Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_underworks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:34 pm
The question is:
Are you scared of blood?

I'm asking you this question because if you have never asked yourself this question you will most certainly not appreciate finding out when you see too much blood.

My personal experience with blood happened today on an Alimac (a platform that is on a vertical rail) when it skipped a few cogs and suddenly dropped around 20 ft. My partner's face was mashed. He was a bloody mess and unconscious (his cheek bone was showing), but it didnt stop me from taking him down the alimac (by ladder (good thing hes a scrawny fellow)) and dumping him in a scoop's bucket and bringing him to the surface. It was just on the scoop, I realized that i busted my knuckles, but i didnt care, with adrinaline pumping in my veins, i just got to the surface. When i got the guy and myself to the nurse, i saw i was deeply cut on 2 knuckles and you could see the joints, and it was really gross. I then felt really weak and passed out...

Why did i pass out, not because im afraid of other peoples blood, but i am afraid of my own. Imagine if i would have passed out on the scoop, this 30 ton wheel loader would have gone straight to the bottom of the mine at huge speeds with someone in the bucket. So, that is why you should know if you are afraid of blood.

PS: My injury didn't even require stitching. I am terrified of my blood to this point XD.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 pm
It never used to bother me but for some reason now when I see it - on myself or someone else (only if it's excessive amounts though) I get lightheaded. I also get lightheaded when I put my earrings in (cartilage.)  

Lynnden_472

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 pm
I've never had severe experiences with body injuries, so here's all I can say about my own blood: I'm a girl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:10 am
I never had a problem with blood. I rather enjoy it actually, its a slight fetish. sweatdrop

My own also fascinates me, I enjoy staring at it, then licking it off if possible. However, if I am in a situation where I really don't want to be bleeding then if I start to, I get really pissed off.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 am
I've read some where that we generaly don't like blood or guts because its only a piece of the whole, we prefer things all neatly packaged together not in its parts.
That or blood usualy means somethings wrong.
I personaly don't mind my own blood as much as I used to.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 am
I'm not especially afraid of blood, though, I've also never spilled much of it myself. My feelings towards the fluid might change if I were to actually lose any significant amount of it.  

GilAskan
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:47 am
Ever since I seen my mom bleeding all over the floor when she got hurt years ago I pass out when I see alot. (With the exception of menstural blood I suppose)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:22 pm
gonk *knees get weak from the story* I can handle blood. The only thing I really can't deal with is bones sticking out of skin. crying That terrifies me.  

Twisted Maggot

Alister_King

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:07 pm
Digital Malevolence
I never had a problem with blood. I rather enjoy it actually, its a slight fetish. sweatdrop

My own also fascinates me, I enjoy staring at it, then licking it off if possible. However, if I am in a situation where I really don't want to be bleeding then if I start to, I get really pissed off.

Ditto  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:07 pm
ROAR!!!

Today when i returned to the alimac raise... I felt kind of weak even after the night shift replaced the platform and inspected the rails. But everything went well.  

the_underworks

L Kook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 pm
I'm not afraid of my own blood, but I do get lightheaded whenever I lose a lot of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 pm
It doesn't unerve me or make me feel week, it's sort of....mezmerizing in a way. In a way that holds you and comands your attention in a morbid way and challenges you to feel something, to do something.

There were three things that involved major amounts of blood that I saw. One was a car accident, another was my sister getting her head smashed by a long iron pipe, and one from my friend accidentaly stabbing his hand and loosing frightening amounts of blood for a small looking wound.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:52 am
I don't mind seeing other people bleed, and I can't say I've been injured to the point of finding out if my own blood bothers me.

I find it kind of odd, though, that I get a little squimish when I watch surgery being performed on Discovery Health, but I don't bat an eye at gory zombie flicks. It may be the reality that I'm more likely to have a trained professional poking at me with metal instruments than be eaten alive by undead, but I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:58 pm
Donating blood has made me conquer my fear of my own blood. I'm still a little squeamish, but it's specific injuries that scare me. If it's a regular gash, however bad, I'm usually okay. But if there's something in the cut- like a splinter or the bone is sticking out- that's when I get uncomfortable.  

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:37 pm
Bones are what freaks me out, but blood, not so much.
I'm a girl and bleeding like a stuck pig once a month sort of builds up an immunity.
I can't handle pain though. I feel ill just thinking about anything that might involve a lot of pain, or hearing people's stories about injuries.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff