Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:46 pm
Hiya! I'm new around here... I don't own an SoA yet, but I'm in the market, if you will! I'll probably spruce this thread up a bit when I have more time, but I wanted at least to get it started!

News:

14/Mar - I've officially started my quest for Makenaa, the God of... LAUGHTER!! blaugh lol xd rofl I've posted his entry in the God Quest thread (it's on page eight), but decided to include him here too.
1/Apr - HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY ALL!!! xd To honor Makenaa's favorite human holiday, posts have all been updated with funny sayings... enjoy!
18/Apr - I've changed my quest from the God of Laughter to the God of Fools since the first one was conflicting with an already existing God. No biggie. Still excited!
27/Feb - My quest has been officially opproved by SoA Gods!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 pm
Quest #1

(Oh snaps! I just found out the Goddess of Humor has already been taken, and a God of Laughter would would conflict too much. Rethinking concept...)

God of Fools
Name: Mjingau
Meaning: fool, buffoon
Nickname:
Domain: Foolishness

Normal Powers:
Shapeshift
Flight - Mjingau doesn't have wings. If he feels the need to fly, he'll shapeshift into a bird (provided he remembers he can do so).
Teleportation
Influence Offspring
Long Life

Temporary Powers:
Touch of Idiocy - When a situation gets uneasy or complicated, or when Mjingau decides that someone is acting too serious for their own good, with a flick of his tail he can make them temporarily... dim-witted! The subject takes on a simpler view of life, is much more easily amused and distracted, and momentarily forgoes negative feelings and intentions in favor of prancing around and acting foolish and otherwise behaving much like a rambunctous cub/pup. The effect can last anywhere from an hour to a full day, depending on the subject's force of will.

Dumb Luck - While within his presense, other "fools" (mortals who are considered foolish or stupid by others for whatever reason) fall under a spell of strange good fortune. For example, one might stumble out of the way just before a tree fell on him, or after falling off a cliff, a clumsy cub might be saved by landing on a flying bird on the way down, leaving them both unscathed (thought the fowl might be a bit ruffled) upon reaching the bottom. Things like that. This only applies to mortals who would fall under his domain however.

Permanent Power:
The Fool - This is a permanent version of Mjingau's Touch of Idiocy power. The mental capacities of those afflicted are permanently altered, and they spend the rest of their days as a fool.

Description:
Lineart Edits
Mjingau has no wings; if he needs to fly, he'll shapeshif into a bird.
In each stage he'll have a different comical facial expression:
Cub - his eyes closed, and laughing hard, with his mouth wide open. He's laughing so hard you can see small tears of laughter!
Juvenile - smiling with his mouth open and tongue hanging out slightly from one side.
Adolescent - smiling with mouth slightly open and cocking one eyebrow.
Adult - grinning widely, showing his teeth, with both eyebrows raised high.
All Stages:
Tail - Within his tailfur are several small bells, like the kind you'd find at the points of a jester's hat.
Ears - Somewhat larger than normal with little tufts of fur at the end of each one.
In addition, he's wearing a jester's hat and those triangular flaps of cloth around his neck, as shown in the reference below!
Colors/Designs
His body's colors and designs will be based on the jester reference below.
His body will be mostly white with those green and purple flaps of cloth around his neck. (In later stages they appear under his mane.) His eyes are dark blue with the same designs around them as the reference.
The fur on the tip of his tail and his mane when it appears are also made of strands of both green and purple.
His nose, the tufts of fur at the end of each ear, and his paws are all dark gray (almost black), as well as the area immediately around the lips... as if he were wearing dark gray lipstick.

History:
Stage: Cub
Parents: ??
Siblings: ??
References: Jester!
Personality: Mjingau isn't very bright... he frequently forgets who he is, where he is, and occasionally even what he is (especially while shapeshifting). Far from being annoyed by it however, he loves every moment of his life That's one of the advantages to being rather dim: life suddenly becomes a lot less complicated. Quite frankly, Mjingau can't understand why so many laugh at him... after all, they're the ones running about through life like a bunch of frightened birds at every one of life's inconveniences. He doesn't mind though... there are a lot of things he can't understand! Besides just being a buffoon however, he also cares about mortals who are considered fools by others. The slow-minded and the stupid need someone to watch after them just like everybody else.
Despite being of a very slow mind, Mjingau is a jovial, kind-hearted, and sincere spirit... and while he may forget their names from time to time, his friends are very dear to him, and he does what he can to make them happy, though he sometimes just comes across as annoying! To those who don't know him well, some of the comments he makes may sometimes seem insensitive or mocking in nature. But the truth is, he means what he says, never intentionally makes anyone angry or sad, and just isn't smart enough to grasp the concept of sarcasm!
Mjingau is especially fond of little children, who's young minds tend to be unsullied by life's worries.

Status: I have the funds, I guess I just need a slot! ninja

Other name possibilities: Zuzu, Kimondo, Tothi, Bunga  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:50 pm
eek Laughing gives you endorphins, and endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't kill each other. They just don't.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:51 pm
mrgreen Kookaburra sits on electric wire, jumping up and down with his pants on fire!  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:52 pm
biggrin Everyone has a laughing place; a laughing place, to go-ho-ho! Turn that frown right upside down and you'll find yours I know-ho-ho!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 pm
3nodding The more we laugh, (haha ha ha!) the more we fill with glee! The more the glee, (haha ha ha!) the more we're a merrier we!  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:44 pm
cool Laugh, giggle, snicker, guffaw, chuckle and chortle and ha ha ha!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:31 pm
If you can smile when things go wrong
And say it doesn’t matter,
If you can laugh of cares and woe
And trouble makes you fatter,
If you can keep a cheerful face
When all around are blue...
Then have your head examined, Bud,
There’s something wrong with you!
For one thing I’ve arrived at
There are no ands and buts:
A guy that’s grinning all the time
Must be completely nuts!

--Author unknown  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:33 pm
You start off by pretending you're a dancer with grace,
You wiggle 'till they're gigglin' all over the place,
And then you get a great big custard pie in the face!
Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:07 pm
biggrin Live well,
xd laugh often,
heart love much!  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:26 pm
How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad?
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad!
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral;
Can't understand what I mean? You soon will!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:16 pm
I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror,
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer,
But my breath fogged up the glass;
And so I drew a new face and I laughed!  

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 am
Name: Mjingau
Species: Lion God
Parents: N/A
Offspring: N/A
Domain: Fools
Have you had your quest approved? Yes!
Description:
Lineart Edits
Mjingau has no wings; if he needs to fly, he'll shapeshif into a bird.
In each stage he'll have a different comical facial expression:
Cub - his eyes closed, and laughing hard, with his mouth wide open. He's laughing so hard you can see small tears of laughter!
Juvenile - smiling with his mouth open and tongue hanging out slightly from one side.
Adolescent - smiling with mouth slightly open and cocking one eyebrow.
Adult - grinning widely, showing his teeth, with both eyebrows raised high.
All Stages:
Tail - Within his tailfur are several small bells, like the kind you'd find at the points of a jester's hat.
Ears - Somewhat larger than normal with little tufts of fur at the end of each one.
In addition, he's wearing a jester's hat and those triangular flaps of cloth around his neck, as shown in the reference below!
Colors/Designs
His body's colors and designs will be based on the jester reference below.
His body will be mostly white with those green and purple flaps of cloth around his neck. (In later stages they appear under his mane.) His eyes are dark blue with the same designs around them as the reference.
The fur on the tip of his tail and his mane when it appears are also made of strands of both green and purple.
His nose, the tufts of fur at the end of each ear, and his paws are all dark gray (almost black), as well as the area immediately around the lips... as if he were wearing dark gray lipstick.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: Jester!
Are you an SoA god newbie? Yes!
How many times have you tried for this concept? This is my fourth try for this concept.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:36 pm
((I can't really use this concept since Humor has already been chosen, but since I spent so much time thinking him up, I'm keeping it here for future reference... maybe for ideas for future characters!))

God of Laughter
Name: Makenaa
Meaning: happy one
Nickname: His friends fondly refer to him as Chuckles.
Domain: Laughter

Normal Powers:
Shapeshift - When he's not worried about being discrete, Makenaa likes to turn into a laughing kookaburra, for obvious reasons. If he doesn't want to be noticed though, he'll turn into some other bird. He also frequently takes the form of a normal lion, since he enjoys spending time amongst mortals.

Flight
Teleportation
Influence Offspring
Long Life

Temporary Powers:
Tickle - A touch from Makenaa's feathered tail immediately causes the... umm, victim?... to be overcome with laughter! And we don't mean any sort of manaiacal laughter, if the target happens to be of a more evil persuasion; we're talking shrieking with uncontrolable laughter as you roll on the ground, unable to move, clutching your sides because they hurt so bad... but you know, a good kind of hurt! This fit of laughter lasts anywhere from an hour to a full day (in extreme cases), depending both on how much the target was 'tickled' and how serious a character they are - even the most serious of personalities can't resist laughing for a spell, but they may, with immense effort, manage to regain control over themselves.

Mirth - Humans and animals are not the only things capable of laughter. When Makenaa roars, the area immediately around him is affected as if nature or the earth herself were laughing: sources of water bubble and churn merrily; fierce storms become a light pattering rain and light bursts of wind; plants and trees loosen their branches and leaves to flow freely, even with no wind; caves and rocks seem to echo with strange, yet not eeire noises. The older Makenaa gets, the larger the area his roar can affect. The area stays this way for about two days, and all living creatures currently in or passing through it also feel the effects, though it's not nearly as powerful as being 'tickled.' Instead, they just feel innexplicably light-hearted.

and one more... maybe.... ideas? whee

Permanent Power:
The Fool - Makenaa rarely gets angry, but when he does and he decides to make an example of his offender, he can change something about the SoA to make them look ridiculous, usually by giving them absurdly large or tiny ears, nose, paws, or tail. The change is permanent. Not only does this humiliate the SoA in question, but it also lightens Makenaa's mood by giving him (and everyone else) something more to laugh about! (I'll only use this power if asked to or given permission to do so!)

Description:
Colors/Designs
((Okay... here's what I'm thinking so far... someone's going to hate me for this, I just know it! xd ))
His body's colors and designs will be based on this reference:
Jester!
His body will be mostly white with those green and purple flaps of cloth around his neck. His eyes look like those in the reference... and yes, I'm sereiously considering giving him that jester's hat! surprised

Lineart Edits
In each stage he'll have a comical facial expression:
Juvenile - smiling with his mouth slightly open and cocking an eyebrow.
Adolecent and Adult - grinning widely with both eyebrows raised high.

All Stages:
Tail - At the end of his tail Makenaa has a few large feathers instead of fur, which he uses for tickling.

History:
Parents: ??
Siblings: ??
References: Coming soon... if my somewhat wanting drawing skills allow it...
If someone were to draw a ref pic for me I can almost guarentee we'll be friends for life! heart
Personality: As a cub, Makenaa finds just about anything hilarious, and eventually takes it upon himself to spread the happiness that comes from laughing. He neither has nor wants anything to do with laughter that is sarcastic, mocking, or sadistic in nature; only the purest form born of joy that wells up within all creatures. But when such laughter is in short supply in certain characters, he helps them "find it" with a light tickle from his tail.
Makenaa is generally jovial and happy, and always looking for new ways to have fun and draw a good laugh. He's full of puns and witty comments ((which may or may not be affected by Inej's own comedic timing...)) and occasionally can be quite the prankster. He is kind-hearted though, and never tires to do or say anything to hurt or anger anyone... although unintentionally he's very likely to do so. When he senses someone getting annoyed with him though, rather than leave them alone, he's more likely to try a different approach to get them to smile and at least chuckle.
As he gets older, Makenaa matures and learns - to a degree - when to back off and let creatures be. He never stops trying to make others happy though. He eventually becomes especially fond of little children, whose relatively pure and simple minds are easily entertained and more appreciative of the simple pleasures of life.
Although rare, Makenaa is not immune to becoming sad, angry, or otherwise meloncholy, and since it's such a contrast to his normally cheerful attitude, he could remain so for an abnormally long time before returning to normal. Since he's usually quite good at finding the humor in nearly any situation however, it takes a lot to get him down.

Status: I have the funds, I guess I just need a slot! ninja

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:10 pm