Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
WTF is up with ammo prices!? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahmose313

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 pm
A few years ago, looking for 7.62 x 54R ammo was like going to the grocery store for milk. You could buy ammo for about 15 cents/round. Now, I can't find it anywhere locally, and when I do, it's over $1/round. I know a lot of it is being bought up for the armament of the middle east, but come on! Locally, I can't even find .45 cowboy loads, 9mm Luger, or even 30-30's! It's gotten crazy! Am I the only one experiencing this?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm
It runs hot and cold. I keep an eye open at Duncan's and Big 5 Sporting Goods.

The sales people at Big 5 gave me a 500 round brick of .22LR CCI Blazer for $1.98. Yes, a buck ninety eight for 500 .22 rounds. Hope I can score some good deals on 20 gauge ammo next week when I pick up my Remington 870 Express.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:38 pm
I guess I'm getting lucky at $10 for 200 rounds of 9mm.
And $4 a box of 7.62x54R (15 rounds per box, I think).

And I'm already pretty damn set for .22, as I buy a 500 count box every time I even OPEN a previous box.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm
WOW, $4 for a box of 7.62! That's paradise for me at this point. Like I said earlier, for 20 rounds it was $25! I wish I could get a deal like that, hopefully those prices hit here SOON, cause I don't have any more plinking ammo. All I have is 5 rounds for emergency. As for the 9mm Luger, I'm down to my last box of ammo, and only have enough for 3 mags.  

Ahmose313

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:37 am
My friend's grandpa only let me fire two rounds on the 8mm Mauser because that's all he had of the type he'd let me fire (sharp pointed tip, like a standard military round. He keeps the rounded-tip ones in case a cougar or coyote comes on his property). The rounds are ******** expensive.

Still not as bad as .50 BMG rounds. $2-$5 PER ROUND.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:14 am
Wal-Mart stopped selling ammo. ********. Where am I gonna buy my .22 from now, HUH? I bet the gun shop down the street from there would gouge me.

Wonder what the local shop charges...?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:31 am
Fresnel
Wal-Mart stopped selling ammo. ********. Where am I gonna buy my .22 from now, HUH? I bet the gun shop down the street from there would gouge me.

Wonder what the local shop charges...?

A box of 12ga. 3" BBB steel, around me goes:

Walmart-$14-16 (winchester / remmingtom)
Kmart-$18 (winchester)
Gunshop-$20 (federal)
Sports shop-$32 (?)

So the gun shop is higher, but won't kill you (so to speak)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:21 pm
yep. times are tough for us sportsmen and gun nuts. i recently picked up a 20 round brick or 30-30 remington rounds for 10 bucks. that wasnt so bad, if not great. .22 ammo is still relatively inexpensive where i live, considering almost everyone has a .22. hopefully ammunition prices will go down soon, but im not going to promise anything  

-IRyouI-

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:09 pm
Turner's is pretty decent right now... (for once) 9mm FMJ Factory is going at 9.99, .40 Cal 12.99, .45 14.99 for boxes of 50.

I havent looked for any 54R, cause, honestly i'm afraid that my Mosin has some dangerous, and irreparable rust pitting, and weather damage. I guess i was a little hard on her. I've got 70 rounds on hand...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:28 pm
Crash Maniac
Turner's is pretty decent right now... (for once) 9mm FMJ Factory is going at 9.99, .40 Cal 12.99, .45 14.99 for boxes of 50.

I havent looked for any 54R, cause, honestly i'm afraid that my Mosin has some dangerous, and irreparable rust pitting, and weather damage. I guess i was a little hard on her. I've got 70 rounds on hand...
Pitting on the barrel or action? Hell, either way I'd be willing to bet there's plenty of spare parts out there, if you wanted to replace it. Might just be cheaper to buy a new gun though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 pm
Fresnel
Crash Maniac

Pitting on the barrel or action? Hell, either way I'd be willing to bet there's plenty of spare parts out there, if you wanted to replace it. Might just be cheaper to buy a new gun though.

pitting in the barrel that i can see... and some pitting on the outside of the receiver. the bolt's fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am
With the projected $200 I'm going to have to cough up for a deer slug barrel for my new 870 Express, I'm going to hold off until the next Crossroads of the West gun show and load up at the ammo dealers that attend that event every time. Other than sale prices at Duncan's or Big 5, that's about the last resort for hands on ammo purchases.

I should have begun buying/hoarding 20 gauge ammo the second I bought the Remington, but buying that, along with the second barrel, ate up most of my pre-tax refund budget.

Here's hoping I get a nice cut on my taxes as well as another $300 from the feds. That's my kind of stimulus. Baby needs a nice fitted case.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Ahmose313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:38 am
You guys aren't going to believe this. But now I can't even find the ammo for sale here. Not only that, but my city is now labeling any store that sells ammunition as an "adult establishment". Therefore they have to get not only a FFL, but the license to operate as an adult establishment in order to sell ammunition. So places like Wal-Mart are clearing out, Big-5, Sportsman's Warehouse, colloector, and the tactical shops are all clearing out their ammo inventory at severely marked up prices! I'm in HELL!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:11 am
Ahmose313
You guys aren't going to believe this. But now I can't even find the ammo for sale here. Not only that, but my city is now labeling any store that sells ammunition as an "adult establishment". Therefore they have to get not only a FFL, but the license to operate as an adult establishment in order to sell ammunition. So places like Wal-Mart are clearing out, Big-5, Sportsman's Warehouse, colloector, and the tactical shops are all clearing out their ammo inventory at severely marked up prices! I'm in HELL!!!

Well, that's a tactic that I've heard about before.

Anti-gun commies.

I wonder what the NRA is going to do about that Bullshit.  

OberFeldwebel

LuckyXIII_NH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:13 am
How about ordering online? Sure you have to wait a couple days for it to get shipped and delievered, but it's a lot cheaper and the internet nevers runs out.

Ammoman.com is good for 7.62x54r. $179 for 600 rounds. Not dirt cheap, but still a lot better than 25 bucks for a box of 20.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff