Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Helping a Fellow Helper Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

carry on wayward daughter

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 am
Hello, guys. I'm sorry I haven't been on much since the summer ended - I've been busy trying to sort my life out. I've been loaded to the brim with college applications, scholarship questing, and just plain ole' trying to figure things out.

For those of you who do not recognize me, my previous screen name was Tor Petty, and I've been a member of this guild for... nearly the duration of its existance. I joined as a newb, and have loved this guild for a long time.

Now, I was hoping that I might get some help from you, and hopefully I haven't been gone so long that it won't be welcomed.

I have this scholarship that I'm pursuing, and it's for $20k. That money would help out IMMENSELY, and that's why I'm trying to rally some support here. I tried posting in Gaia's main chatterbox, but that isn't working out. Hopefully I can get some help here.

Details:

I am a semi-finalist for a zinch.com scholarship. Perhaps you've heard of zinch? It's a college networking site for high school upperclassmen.

Anyway, I am competing with students in my state for votes. In order to go to regionals, I have to be of the top four vote-getters. I'm in sixth. Please help me so that I can have a chance at this money for college!

Click this link:

http://www.zinch.com/Voting/Regionals.aspx?GroupId=29#Amanda-Edens

Then hit the blue button:
User Image

Zinch will ask you to create a log-in, but you don’t have to commit to anything. It does this so that the voting is fair. Just create a password and verify your email, and forget about it.

ANY help would be appreciated, especially if you can spread the word at all. I'm so sorry if this is an inconvenience, and feel free to move my thread to a subforum if you need to.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 am
I am new to the guild so I don't remember you of course. xp But I signed up and voted for you. Good luck.  

LDI Pearl

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:20 pm
I voted! kinda saddened though i did not get a i voted sticker.... redface biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:38 pm
this mean you'll be around more? we could use your help etting the guild to be more active.  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:46 pm
voted  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:27 pm
voted! smile  

redhamster121

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:48 am
This is sort of an odd question. But how do I go about creating an account? Normally account creation is really easy for me. If you could give me a step by step. So you don't end up forgetting the one piece of information I need that would help.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:54 am
fubar0
this mean you'll be around more? we could use your help etting the guild to be more active.

Maybe you could use the idea I thought up. I've been inviting twenty people every day in another guild that I'm in. The second part of the plan. Actually came from a captain of another guild. When they started the guild up. They invited a ton of members. And held a large contest to keep the members interest. Because of that many of the members that joined in the beginning stuck around for awhile. And because the guild was active with members. That gave the people joining a reason to stick around as well. That should always be at the fore front of any good plan related to a guild. Give the members a reason to stick around. And they will be more inclined to invite there friends.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 am
@Fubar:
Awww, don't grill me. I can't promise that I'll be around more for a while, but I WILL be as soon as I get squared away with all my other priorities {college, ect.}

I'm semi-decent at recruiting new members, so I'll try my best. :]

@Lance Calvis:
They have it set up kind of redundant. It goes kind of in a circle.

You're going to follow that link at hit the vote button. A window should pop up where you type a username, password, and your email. But you still can't vote at this point.

X out of that window and go check your email. There will be a confirmation notice. Click the link they provide you with and log in. You should be able to vote by then.

^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 am
Thank you so much everyone. I can't tell you how grateful I am.  

Dapper Werewolf

thatdude111

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:07 pm
Voted. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 pm
Thank you. heart heart heart
Like I said, this means a lot to me.  

Dapper Werewolf

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:13 am
Ignoramus Pie
Thank you. heart heart heart
Like I said, this means a lot to me.

haha. i can see how life as a senior is hard. it's already a pain in the rear end as a junior....you have to be godly in terms of education Junior year and godly in terms in time management senior year of HS.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 pm
I don't support vote-mongering, and you people shouldn't either.

I also question a corporation who holds this kind of contest for a scholarship. Scholarships should be earned, not won.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:48 pm
Teh Boxman
I don't support vote-mongering, and you people shouldn't either.

I also question a corporation who holds this kind of contest for a scholarship. Scholarships should be earned, not won.

well, nevertheless, money is hard to get by these days. you should still support her. also, i highly doubt other people respect and follow the rules and virtue you have stated. society has changed.
anyhow, welcome back, boxman.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces