Do you hate Harry Potter?
  no
View Results

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:11 pm
Hey everybody I'm new here (can you tell?) And I was just wondering if there are and other Jesus lovers who also read Harry Potter ?_?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:56 pm
I am! I could go into more detail if you ask a question, I guess.  

Erfaewen

Darkness Fairie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:57 pm
Okay I am an uber christian. I practice my faith, pray, and read the bible. I try to read or think of at least one thing out of the scriptures a day. Guess what? I am not only a proud Jesus Freak as people may label me, but a Harry Potter fan. My religion plays a major role in my life, but although Harry Potter may have some things deemed satanic, the children that are allowed to read this book should be smart enough to realize that this is all just make believe, am I right? I don't think they are going to allow little 1st or 2nd graders to read this book. At such a young age they don't have the attention span to read such a long novel, but they also will not necessarily understand the book because of the hard language and use of spells that the child may have trouble differing from other words. The child(ren) reading this book should be at the least a 4th grader, but be very well adapt to comprehending materails that are deemed to be fantasy, and seperating the fantasy from reality. All in all Harry Potter is about a boy who survived death and is on a journey trying to find his way through life and realizing his true place. It does revolve around his studies of magic, but other books also hold magic and make-believe why aren't those books being made into a controversy? For those of you who say this is a satanic book then why won't you actually read it? I know of people who hate it just because of what others have told them. They don't actually know the story, nor its morals. This is my own personal opinion, not that of anyone else. If you have any problem with it feel free to contact me!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:29 pm
I am too a Jesus lover, bible reading, christian conservative who likes Harry Potter. I don't see anything wrong with that.  

Hermione-Samara_Potter

The Weeping Willow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:49 pm
Darkness Fairie
Okay I am an uber christian. I practice my faith, pray, and read the bible. I try to read or think of at least one thing out of the scriptures a day. Guess what? I am not only a proud Jesus Freak as people may label me, but a Harry Potter fan. My religion plays a major role in my life, but although Harry Potter may have some things deemed satanic, the children that are allowed to read this book should be smart enough to realize that this is all just make believe, am I right? I don't think they are going to allow little 1st or 2nd graders to read this book. At such a young age they don't have the attention span to read such a long novel, but they also will not necessarily understand the book because of the hard language and use of spells that the child may have trouble differing from other words. The child(ren) reading this book should be at the least a 4th grader, but be very well adapt to comprehending materails that are deemed to be fantasy, and seperating the fantasy from reality. All in all Harry Potter is about a boy who survived death and is on a journey trying to find his way through life and realizing his true place. It does revolve around his studies of magic, but other books also hold magic and make-believe why aren't those books being made into a controversy? For those of you who say this is a satanic book then why won't you actually read it? I know of people who hate it just because of what others have told them. They don't actually know the story, nor its morals. This is my own personal opinion, not that of anyone else. If you have any problem with it feel free to contact me!
i am too. I heart Jesus and HP! It's too bad some people won't let their kids even watch or read HP. it sux! i mean like it's just a book/ movie. u souldn't really care and then maybe someday they'll forget about it and move on but i can tell u i'm not planning on doing that!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:50 pm
I'll even admit i didn't go to church today like i should have. but i still went to sunday school! mrgreen  

The Weeping Willow

The Weeping Willow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:53 pm
white_tiger768
Darkness Fairie
i am too. I heart Jesus and HP! It's too bad some people won't let their kids even watch or read HP. it sux! i mean like it's just a book/ movie. u souldn't really care and then maybe someday they'll forget about it and move on but i can tell u i'm not planning on doing that!
I was in 2nd grade when i first read HP stare  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:55 pm
And people say that God is forgiving and he will forgive you anyways.It's nothing to get all worked up about.  

The Weeping Willow

Lafaera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:34 pm
I've grown up in a Christian home and I go to church. I don't pray and read the Bible as often as I should, but I'm a Christian. I'm also a very big Harry Potter fan. Sometimes people are just too uptight about what is proper and not.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:57 pm
i'm not a christian, but i'm catholic though. does it count? lols  

Pow in the Wow

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Darkness Fairie

That what my brother doesn't understand it is no better than his favorite book series Nariah Chronicles. Its a Fantasy! Like they say don't know it till you tried it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:02 pm
Babii_Brunette
Hey everybody I'm new here (can you tell?) And I was just wondering if there are and other Jesus lovers who also read Harry Potter ?_?

mhm! 3nodding

I am a firm believer of Christ but I also love to read, watch, and play harry potter books, movies, and games. I know it is a sin, but I don't believe in the magic--i just enjoy the writing and feeling of the series.

Noctis_Crucis

Ciceros_Cupcake_Republic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:33 pm
I heart God and I also heart HP.

Thost people who say HP will turn out impressionable youth into satanists don't give kids enough credit for knowing whats real and what isnt. I mean c'mon has anyone really become a satanist because they read HP, and if they do its their choice becuse God did give us free will. And if they go to hell so what, they chose that too. Those fundamentalists should just mind their own business.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:37 pm
King_Cicero_IV
I heart God and I also heart HP.

Thost people who say HP will turn out impressionable youth into satanists don't give kids enough credit for knowing whats real and what isnt. I mean c'mon has anyone really become a satanist because they read HP, and if they do its their choice becuse God did give us free will. And if they go to hell so what, they chose that too. Those fundamentalists should just mind their own business.

Those who think Witch craft is bad they turn around and read romance novels with nothing but lust in it. The bible is against many things. Before dissing one brand of book they best look at servirty.  

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

LadyNyaruInfinity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:33 pm
I am a lover of Jesus as well. Though I do not have a specific religon yet, but I do go to church(es) on Sundays.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff