Weapons Galore Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:58 pm
I was playing Fallout 3 today, and I realized that there are a lot of similarities between Fallout weapons and weapons in the real world. I also realized that there were a lot of weapons, but I think there could be more variety, as well as some things they should change about the combat (mostly, I would like to be able to look down a gun's sights instead of just feeling like the character is leaning forward a little bit).

So, post weapons you would have liked to see in Fallout 3, melee, explosives, or firearms. Can be from another game, movie, real life, or just completely made up. Also feel free to post some aspect of the game's combat you would like to change.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm
I cant think of any other weapons that they could add, i think they have quite the variety.  

hirationugget

mmmmmtoast
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:45 pm
The Experimental MIRV which shoots 8 mini nukes at once is based off of real life missiles that we have, but we obviously dont have it in nuke form.
The dart gun doesnt even look like it shoots stuff, why would a toy car be the barrel, it would just block the darts wouldnt it? i dunno but it is a useful gun...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:40 pm
Mournful Maniac
The Experimental MIRV which shoots 8 mini nukes at once is based off of real life missiles that we have, but we obviously dont have it in nuke form.
The dart gun doesnt even look like it shoots stuff, why would a toy car be the barrel, it would just block the darts wouldnt it? i dunno but it is a useful gun...

I don't recall the car being the barrel. I think the car is under the barrel-tube thing, with the surgical tubing being wrapped around two of the cars wheels.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:11 am
Well, they specifically made the guns familiar, but not real-life ones; that was never supposed to happen.

It's a different history, so all the technology is different, obviously. The 'real' guns in fallout 2 and tactics have been openly admitted to as a mistake.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:06 pm
A desert eagle actually would be badass to get in fallout 3.  

hirationugget

johnny blackk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:38 pm
They should have had a Draganoff sniper rifle in the game, you know the Ak-47 with the scope XD.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:56 pm
Mournful Maniac

Actually, the Fat Man was designed after the Davy Crockett, a projectile nuclear designed in the Cold War for killing incoming enemy troops and irradiating the area for about 48 hours.

Reference (Davy Crockett)  

LOL ITS TAGMAN

LOL ITS TAGMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:58 pm
johnny blackk
They should have had a Draganoff sniper rifle in the game, you know the Ak-47 with the scope XD.

That could be compared to the Infiltrator, one of the new weapons in the DLC (The Pitt). It's basically an silenced assault rifle equipped with a scope.

( I'm making myself sound like a weapons geek )  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm
I would have liked specific sights for each weapon ( and I agree on the look-through-sight part)

Like a range guide for the Fat Man
______
.__|__
..._|_
.....|

Kinda sorta like that up there..... only straighter <<
I'm awful at making text art.... mostly when
Makes it easier to shoot more accurately without V.A.T.S.
.... And I shoot short with the fat man.... often  

Mr Chatterbox

hirationugget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 pm
Kyokii- Sanitys Eclipse
I would have liked specific sights for each weapon ( and I agree on the look-through-sight part)

Like a range guide for the Fat Man
______
.__|__
..._|_
.....|

Kinda sorta like that up there..... only straighter <<
I'm awful at making text art.... mostly when
Makes it easier to shoot more accurately without V.A.T.S.
.... And I shoot short with the fat man.... often
I know what you mean, i always shoot too short with the fatman and end up blowing myself up..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 pm
I watching No Country for Old Men, and I thought it would be pretty cool to have a silenced semi-auto shotgun like from the movie, even if you did have to reload it one round at a time instead of the combat shotgun's magazine. Another thing I think would be pretty cool would be dual wielding pistols. You could lay down twice as much fire, but they could balance it out by making it reload slower, and you couldn't dual scoped magnums.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Blades Of Null

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:53 pm
It would be way better if u coould hold two weapon and use em at the same time but depending on weapons combined wait would make u walkor run slower .Like two plasma rifles or a plasma rifle and a dart gun (deathclaws) ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:20 am
Something I never understood is why the Combat Shotgun looks exactly like a PPSH-41 from WW2  

mmmmmtoast
Crew

Renji Abarai The Great

4,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 am
mmmmmtoast
Something I never understood is why the Combat Shotgun looks exactly like a PPSH-41 from WW2

lol that is true

and the whincheaster reapeter looks like the real thing on fallout 3  
Flak & Shrapnel's (Weapons)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas