A Quirk In The Movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 pm
I was watching the Twilight movie last night after buying it. You know when Bella is searching up that book on the internet? There's something she looks at in the right side of the screen. If you look at the list there's something that says Little Brown.

For those of you who don't know what that is. It's Stephenie's publisher.

It's just something little I saw. Thought some of you might get a little chuckle out of hearing it. Some of you, now that the movie is out on DVD and that some of you may own it now, might go look at that part now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 pm
Product placement is like my favourite thing ever.
It's always good for a good laugh.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 pm
Haha i did notice that actually!

A quirk that I noticed, that keeps bugging me is:

about a week or two after bella goes to Forks, Mike asks her to the prom an mentions something about it being like a month away, and then later in the movie, when edward is in her bedroom and she asks him how long hes been coming in through her window, he said a couple months. but how could it be a couple months if prom hasnt even occured yet haha.

also, if you actually watch behind bella's mom's head, in the hospital scene on the television, you can see the ballet studio scene playing. i don't know if anybody caught that haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm
Lol really? I'm not that sharp. I did notice that Bella had her jacket when she was eating dinner with Edward in Port Angeles, and 'left in in the car' in the book.  

VanillaSugar11

Tea Room Terror

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm
VanillaSugar11
Lol really? I'm not that sharp. I did notice that Bella had her jacket when she was eating dinner with Edward in Port Angeles, and 'left in in the car' in the book.

Haha, Bella was very cold that night and felt the need for more than one jacket. xD

I did read Little Brown when she was researching the book, but it didn't click. That is kind of funny, I want to look for the ballet studio
clip now.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:03 pm
User Image

I'm rewatching it so I can see all this little things.
I didn't really pay attention last time I watched it XD I don't notice small details unless they're pointed out to me first.

EDIT: I thought Billy couldn't drive any more? And Jacob was always the one driving and Charlie would always say things like "I'll pretend I didn't see you behind the wheel underage Jacob." But in the movie, when Edward is at Bella's telling her he's going to take her to his house and then Billy and Jacob come, Billy is the one behind the wheel. O_o

EDIT 2: Was anyone else annoyed that Angela was only maybe an inch taller than Eric in the movie? In the book she was always self conscious about being taller than him. Also I really hate that Victoria was at the prom, and Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett were not, and the fact that Edward would have noticed she was there. Bleh! Sorry for the edits... this is all coming after watching the movie today lol.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:36 pm
Jellycones
Haha i did notice that actually!

A quirk that I noticed, that keeps bugging me is:

about a week or two after bella goes to Forks, Mike asks her to the prom an mentions something about it being like a month away, and then later in the movie, when edward is in her bedroom and she asks him how long hes been coming in through her window, he said a couple months. but how could it be a couple months if prom hasnt even occured yet haha.

also, if you actually watch behind bella's mom's head, in the hospital scene on the television, you can see the ballet studio scene playing. i don't know if anybody caught that haha.

Hmm, I some what realized the month thing, but I really never noticed it until I read your thing. Although, I am going to look for the ballet studio thing when I get my movie back from a friend, whom I let borrow it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:13 pm
I didn't nor do I ever think I would have noticed the ballet studio scene on the TV in the hospital scene if I didn't watch the commentary version of Twilight. It's kind of hilarious if anybody hasn't watched it yet lol.  

Jellycones

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:42 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
User Image

EDIT 2: Was anyone else annoyed that Angela was only maybe an inch taller than Eric in the movie? In the book she was always self conscious about being taller than him. Also I really hate that Victoria was at the prom, and Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett were not, and the fact that Edward would have noticed she was there.

In the book, Angela wasn't even with Eric; she was with Ben Cheney. I don't think Ben even exists in the movie.

And yes, all those prom flaws bothered me, too. Not to mention Bella's outfit! The dress looked like a homecoming dress, not a prom dress. Plus, leggings and a sneaker? To PROM? Please.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:15 pm
Well, first the commentary with Catherine, Kristen, and Rob is hilarious. You need to watch it. Now.

But this leads to something funny. It's right after Edward leaves for Alaska and Bella says "Things were getting a little strange" while eating lunch. At that moment, a guy in a black hoodie runs across the room behind her, hunched over. It is just so funny if you look for it.  

piercing_golden_eyes

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:05 am
Glitterbean

In the book, Angela wasn't even with Eric; she was with Ben Cheney. I don't think Ben even exists in the movie.

And yes, all those prom flaws bothered me, too. Not to mention Bella's outfit! The dress looked like a homecoming dress, not a prom dress. Plus, leggings and a sneaker? To PROM? Please.
User Image

oh yeah.. wow I feel like a retard now.
yeah I don't remember hearing about a Ben.
(the whole Eric thing might explain why I was like "uh... I thought he really liked Angela.. why is he asking Bella???")

And yeah Bella's outfit was horrible.
Honestly, I'm really hoping New Moon is better made and Kristen doesn't sound so monotone the whole time (I rewatched it again the other day and LOL'd at the part where she's like "Hey, what's going on over there? My dad's still there." and it's all monotone.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 pm
Oh wow, I didn't even see that in the movie.
Haha, I love how some movies, if not all of them, put in stuff like that to seeif people notice it.
I'll have to watch it again and see if I can spot anything else. :3  

Evanescent Moon

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Any one notice Stephenie Meyer in the resturant scene on a laptop... I didn't notice that right away. I also didn't notice the other stuff but I wasn't actually paying that much attention  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am
habiku
Any one notice Stephenie Meyer in the resturant scene on a laptop... I didn't notice that right away. I also didn't notice the other stuff but I wasn't actually paying that much attention

yeah lol i was watching it with my friend and after she went off the screen we both looked at each other and were like "...was that...her?" lol  

Gilded Crows

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:46 am
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
User Image

I'm rewatching it so I can see all this little things.
I didn't really pay attention last time I watched it XD I don't notice small details unless they're pointed out to me first.

EDIT: I thought Billy couldn't drive any more? And Jacob was always the one driving and Charlie would always say things like "I'll pretend I didn't see you behind the wheel underage Jacob." But in the movie, when Edward is at Bella's telling her he's going to take her to his house and then Billy and Jacob come, Billy is the one behind the wheel. O_o

EDIT 2: Was anyone else annoyed that Angela was only maybe an inch taller than Eric in the movie? In the book she was always self conscious about being taller than him. Also I really hate that Victoria was at the prom, and Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett were not, and the fact that Edward would have noticed she was there. Bleh! Sorry for the edits... this is all coming after watching the movie today lol.

Well Eric is Ben and Eric combined so the short issue doesn't really apply. I personaly found the height thing funny myself. People find the dumbest reasons to be insecure I swear.  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff