Reply Zombies. Seriously.
The "Perfect" Zombie Defence Weapon Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sidal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm
Just trying to spark some discussion mostly with this, but in my opinion the military's "MasterKey" system (an M16 or M4 with an underbarrel Remington 870 MCS shotgun) seems like a great ZDW (Zombie Defense Weapon) because you have the combination of two specialized ranged weapons; the M16/M4 for long-range, even coupled with a good scope, can handle them at a distance, while the shotgun loaded with slugs has the advantage of that hard kick forcing them down, while also doubling as an entry tool (blast the lock). Any arguments, agreements, or other suggestions? And before you say it, "Swords do not need to be reloaded," but, "guns don't need to worry about getting close."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:44 am
The AR/M16 platform is poorly balanced, and the Masterkey would only make it worse. Also, shotgun shells suck to lug around. Other than that, it's pretty awesome.

Oh, right, the MCS doesn't fit a 20" AR, only the 16" carbine. But the KAC and whatever the other one is will fit it. Just FYI.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sidal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:11 am
KAC?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:26 am
Sidal
KAC?
Knight Armament Company. It was one ugly ******** src="https://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/s.gif" alt="User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show." title="User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show." class="bbcode-swap-blocked-image" rel="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/XM26_2_highRes.jpg" />

Oh, and the 'other one' I mentioned was the XM26. Same weapon, different name.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sidal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:38 am
Oh yea. Figured that would be harder to get as a civilian, so I went with the 870. Even if you just build a duct-tape mod of it, it'd work in theory. Still, the XM26 would be the better option; box mag, stubby, and easier pump-action operation.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:35 am
The idea of sticking a shotgun onto the end of an M16 sounds nice in theory, until you think about the weight that's sticking onto the end, making the weapon unbalanced. Not to mention you have to carry an additional ammo type and one that's quite heavy in large amounts. That doesn't appeal to me. I'd probably just have a Judge on hand loaded with .45 Colt as a kill-em-now weapon.  

ArmasTermin

Sidal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 pm
For when you're mobile, yea I agree with that. But if you're holed up trapped inside a quarantine zone, it'd be a good weapon for like perimeter guarding. If you're mobile, I'd say something lighter like the P90.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:24 am
Sidal
Oh yea. Figured that would be harder to get as a civilian, so I went with the 870. Even if you just build a duct-tape mod of it, it'd work in theory. Still, the XM26 would be the better option; box mag, stubby, and easier pump-action operation.
The 870MCS is sold by Remington Military, not Remington Arms. They don't sell to civilians. I'm kind of wondering if it would be possible to jerry-rig a Saiga 12 to fit there.

Serbu says they have an interested contractor for making underbarrel mounts for the super-shorty, so that may make things easier. With the pump on that thing it's perfectly suited for underslinging, too.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sidal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 am
I could see the Serbu becoming an underbarrel mount. Small enough as is. Heck, if someone could find an RIS coupler and attach a spare rail to the top of it, bin-ban-boom set. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get one..? I saw it once on a japanese website, and haven't found it since.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 pm
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/us_nuke.jpg  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Sidal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:49 pm
If only the FatMan of Fallout 3 really existed...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 am
Sidal
I could see the Serbu becoming an underbarrel mount. Small enough as is. Heck, if someone could find an RIS coupler and attach a spare rail to the top of it, bin-ban-boom set. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get one..? I saw it once on a japanese website, and haven't found it since.
The Serbu? It's serbu.com. $705 for the Super Shorty. They used to make a suppressed pen gun, too. xd

Quote:
Seeing as how I've never played the game, I'm going to hold out on headdesking right now.

User Image

Fat Man and Little Boy?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:43 am
Fresnel
Sidal
The Serbu? It's serbu.com. $705 for the Super Shorty. They used to make a suppressed pen gun, too. xd

Quote:
Seeing as how I've never played the game, I'm going to hold out on headdesking right now.

User Image

Fat Man and Little Boy?
The fatman is a mini nuke launcher and they all look kinda like the fatman.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Orkronos
Fresnel
Sidal

Quote:

User Image

Fat Man and Little Boy?
The fatman is a mini nuke launcher and they all look kinda like the fatman.
OH, right, right, I knew that. I was thinking the bomb in Megaton town square. So what you want is more like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Davy Crockett. Tripod- or jeep-mounted recoilless nuclear rocket launcher. Discontinued because the rocket couldn't propel the warhead far enough so that the launch crew was outside the fallout radius.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sidal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:49 pm
You'd think sometime we'd go back to that and say, "Well, if we rebuilt this and redesigned that..." we could have ourselves a better, SAFER version of it. lol  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff