Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight is terrible. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jordanlaag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:32 am
I'll admit the fact that there's a good story line until a certain point, but the entire book is written like fanfiction. Bella is a true Mary Sue and Edward is a true Gary Lou and Stephenie Meyer can not write for crap. The fact that SM gets compared to JKR in any way is so sickening and sad. Even S. King himself said she sucks. You are all either delusional, very accepting of mediocre writing, or have never actually read a good book. I feel bad for all of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 pm
First of all, this was an extremely pointless thing for you to post here. All you're going to accomplish is a bunch of angry girls screaming at you. I'm not going to do that, but I am going to point out why you are wrong.

Second, I will admit that at one point there is too much fluff in Stephenie Meyer's novel. There could be more conflict or could just be a shorter novel.

Third, mediocre writing is defined differently to everyone. Some people enjoy the extremely detailed books, while other prefer the more vague descriptions that allow for more imagination. Of course Stephenie is not the greatest writer of all time, none of us are saying that, we are just saying we like her writing style. Whether that's mediocre to you or not I don't care. But, personally, I do like the way she writes. I don't care for the superfluous details some authors write, description is only entertaining for so long.

Fourth, why do you care so much? People enjoying Stephenie Meyer's work in no way affects you. There was no need for you to come here just so you can kick up a fuss. It just shows how extremely immature you are. Let people read what they want, whether it's Twilight or something you consider great writing. As long as people are reading, it's a good thing.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Lullaby For You

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:55 pm
I'm confused to why you bother to post here.

We enjoy Twilight, no matter what you say we won't believe you deary.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm
I didn't say I didn't enjoy Twilight. I do enjoy Twilight, I've read them all more than once and specifically said the storyline is good. I'm merely expressing my opinion on her writing style/talent. And my opinion on people who worship the ground SM walks on. I don't see how stating opinion is immature but ohhhhkay.  

jordanlaag

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:33 pm
stare

so basically, you're saying that all of us who like twilight are delusional?

Of course, Twilight isn't as good, but comparing Harry Potter to Twilight was both pointless and stupid. You know, Harry Potter wasn't the best written book either, and in my opinion, it's like fan fiction as well. I had no idea why Harry Potter got so popular either.

Meyer's not a bad author; have you read her other book series, "The Host"? Well, if you read THAT, I think you'll change your mind about Meyer being a bad author.

EDIT: you know, if you are assuming that we ALL worship meyer like god, you're terribly mistaken. WE just view her as another author, not a god or anything. We just LIKE twilight.

If you're assuming that we're all those immature fan-girls out there, then I'm sorry, because that's not our fault. There is a difference between them and us.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:40 pm
reinventxlove
I didn't say I didn't enjoy Twilight. I do enjoy Twilight, I've read them all more than once and specifically said the storyline is good. I'm merely expressing my opinion on her writing style/talent. And my opinion on people who worship the ground SM walks on. I don't see how stating opinion is immature but ohhhhkay.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you thinks she's a bad author I really don't care. But the way you went about expressing your opinion was immature.

I don't understand why you would come in here, into a guild obviously full of fans, and state that 'Twilight is terrible'. You most likely have no other intention than to anger a bunch of us just so you can have a little giggle at all the hilarious things the squealy fan girls say. There were plenty of better ways to go about expressing the way you felt about Stephenie Meyer's writing.

Of course we all think that the really devoted fans are a little bit strange. But the same principle could be applied to many other things. What about the people who worship Stephen King's writing (you used his name as though he was superior to many)? He's not an excellent writer in everyone's opinion. Or I could even apply it to people devoted to their country. All three are entities people are devoting their loyalty to.

It was not your opinion that sparked my response, but the tone you used. It was almost one of superiority. You should be careful about how you go about stating what you think because, although it's a free country, that doesn't mean people don't get offended.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 pm
reinventxlove
I'll admit the fact that there's a good story line until a certain point, but the entire book is written like fanfiction. Bella is a true Mary Sue and Edward is a true Gary Lou and Stephenie Meyer can not write for crap. The fact that SM gets compared to JKR in any way is so sickening and sad. Even S. King himself said she sucks. You are all either delusional, very accepting of mediocre writing, or have never actually read a good book. I feel bad for all of you.

I dont want people screaming at me but ever since it got into the spotlight the books have really started to suck I mean the last one was a terrible fanfiction in my opinion. dont get me wrong I love the books with a passion because of the whole romeo and juliet feel to them but still Stephenie says that she did the story justice what she really did was contridict herself the whole time. You knew who was going to end up with who and who jacob imprints on she didnt descretly tell us she just did that to please the screaming fans tht would beat down her door if she didnt. It is really rediculous how people are basically living off of these books and also how she makes a vampire sparkle I'm sorry but thats not what I think about when I hear the word vampire. The story is a good idea but she could have approached it a different way and she didnt need to take such a short time with breaking dawn thats why I loved the story in the first place she actually took the time to write a great book in twilight but by the time it came to breaking dawn she didnt seem to care about the story at all and thats what really bugged me about that book. Another thing that bugs me is these fangirls who are all like 'omec I am a hard core twi fan' when they only just started reading the books like a week before they say this. I have been with the series since the beginning when it first came out and when a girl who tells me I'm wrong when I say something about the book that I know is right because I've read them 27 times then theres a fight about to start. It is the same thing with the Harry potter books. Big deal they are movies you dont need to blow them out of proportion and make such a big deal out of them. This is all my opinion and you guys can scream and rant at me all you want I'm just stateing the facts that I want the world to know. If you dont like what I've written then shoot me because well idc what you think.

*end rant*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:11 pm
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

For me, I thought it was a pretty good book, until the fangirls.
And all that publicity. And half the world falling in love with it.
because it isn't that good, and the fact that people were so
all over it made me like it a lot less. But it's still a good book.

Mischief managed.

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:20 pm
User Image

how I see it is, it is written more like fanfiction but I like fanfiction. i think a lot of fan fiction should be published.

I think as the books went on her writing got a bit better. My gf won't read the books for that exact reason though. I don't force her to do that either. I still enjoy it though. But i look past how it's really written and focus more of the plot and what not. It's got some good character development and what not, which keeps me entertained.

I'm not saying she should be compared to JKR, I will say I thought JKR has better writing... but they're two completely different series and written by two completely different authors... so it's hard to compare them. I get annoyed when they are compared.

BUT it's insulting to call people delusional and what not. If people enjoy what they are reading then that should be the end of it. Insulting people will get you no where.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:10 pm
Kittycharm
stare

Of course, Twilight isn't as good, but comparing Harry Potter to Twilight was both pointless and stupid. You know, Harry Potter wasn't the best written book either, and in my opinion, it's like fan fiction as well. I had no idea why Harry Potter got so popular either.

Meyer's not a bad author; have you read her other book series, "The Host"? Well, if you read THAT, I think you'll change your mind about Meyer being a bad author.

EDIT: you know, if you are assuming that we ALL worship meyer like god, you're terribly mistaken. WE just view her as another author, not a god or anything. We just LIKE twilight.

If you're assuming that we're all those immature fan-girls out there, then I'm sorry, because that's not our fault. There is a difference between them and us.

You know why I think Twi fans shouldn't compare Twi to HP?
Becuase they are completely different books! Completely different stories and worlds! Thats what pisses me off about die hard Twi fans when they start to compare. That is all ^_^

Evil_Dark_Kitty

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:28 am
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Kittycharm
stare

You know why I think Twi fans shouldn't compare Twi to HP?
Becuase they are completely different books! Completely different stories and worlds! Thats what pisses me off about die hard Twi fans when they start to compare. That is all ^_^

I can under stand why the world is comparing the two because they currently are the two largest fanbases in the world right now. I really liked Harry Potter because of its large fanbase because then I could understand the movie more but with Twilight since I started reading it the day it came out I felt that I knew the story backwards and forwards and dont get me wrong I love the story the only thing that I hate are the screaming fangirls that think they know everything about the story when they have onlybeen reading it a week. That is the only thing that I hate about Twilight it really should've stayed in the dark that is for darn sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:36 am
Your mom is terrible. lol

Anyway, yeah, it's not the best idea to compare the two books. I mean, they're building a Harry Potter section in Islands of Adventure because it's -that- popular. I'd have my mouth drop if Twilight was even considered to be a theme park. v.v  

La Beaute

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:19 pm
La Beaute

Anyway, yeah, it's not the best idea to compare the two books. I mean, they're building a Harry Potter section in Islands of Adventure because it's -that- popular. I'd have my mouth drop if Twilight was even considered to be a theme park. v.v

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. But then again wtf kinda amusement park will that be? Fly on Edward? LMAO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:29 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
La Beaute

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. But then again wtf kinda amusement park will that be? Fly on Edward? LMAO.

OMG xDDD
Ride on Edward, hunting with Emmet, browsing the future with Alice, cooking with Esme, operation with Carlisle, Battling with Jasper, Racing with Wolves, and Escape from Danger with Bella. xD
Cheezy, but still, it'd be ridiculous if that came true. Kinda reminds me, I saw a Twilight board game the other day, xD  

La Beaute

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:39 pm
She's a stay at home mother who got bored. What are you looking for a Shakespeare? It's the way it's described that makes the writing seem intense. Even Stephenie herself said that she wasn't writing for anyone else but her.

By the way, for those who are complaining that people are comparing Twilight with Harry Potter, they compare them for the fame, not the storyline. People compare it to how big it is.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff