Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
The Musings of Faeyra Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of the intro?
  It's kind of lame- why'd you put so much other stuff?
  I like it...
  Its alright.
  Ewwww... I hate it!
  Just here for the gold.
View Results

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:49 am
Yeh, so... I guess I'll just post some excerpts and stuff and see what you guys think, ok?

Some stuff about me:
-I often start new stories, but once I stop actively working on a story it will just kind of sit there
-When I get writer's block I can't write anything, be it for school, me, a friend, doesn't matter- I can't write until the writer's block goes away. This becomes a real problem when I have to write an essay and I have writer's block...
-I take constructive criticsm rather well, or at least, I think I do... Point out spelling and grammatical errors, please- and don't be afraid to share your other opinions either! Just please don't flame.
-I'm a spelling and grammar nut, but I'm anti spell-check.
-I rather like using elipses.
-Sometimes I tend to get a bit wordy with my sentences...

I can't think of anything else, so I'll just start posting some stuff, 'kay?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:01 am
Ok, this one is currently under the title of Unlikely Angel. This excerpt was taken from somewhere around the middle-end-y part of the first chapter. I'd like to note that bad grammar on the part of Fi is intentional.

"I was told to come and meet someone named Fiara, nicknamed 'Fi', who was due to die sometime midday today."
"Due to die?"
"Yes, everyone's destiny is all laid out, for the most part. There are a few things that a person can do to change their destiny. But most of the details are already set when they are born."
"What?! So I've been doomed to die at an early age since I was born?"
"No. You were originally going to die in your 90's. When you left the house, for some reason the book changed and said you were to die midday today."
"What, so the simple act of leaving my house changed my destiny and cut my life short 83 years?!"
"I realize that this must be hard to process for one as young as you?"
"As young as me?! You don't look to be much older than I am!"
"I am 717 years old, I will be 718 in about 3 months. I daresay that is much older than a mere 17 years."
"717?" I asked, dumbstruck. She nodded, "But... well... that is... You look great."
"After death, a person's body stops aging if they become an angel or higher power of some such sort."
"But wouldn't that mean that...?"
"Yes, I died exactly 700 years and 9 months ago on my 17th birthday."
"Some birthday."
"It could not be helped."
"Why? What happened?"
"It... does not matter. Do not worry yourself with the past, it has gone, and it will not return. What is done is done. We cannot change the past, but we can shape the future. And right now, we must help shape you so that you may guide and protect another to their future."

I would've liked to include more in this, to give you a better feel for the two characters you meet in this excerpt, but I was worried it would be a bit lenghty. If you'd like to see more, let me know.  

Faeyra

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:09 am
A) That was a great intro, besides all the questiony marks and such *giggles*
B) I LOVE YOUR ZIG!!! STARGATE ROX MY SOX!!
C) I would have liked to know more about your characters.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:12 am
Andromeda_Ascendant
A) That was a great intro, besides all the questiony marks and such *giggles*
B) I LOVE YOUR ZIG!!! STARGATE ROX MY SOX!!
C) I would have liked to know more about your characters.

^_^ Thanks. *glares at question marks* They weren't there when I previewed.... (Heehee. I fixed it.)
lol "Indeed Daniel Jackson." (I've been saying that all day)
... Should I post more then?

Faeyra

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:26 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:33 am
Awesome! Wonderful! I loved it! I'd like to read more, but for your protection I wouldn't post a lot. Some sickcos like to steal people's work. So, if you do post anymore, let it be from like...page fifteen from your story.
Great work by the way. Awesome. Indeed.  

+Elora_Delifane+

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:37 am
Andromeda_Ascendant
Awesome! Wonderful! I loved it! I'd like to read more, but for your protection I wouldn't post a lot. Some sickcos like to steal people's work. So, if you do post anymore, let it be from like...page fifteen from your story.

^_^ Thank you! *blushes* I wish I could give you more to read, but I don't have any more. The only reason I felt safe posting this much was because there isn't any plot info in that part, or not really anyway. But yes, some people like to steal other people's work, which is really stupid of them, if you ask me (among other things...). But if I do write more, I'll post some from some random chapter way towards the middle or something. ^_^
*claps* 4laugh Points to you for saying 'Indeed.' That's one of my favorite words now... 3nodding I say it all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:10 pm
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant

^_^ Thank you! *blushes* I wish I could give you more to read, but I don't have any more. The only reason I felt safe posting this much was because there isn't any plot info in that part, or not really anyway. But yes, some people like to steal other people's work, which is really stupid of them, if you ask me (among other things...). But if I do write more, I'll post some from some random chapter way towards the middle or something. ^_^
*claps* 4laugh Points to you for saying 'Indeed.' That's one of my favorite words now... 3nodding I say it all the time.

LOL. Well, great work! i would like to see more your work in the future!
*shifty eyes* Indeed.  

+Elora_Delifane+

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:15 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant

*shifty eyes* Indeed.

Thankies! I'll see if I can find some more stuff to post.
... *cracks up* ninja Indeed indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:36 pm
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant

*shifty eyes* Indeed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *composes herself and smiles, not able to help herself* Indeed! GAH! HA!  

+Elora_Delifane+

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:43 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant

*shifty eyes* Indeed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *composes herself and smiles, not able to help herself* Indeed! GAH! HA!

lol, indeed again.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:01 pm
I liked the one where she like died... that's what I gather, anyways... I think it would be a very good start on something if you'd like to make it something. If that makes any sense at all... sweatdrop  

explode555

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 pm
explode555
I liked the one where she like died... that's what I gather, anyways... I think it would be a very good start on something if you'd like to make it something. If that makes any sense at all... sweatdrop

^_^ Thanks. Yes, she did die... Kind of. I dunno, would you consider a Guardian Angel/almost Guardian Angel dead? Anyway, yes that made sense, to me anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:06 pm
Faeyra
explode555

^_^ Thanks. Yes, she did die... Kind of. I dunno, would you consider a Guardian Angel/almost Guardian Angel dead? Anyway, yes that made sense, to me anyway.
It sounds good just keep going on it. I think a Guardian Angel would be considered dead, right? Do you have the whole plot out? I feel that really helps me, at least, in finishing a story. Indeed.  

explode555

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:32 pm
I loved both of them! People should really consider posting more of their stories. No one in this guild would dare steal a story! I want to read it all!  
The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff