Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magica Gothique

Back to Guilds

For those of Goth and Wiccan and/or Pagan Culture. Always looking for new members! 

Tags: Goth, Wicca, Pagan, Occult, New Age 

Reply ★ Magica Gothique ★
Goth & Parents Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:11 pm
User Image
oh so Extravagant...

So how does being "goth" effect your relationship with your parents?
I know it can be hard for a lot of people and a lot of adults tend to be rather closed-minded when it comes to things that are different.

My mum finally learned to accept me for who I was and now she's completely fine with - she'll even buy me awesome corsets and such. xd

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:32 pm
I dont have no problem... Almost all my family is involve in spiritism ..I dont have no prob. My mom sometimes ask me for some gossips about this. She was a really good witch when she was younger... Now she is working again!!!!! ( I love her Im so proud!)

Now I have two kids... I hope at least my girl follow me !!!  

Witch of the Moon
Crew

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:44 pm
oh so Extravagant...

You're very lucky.
Most of my family is Christian and thinks I'm the spawn of Satan

User Image
My Guild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm
Jajajajaja No Way!!!! You make me laugh with the spawn of Satan...  

Witch of the Moon
Crew

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:14 pm
oh so Extravagant...

xd
My mum is cool about it and my grandparents leave it alone but my aunt is afraid to let me near her kids
It's quite insulting
:/

User Image
My Guild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 pm
My parents are fine with it. But, my grandparents... eh. sweatdrop My grandpa is a bishop, and he always ridicules the way I dress and the things I own. The other day, I was wearing a necklace that had skull and crossbones on it, and he picked it up and said, "And what is this??? I thought you were Christian!" I retorted with, "The things I like have nothing to do with religion." Aren't I smartical? 4laugh My grandma doesn't really care. She keeps her opinions to herself...  

Twisted Maggot

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:54 pm
oh so Extravagant...

Ugh, some people need to stop equating everything to religion.

User Image
Magica Gothique: A Guild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:52 pm
My parents don't mind but if I want something they think is tacky, I have to pay for it myself. Which is rather rare since I dress to be comfortable.

Although, I can't tell them I have chosen to be Wiccan. My sister, who's religious, told my parents it'll lead to Satanism, cutting myself, drugs, violence, etc..............................And my om thinks I'm too young to tell if I'm really into girls or not. I mean, my parents wouldn't care if I was bisexual, which I am, but they think you can't really tell until you loose your viginity. My sister would actually be fine with it. A lot of her friends are gay guy and lesbians.

I mean, sure, when I move out of the house I'll tell them everything once I have a steady income and don't have to depend on them anymore. My sister may never speak to me again but hey, that's her problem if she thinks I'm gonna do something comepletely crazy. She's always been overly paranoid to the point that it get's annoying sometimes.

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:31 pm
oh so Extravagant...

Ugh, the twisted impression people have of Wicca is disgusting.
mad

User Image
Magica Gothique: A Guild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:17 pm
My mum is generally relaxed about the way I dress - she isn't so keen on some of the more dramatic pieces I did have (no idea where they went), but she still paid for them. She's always considered it important that I develop my own opinions and am confident in them.

Although, there are certain things that I feel like I can't tell her about because I know I'd disappoint her, it would cause a rift between us and I don't want that because I have such a good relationship with her.

Things like my being bi-curious and an increasing interest in Celtic paganism - I've really been thinking about getting involved in it as my choice of religion. Well, I say religion, but it really is a lifestyle choice as it seems to influence every waking moment of your life. That and it just seems so...right for me. It suits me better than the Anglican religion I was brought up with. She thinks I'm a Celtic Christian at the moment, which I suppose I still am officially, but I just feel like I'm drifting away from the Christian church as a whole.

I think I'll tell her when I turn 18 in a few months - she can't do anything about it then.  

broken_joker

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:24 pm
Im 20 so Im not really effected by what my parents think about what I do.
I high school I was allowed to wear anything so long as it wasn't skanky. Which was fine by me.
The only real tention that was there was my religious views. I've been an athiest for a good 8 years or so and this always bothered my mother. Back in the day I'd get draged to church and all that. I would just sleep through it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:22 pm
Well I'm almost 30 and my mum (a psuedo Christian) still gripes about me and my devil-worshiping clothes. I've dressed odd for years now, and I am never going to like the clothes or colors she thinks are 'nice'. It doesn't really matter, it's just annoying to hear how she hates my clothes (long skirts, rock T's, long kimono-style shirts), she hates my lipstick, and blah blah blah. The point is that if I'm buying it then she shouldn't be carping about it. Like I told her, if she doesn't like my lipstick (lilac, black, blue and red) then she needs to buy me some she does like.  

Oterys

Ara Llynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm
My mom doesn't like the whole mallgoth bondage thing (personally I would rather be a Victorian Goth, or dress lolita if I had the money and the confidence). I could care less about the style, and I don't don it often either. As for my stepfather, his daughter is Wiccan and a goth, so I think he finds it pretty normal. I go to a Methodist church despite my views upon what exactly a higher being is, and what is the "true religion", so I guess no one would really think of me as a devil worshiper or anything of the like.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 pm
In my mum's book if you're wearing all black that is "Devil worship"
In fact this is all it takes: All black, lipstick in the colors black, blue, green, red, pink, orange, salmon, (browns and wines are okay) or purple.
red clothes (she says it's for whores, pardon my french).
Black nail polish, red nail polish, belts, chains, skulls, dragons, brow and lip piercings. Oh and let's not forget my biggest transgression, long skirts and dresses.

See how easy it is to be one of these so-called Devil worshipers? And the worst part is that at one time she had hoped I would marry a preacher *shrugs* She really ought to be glad I didn't since he'd naturally have trouble with her hypocrisy.

Oterys

Cohcho the Empress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:58 pm
My parents wouldn't understand, so they've never known.  
★ Magica Gothique ★

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff