What Would Have You Liked To Have Happen In The Series? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:49 pm
Seeing how we can't really talk what's going to happen next, let's talk about what we thought should have happened. That way, we can still express the mysteries that should have been. We can all be held back and suspensed by what the next person is going to write. We can also discuss what the person has written why or why not that should have happened.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:03 pm
I really think that Renesmee should not have happened. Not because it "can't happen" with vampires or whatever that huge debate was about, but because I just can't see being parents in Edward's or Bella's characters. I felt like by making them parents, the foundation of their character's was slightly shifted and they didn't really feel the same anymore.

I think there should have been a big fuss with the Volturi that did not involve a hybrid child. I liked how their characters were developed in New Moon, and I think they should have been given a bigger part in Breaking Dawn. They could have brought some serious conflict with them if they had been given more of a part.

I think that Stephenie should have kept the child out of the series.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm
in New Moon i think that Jacob and Bella should have had a closer relationship, such as...actually became an item. kissed, and just acted more like a couple to momentarily fill her void in her life, and it would had made it more intense when edward came back and bella and edward got back together.

i also think in New Moon, bella's "hole" in her chest should have been less prominant in the book.

i cant really think of anything in twilight, eclipse, or breaking dawn at the moment haha.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:13 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I really think that Renesmee should not have happened. Not because it "can't happen" with vampires or whatever that huge debate was about, but because I just can't see being parents in Edward's or Bella's characters. I felt like by making them parents, the foundation of their character's was slightly shifted and they didn't really feel the same anymore.

I think there should have been a big fuss with the Volturi that did not involve a hybrid child. I liked how their characters were developed in New Moon, and I think they should have been given a bigger part in Breaking Dawn. They could have brought some serious conflict with them if they had been given more of a part.

I agree completely.
I always felt like something wasn't right about the book (to me). As in it didn't fit right with the storyline. Having a baby, to me, was random and just something that could've been left out. Volturi, I agree fully, should have had more of a good reason and plot to come over out of Italy. To me, I thought it was pointless of them to come all the way from their land for that child. They could've merely sent minions to bring the Cullens over.
It just didn't suit me. There wasn't the same feeling I had before when I read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. It sort of... I guess... diminished after the Bella getting pregnant thing.  

La Beaute

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:05 am
User Image

i can't say too much since I am still waiting to get Breaking Dawn when I have the cash to.
Though I went to Chapters the other day and read the last page and was like "wtf?? This is how it ends. It's almost as disappointing as the end of Harry Potter." stare

But anyways, i don't know how i feel about Bella getting pregnant.
It almost seems like it was put there to fill some pages.
Like going into it I was expecting more action more fighting. s**t more stuff from Jacob because he wouldn't give up on Bella
(cause I'd just assume he wouldn't imprint.. lol) Even though I
want Bella to be with Edward 100% It would have added for some good drama.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:42 pm
Jellycones
in New Moon i think that Jacob and Bella should have had a closer relationship, such as...actually became an item. kissed, and just acted more like a couple to momentarily fill her void in her life, and it would had made it more intense when edward came back and bella and edward got back together.

i also think in New Moon, bella's "hole" in her chest should have been less prominant in the book.

i cant really think of anything in twilight, eclipse, or breaking dawn at the moment haha.

I wouldn't have like to have read that when I was a first time reader. It would have bugged the crap out of me so much. As I read the series more and more I get a softer spot for Jacob. Though - all because of that - I could have seen a REAL relationship between Jacob and Bella. That would have really made the book a tad different in course because I think Stephanie wanted to REALLY show that void that Bella has when Edward was gone. Which is why that really should have not have happened, but I do think it is a good idea.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Jellycones

I wouldn't have like to have read that when I was a first time reader. It would have bugged the crap out of me so much. As I read the series more and more I get a softer spot for Jacob. Though - all because of that - I could have seen a REAL relationship between Jacob and Bella. That would have really made the book a tad different in course because I think Stephanie wanted to REALLY show that void that Bella has when Edward was gone. Which is why that really should have not have happened, but I do think it is a good idea.

yeah, i know what you mean lol. when i first read the book, it was perfect. well, not perfect. but it made sense. but i've read new moon maybe 6 times now, and every time she mentions how she cant breath and it felt like there was a hole in her chest because of edwards absence, i just kind of roll my eyes now. its too much. and even rob patz said in a GQ interview that he doesnt know how new moon will be a movie since its mainly just bella moping around lol.

regaurdless, im excited for the movie. and im going off on a tangent now so im just gonna shut up! haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:57 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.

i agree. renesmee was kind of a desperate reach for something unexpected to happen. she couldve found another way to involve to volturi in a scuffle of some sort, but renesmee was so random it just seemed out of place. maybe had the volturi claim edward waited too long to change her or something like that. however, adding renesmee did present an option for a new series, but i doubt thats going to happen. i think if she started another series shed be running it deeper into the ground than it already has been, so yeah. if she did she would have to have renesmee go out on her own or something just to have a new cast with occasional appearances by the twilight cast. otherwise it would just be over-exposure.  

Gilded Crows

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm
I Shadow Wing I
.Bucket.of.Joy.

i agree. renesmee was kind of a desperate reach for something unexpected to happen. she couldve found another way to involve to volturi in a scuffle of some sort, but renesmee was so random it just seemed out of place. maybe had the volturi claim edward waited too long to change her or something like that. however, adding renesmee did present an option for a new series, but i doubt thats going to happen. i think if she started another series shed be running it deeper into the ground than it already has been, so yeah. if she did she would have to have renesmee go out on her own or something just to have a new cast with occasional appearances by the twilight cast. otherwise it would just be over-exposure.

If she continued the series with Rnesmee and Jacob I highly doubt I would read it. I really disliked both Jacob's and Renesmee's characters. Plus, like you said, the baby thing was so completely out of place. The first three book dealt with Bella and the three nomads, and then all out of the blue Bella is pregnant. I felt like the Volturi were introduced for nothing. Like there was a book [Eclipse] that was kind of suspenseful with mystery as to what their purpose was in the coming books (especially with the short appearance of Jane).

I feel like there was a bunch of build up to nothing. Just a short talk about what an abomination Renesmee is (which the answer is a huge one).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:18 pm
I thought that book 3 of breaking Dawn was waaaay to fluffy, no fight scene, one death, a stupid fairy tale ending, no heartbreaking moments.....I would of loved breaking dawn if the 3rd book was a little more epic. neutral  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

DarkNeko86

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm
I agree in that I think Reneesme should not have happened. I think Stephenie Meyer made the book too fairytale-like. I mean, yeah it's great to have good endings in books, but they could have had that without a wedding, without a baby, and without a stupid non-fight at the end with the Volturi.
I read/listened to an interview a while back about how she did it like a game of chess, all in the mind. Basically they were testing the waters, Volturi vs Cullen family (which is/was a big threat to them now). To me that was a cop-out. She just didn't want to kill of characters. But that really just took all the conflict out of the story. No, I didn't want Jasper or Alice or even the amazon vampires to die, but... it would have made it more realistic and much more compelling.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the books, still do. They just could have been so much better.
And I was just... really, really disappointed in the baby thing. If it HAD ended up killing Bella or dying itself, it might have made the hideous pregnancy worth it... But... bleh.
I also think Bella should not have just accepted Edward back so easily, but... on the other hand I guess it is her character flaw to just accept being treated like crap half the time.

I am gonna stop now cause I sound like I hate the books, I think. When I don't. And I actually love Bella, I just wish she had not become a mother, and I wish sometimes that she was not so much of a push-over (as I see her).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:51 pm
I wish that the huge vampire group and the Volturi should've had that huge fight instead of Alice saving the day. It would've been way nice for Jane and Aro and Calus (Am I spelling that right?) to get what what's been coming to them since New Moon. And Demitri(I don't think I spelling that right either.) needed to die. Stephenie Meyer was leading up to that, and it never happened. sad  

Angelheart1700

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Riku Masen
I thought that book 3 of breaking Dawn was waaaay to fluffy, no fight scene, one death, a stupid fairy tale ending, no heartbreaking moments.....I would of loved breaking dawn if the 3rd book was a little more epic. neutral

Oh I know.
It was.. annoying.

I finally got to read BD and I actually wasn't much of a fan. I liked the beginning with the wedding and honeymoon... and then just kinda got bored at times, I skipped through a lot of Jacob's parts as I found them to just repeat itself over and over again, it got annoying.
And I liked when Bella gave birth/ Nessie clawed her way out basically, and then Edward was doing everything in his power to save her/change her.

Those seriously are about the only parts I enjoyed. Though I read most of it at once when i got to the part with the Volturri. Mostly because I was hoping something exciting would happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:52 pm
No Renesmee. No shapeshifters. More death. Less fluff. More conflict.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:29 pm
I would have like the Last book to be more graphic... mrgreen . Also the Renesmee.... sweatdrop ....and maybe a whole full scale fight....And times where I wish bella would have been like. 'STFU!' XD....or that's just me.... sweatdrop  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff