Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Palmistry:Pentagrams* {Does anyone even study this anymore?} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you at least read elements in the hands?
  If I knew what that was...
  Pfff! Can I read hands elements? hehe... alittle
  Yes, It's pretty basic knowlege
  Sorry. Not a clue
View Results

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:15 pm
I study palmisty, some what.

Though I only {barly} know the basics. I don't fully understand about pentagrams,But specifically I want know about pentacles on the headline and underneath the jupiter and saturn mount.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh! and if you know some things about this, would you be able to tell anything you know about the more advanced palmistry symbols?

{It's all cool if you can't, I'm still learning}

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm
Namikikyo

Though I only {barly} know the basics. I don't fully understand about pentagrams,But specifically I want know about pentacles on the headline and underneath the jupiter and saturn mount.

Oh! and if you know some things about this, would you be able to tell anything you know about the more advanced palmistry symbols?

I have yet to meet someone, myself, who knows very much about this practice. I think it's interesting, but I've never had a chance to learn very much about it.

...The end is all that's ever true.

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 pm
Morgandria
Namikikyo

I have yet to meet someone, myself, who knows very much about this practice. I think it's interesting, but I've never had a chance to learn very much about it.

...The end is all that's ever true.

Oh. Well thank you very much for posting anyways xD I was afraid people were ignoring my question. But I'm glad to hear from somebody :3

Well, My main divination skill is just tarot, But I resently aquired a pendalum {I wish I could find out more about those btw} I like to read clouds and study my dreams. Hell, I even read features in face! But nothing has bothered me more then palmestry. No one really studies it anymore and it's difficult to find answers to all my questions. :/ Gah! Maybe it's just not my field... However, Are you willing to tell me what your favorite ways of divination are? :3 {I'm hopeing you can teach me something new}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:42 am
Namikikyo
Oh. Well thank you very much for posting anyways xD I was afraid people were ignoring my question. But I'm glad to hear from somebody :3

Well, My main divination skill is just tarot, But I resently aquired a pendalum {I wish I could find out more about those btw} I like to read clouds and study my dreams. Hell, I even read features in face! But nothing has bothered me more then palmestry. No one really studies it anymore and it's difficult to find answers to all my questions. :/ Gah! Maybe it's just not my field... However, Are you willing to tell me what your favorite ways of divination are? :3 {I'm hopeing you can teach me something new}

Much like you, I read tarot cards, and I scry in various mediums. I also have a couple of oracle decks. I've read elder futhark runes. I don't tend to practice a lot of divination, though, for myself.

I own several pendulums, but I have yet to sit down and do serious work with them, because as soon as they come out my cats decide that is the perfect time to sit nearby and swat them. Not very helpful, really.

I might be able to help with the pendulum. As to anything else, who knows? Never hurts to ask.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:01 pm
Oh thank you! Oh where do I start with those silly things..

So far I've succesfully programed my pendulum, But I want to know more with it. Use it for something more then just trivial personal questions like "Will I get in a fight today?" ..

But I wouldn't know how to get into some serious pendulum workings or even what I can do with it, though I do love it dearly. Would you know how I could strengthen my knowlege in this feild? :3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:31 pm
Namikikyo

So far I've succesfully programed my pendulum, But I want to know more with it. Use it for something more then just trivial personal questions like "Will I get in a fight today?" ..

But I wouldn't know how to get into some serious pendulum workings or even what I can do with it, though I do love it dearly. Would you know how I could strengthen my knowlege in this feild? :3

What I'm hoping to do sometime in the future, and it might help you as well, is to create a pendulum board. It's sort of similar to a talking board: there are various responses around the perimeter of the board, and the pendulum will answer your queries that way.

Like a talking board, you work in a protected space, and invoke a familiar spirit (a totem, a spirit guide, or a deity if it's a question that's relevant) to communicate with you through the pendulum. Since it's relying more strongly on an outside force to move the pendulum, the pendulum's motions should be very clear.

Like talking boards, pendulums do work best with direct queries, not open-ended ones. Questions that can get answers in "Yes-No-Maybe-Not Now", Magic-8-Ball style, are usually the most suited to this method. If you want more in-depth sorts of divination, you might consider a combination of trancework and scrying.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:04 pm
i dont know the specifics, just the very basics. it's an art i would like to learn, but i have found it difficult to know which information is reliable as far as the meaning of different lines and such. so sorry i couldnt be of more help...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm
sorry, i haven't moved on to palmistry yet sweatdrop i do have a book on it, but i'm more into tarot cards. i do have a set of runes and a pendulum along with a talking board, but right now i'm more set on my cards.  

whiporwill-o

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 am
Morgandria
Namikikyo

What I'm hoping to do sometime in the future, and it might help you as well, is to create a pendulum board. It's sort of similar to a talking board: there are various responses around the perimeter of the board, and the pendulum will answer your queries that way.

Like a talking board, you work in a protected space, and invoke a familiar spirit (a totem, a spirit guide, or a deity if it's a question that's relevant) to communicate with you through the pendulum. Since it's relying more strongly on an outside force to move the pendulum, the pendulum's motions should be very clear.

Like talking boards, pendulums do work best with direct queries, not open-ended ones. Questions that can get answers in "Yes-No-Maybe-Not Now", Magic-8-Ball style, are usually the most suited to this method. If you want more in-depth sorts of divination, you might consider a combination of trancework and scrying.

I yet to find a famliar spirit :/ Much less know how to invoke it. I guess I could call in a wandering one.. But that could be alittle dangerous. Any tips on that would be much appreciated. I have tried to make a board before, but it ended up being note book paper and purple ink. It was decent but too complicated for any real spirit to help. I would like to make a real usable board out of wood, maybe. I've worked with scrying a bit, only to know that it's very difficult at the oddest times. xD I've actually been researching a new age divination with the use of seashells or a conch. You know as a child, they told you if you placed the shell to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Well, if you listen harder, sometimes you can hear voices and I've been told that the more you practice, the clearer it sounds.

Btw,, I'm really thinking about buying that quartz bracelet on your website >.< They're all very beautiful, Your very talented

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am
whiporwill-o
sorry, i haven't moved on to palmistry yet sweatdrop i do have a book on it, but i'm more into tarot cards. i do have a set of runes and a pendulum along with a talking board, but right now i'm more set on my cards.

I'm not too good at it ether. However, I know how to find rare signs, like the medical stigmata, dragon's tail {Ketu} and psychic lines. Other then that, still learning ;]

Tarot still remains my favorite ;] I was the first thing I tried and the first thing I had a natural talent for. I usually make everything else, other then my crystal pendulum. Even my first tarot cards were plain playing cards with meanings on them xD Ghetto, I know. I wouldn't mind making my own runes out of willow though :3

Namikikyo

Angelbaby In Love

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:07 pm
I can't help you with the palmistry at all. I stick with tarot cards. I mainly use my oracle deck.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:40 pm
im learning palmistry. i dunno if its the same as what you mean.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:53 am
I just got a book called The Everything Palmistry Book. I got it becuase it's a basic book about palm reading but it makes everything clear and has been easy to read. I'm still not certain how I'll do. I'm used to tarot and playing cards and dice mostly. The other type I'd like to try is pendelum.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm
i've used a pentagram once. and i always keep one around my neck....that's it. i don't know much about them, only that they are supposed to enhance magic or something like that.  

wiccan of the moon

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 pm
black_wiccan_star13
i've used a pentagram once. and i always keep one around my neck....that's it. i don't know much about them, only that they are supposed to enhance magic or something like that.

The pentagrams she's talking about in this case are a formation of the lines on the palms of the hand, as a part of the art of palmistry:

"Pentagram - A very rare marking formed by the confluence of the Head Line, Life Line, Fate Line and Money Line, which clearly marks the sign of a Pentagram in the palm of the hand. This is a sign of great spiritual power and advancement, and indicates one who is highly adept. The Pythagoreans used to mark the Pentagram on their palm, as a sign to recognize one another by; thus the presence of the Pentagram marking may indicate a soul who was one of this ancient and highly advanced mystical school in lives gone by, and still bears the mark to this day. "
- http://ladyshadowfeather.tripod.com/revgigisbos/id46.html

I have no idea if that source is of any merit, but it's all I've found with my Google-fu so far.

Back to the OP...
http://www.thaneweb.com/features_1/f_146_palmistry.htm

This site seems to talk very briefly about the various mounts on the hand. Again, no idea how valid this is, but it doesn't seem to be absolute spew on the face of it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games