot of the residents in towns are paying in the twenty dollar range for everything from apples to eggs. They are struggling to keep their families fed. In a CNN article they say " Warm or fed' are the options. Notice "or" not "and".  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm
In AK, that's expected. Survival skills are passed from native to newcomer. And price gouging is standard practice.

As far as Kentucky is concerned, they had better hunker down now. The storm that's passing overhead as I write this post is cold as hell and won't stop until it hits the Atlantic. My guess is that this last storm for now will pass over the Mississippi late tomorrow.

What is sad in the case of the rural communities of Kentucky is that there is nothing but people to report on. And the press seems to have run out of interest in disasters that don't have any star power. After Hurricane Ike, the press got out of the weather related disaster business.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm
Battlefield Reaper
In a CNN article they say " Warm or fed' are the options. Notice "or" not "and".

You know, there is a saying, "Give a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day. Light a man ON fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life..." If they put this to use the supply of food per person would increase greatly.

But seriously, major suckage. You have to remember that his presidency won't have a shortage of priorities that need to be taken care of and that for the past week or so he's been pushing for the stimulus package to get approved. His agenda is chalked full of thing that need to be done and I'm sure that this will be addressed soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Every time I hear stories of places in disaster I get the idea in my head that I want to go over and just help out. Like rebuild stuff, save people from wreckage, shoot looters, clear streets, whatever the case may be.

But a week later I'm always still here.

It makes me feel bad, seriously.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:47 am
Come on... come on... say it.
Say it dammit!

Barack Obama hates white people.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:57 am
well in alaska food is always expencive because it needs to be shipped up there. But normaly the hazard or isolation pay would cover that, depends on the line of work.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:03 am
And that's why you hunt.
To avoid some food costs. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 am
OberFeldwebel
And that's why you hunt.
To avoid some food costs. neutral
yah, i mean like a jar of cheese wiz in NWT is like 10-20 bucks depending.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 am
I may get flamed for saying this but...

Kentucky has no black people to b***h about what's going on. Look at Katrina. Sure it was a mess, but we're still hearing about it.

It's just like that flooding that went on last year. You think they got as much care as New Orleans?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:08 am
That actualy makes alot of sence.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:18 am
Man of the Demoneye

Kentucky has no black people to b***h about what's going on. Look at Katrina. Sure it was a mess, but we're still hearing about it.

It's just like that flooding that went on last year. You think they got as much care as New Orleans?

You are half way to a logical conclusion. But it's more about geography and other variables.

There is no destination as historic or popular as New Orleans in the affected regions we're discussing. If there was some city or resort with as much romantic draw, the situation would be far different.

And don't forget that New Orleans is a major shipping hub on the Mississippi river. That, along with being one of the bigger cities to service the off shore oil drilling industry in the gulf, and those are the unspoken reasons that New Orleans and Galveston got all the attention they did. The human tragedy was, in fact, very secondary to the economic costs to big oil.

Since there is no big oil in Kentucky, you won't see the kind of resources being spent to this day in LA. or TX.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm
Floyd
Man of the Demoneye

You are half way to a logical conclusion. But it's more about geography and other variables.

There is no destination as historic or popular as New Orleans in the affected regions we're discussing. If there was some city or resort with as much romantic draw, the situation would be far different.

And don't forget that New Orleans is a major shipping hub on the Mississippi river. That, along with being one of the bigger cities to service the off shore oil drilling industry in the gulf, and those are the unspoken reasons that New Orleans and Galveston got all the attention they did. The human tragedy was, in fact, very secondary to the economic costs to big oil.

Since there is no big oil in Kentucky, you won't see the kind of resources being spent to this day in LA. or TX.

Well, Houston is the 4th largest city in the US so that just might have something to do with it.

But I agree with Demoneye, Black people make a habit about bitching over any and every thing.  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 pm
Floyd
Man of the Demoneye

The Tennessee Valley stretches well into KY, right? Because IIRC, the TVA has a s**t TON of dams and such in that area that supply a lot of electricity to the Mideastern US. Sure it's not Big Oil, but it's green energy, and if dams overfill, they can burst. And I think we all know what happens when a 70-year-old dam bursts.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:47 pm
Fresnel
The Tennessee Valley stretches well into KY, right? Because IIRC, the TVA has a s**t TON of dams and such in that area that supply a lot of electricity to the Mideastern US. Sure it's not Big Oil, but it's green energy, and if dams overfill, they can burst. And I think we all know what happens when a 70-year-old dam bursts.

No doubt about that.

But I tend to believe that the dams are better tended than the trailer park neighborhoods that were featured in the few news stories that were run on the opening of that freeze a few days ago.

It's not the whole state that is at risk. But I wouldn't want to live in the small towns or rural counties that took the hardest hits.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 pm
OberFeldwebel
Come on... come on... say it.
Say it dammit!

Barack Obama hates white people.
Even though he himself is half white.

Well I guess everyone has to have a little good in them.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But no seriously It's like what does ky have besides fried chicken (and sex lube redface )  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff